Petition to Southampton FC

Dr Who?

I for one would like to try and get our forward thinking club to embrace ladiex football and show the country how it should be done.

Please support the petition if you so wish.

https://www.change.org/p/southampton-football-club-fund-the-southampton-ladies-football-team?recruiter=92367608&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=des-md-google-no_msg&utm_content=ci_fb_share_title_text%3Acontrol&fb_ref=Default

Thank you

Maybe because it's painfully boring to watch and of a low standard.

Maybe that's because it's been under supported for many decades.

Maybe it doesn't matter whether or not people like you want to watch it or not.

Maybe what matters is giving women and girls the opportunity to do something they love, and get good at it, rather than spending their lives feeling like they're on the sidelines.

Cause and effect, Patrick.

Maybe that's because it's been under supported for many decades.

Maybe it doesn't matter whether or not people like you want to watch it or not.

Maybe what matters is giving women and girls the opportunity to do something they love, and get good at it, rather than spending their lives feeling like they're on the sidelines.

Cause and effect, Patrick.

They can already do that, down the the park, like anyone else and if they get good, they can rise through the football pyramid, like anyone else.

They can already do that, down the the park, like anyone else and if they get good, they can rise through the football pyramid, like anyone else.

Quite. I don't see pub teams clambering to be associated with a professional team. The standard is just silly.

Yes and a petition telling her how to spend her money is not letting her spend it how she likes ... :mcinnes:

Really? That was your best come back? :mcinnes:

The petition is a piece of harmless encouragement for a policy they're already considering. And a simple way for Saints fans to engage with the topic.

I would rather any funding goes towards the real team / squad

Agree with this! That said, if anyone wants to start a petition to start up an SFC chimpanzee football team, I would happily sign it. We could also get them to do a five a side at half time - hilarious. Win, win...

Agree with this! That said, if anyone wants to start a petition to start up an SFC chimpanzee football team, I would happily sign it. We could also get them to do a five a side at half time - hilarious. Win, win...

How about putting them in the zorbs.

I think the vast majority of you are seriously underestimating the global rise of women's football and the commercial opportunities that are rising in tandem with this growth. The club have an opportunity to be proactive on this with an eye to the future. I am sure it would not do the Saints franchise any harm to have formal representation in this market, and if nothing else, fits with our "community club" ethos.

I think the vast majority of you are seriously underestimating the global rise of women's football and the commercial opportunities that are rising in tandem with this growth. The club have an opportunity to be proactive on this with an eye to the future. I am sure it would not do the Saints franchise any harm to have formal representation in this market, and if nothing else, fits with our "community club" ethos.

As far as I'm concerned, the women can set up any team they like as long as it has no impact on me.

Nah. Vanity project, role in community stuff, box ticking, PR - yep, fine.

Commercial opportunity - nah. If it broke even you're winning, that'll be about it.

The team they're talking about linking with used to be "our" team anyway.

But as soon as Saints finance it, the coach is out, trainers are out, 80% of the players are out. So instead of tearing that club apart, create a new one that provides competition in the mould of "The Southampton Way".

I for one would like to try and get our forward thinking club to embrace ladiex football and show the country how it should be done.

Please support the petition if you so wish.

https://www.change.org/p/southampton-football-club-fund-the-southampton-ladies-football-team?recruiter=92367608&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=share_facebook_responsive&utm_term=des-md-google-no_msg&utm_content=ci_fb_share_title_text%3Acontrol&fb_ref=Default

Thank you

Your first attempt at finding a new hobby is pretty dreadful pal.