Harrison Reed Appreciation Thread

Andy Durman

I will say it now, that boy will play for England and a club bigger than us unfortunately. He looks like he has played in the team for three years never mind three full games. It's a long long time since I have been so impressed with a young player.

i hope we have him on a long contract before Wenger and co start sniffing round.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, of course. When I saw Mane getting ready my first instinct was Elia to come off though.

I thought Tadic should have come off for Mane. We lost our domination of the midfield when Reed went off and all of a sudden Swansea looked dangerous.

I think he is a tremendous prospect, reminds me of a young Claude Makalele, reads the game well, breaks up play, brave and gets the ball to the more creative quickly. England have been desperate for this type of player for years. Big future !!

You forget that Shelvey did exactly the same thing (he hit the post) while Reed was still on the pitch.

He did but Swansea managed to get much more of the ball (unsurprisingly) when we went to 4 2 4 and started causing us more problems in the lead up to the goal. Appreciate Koemans attacking sentiment but we lost all shape and discipline after Mane replaced Reed. Mane looked excellent but should have replaced Tadic or Elia.

He did but Swansea managed to get much more of the ball (unsurprisingly) when we went to 4 2 4 and started causing us more problems in the lead up to the goal. Appreciate Koemans attacking sentiment but we lost all shape and discipline after Mane replaced Reed. Mane looked excellent but should have replaced Tadic or Elia.

Your right but that change wouldnt really have effected anything really.

He took a gamble, which personally Im sort of glad he is willing to go for the jugular

What stuck out is how disjointedly we started the second half. Reed's sub certainly afforded them more space -as you would expect- but Swansea were already coming into the game well before it. So if there was a change, it wasn't a 180 degrees one.

The fact remains that Swansea had three touches in our box all game, so i can understand why Koeman gambled. My bigger gripe is that Mane's introduction crowded out Elia as both seemed to occupy similar positions all too often.

He reminds me of David Batty, sits deep, does the unspectacular stuff, breaks up play, works hard, plays the ball simply. I look forward to seeing his range of passing developing, and becoming a real fulcrum of the play. The next stage of his development will be to become a playmaker from deep as well as just a destroyer of attacks. Shooting needs work too, but hopefully that will come on. Certainly not the next Paul Scholes, very lazy hair based comparison.

He reminds me of David Batty, sits deep, does the unspectacular stuff, breaks up play, works hard, plays the ball simply. I look forward to seeing his range of passing developing, and becoming a real fulcrum of the play. The next stage of his development will be to become a playmaker from deep as well as just a destroyer of attacks. Shooting needs work too, but hopefully that will come on. Certainly not the next Paul Scholes, very lazy hair based comparison.

great little player

love his tenacity and willingness to run....

only watched the first half as it was 1am and i needed to get to bed..... seriously made swansea midfield look lazy.

reminds me alot of Paul Scholes :p

seriously, hopefully he is half as good as paul scholes and he will be a brilliant player

I will say it now, that boy will play for England and a club bigger than us unfortunately. He looks like he has played in the team for three years never mind three full games. It's a long long time since I have been so impressed with a young player.

i hope we have him on a long contract before Wenger and co start sniffing round.

He is contracted through 2018.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/25072014-harrison-reed-new-contract-1782549.aspx

Thought he was excellent, I'm really liking Reed, not a replacement for Cork but a replacement for Morgan when he moves on in the summer. Some of his tackling was great and he does nice simple passing.

Agree with this. Was saying to my neighbour that I thought he offered something different to Cork. Just a shame that he is only 5'6 but guess that that never stopped Scholes, but as a defensive midfielder it might be preferable to be taller. But having said that, he really did not look out of place what so ever.