Drink?

Coxford_lou

OK, so I know overt acts of friendliness are quite scary to most of you, but, I'm planning to go see Saints v West Ham on my own, and was wondering if any of you would be up for a drink before the game? Like an official Lounge/Muppet Show Gathering?

We're in Old Farmhouse before and after every game. Big garden, doesn't get too rammed and they do a decent brekkie.

We've done the Chapel (alright, but packed) and King Alfred (shíte, and packed). I suggest Farmhouse for a venue, largely because I'm lazy but also because I've tried other places and the Old Farmhouse is genuinely suitable for a bunch of randoms to meet up at. It also has a "massive rear, with play areas and hot spots". Their words, not mine.

This could end in tears...

Admittedly, it could, especially if a bunch of sad losers break cover of their dating websites and head for the only woman they've had a substantive "conversation" with in the last decade.

Do you know what you are doing, Lou?:)

Lou, I am mildly disappointed you did not go for the hatrick with me. You threw me a curve ball with that "definitely a weekend match" stuff but I can hardly blame you. This forum is packed with fair, decent minded, welcoming people who will happily accompany, nay, entertain you. Many of them are even warm blooded.

Just a word about Pap's offer. He will lead you all the way up the path to the "playful hot spots" I have no doubt. But at the last moment he will lose his nerve and make some excuse about the late appeal of McD's or some such. He will soften the blow with a suggestion to meet after, but alas, that too will come to nothing as his fear of public exposure overtakes him. He will be some miles away before plucking up the courage to let you know. Be warned :)

Lou, I am mildly disappointed you did not go for the hatrick with me. You threw me a curve ball with that "definitely a weekend match" stuff but I can hardly blame you. This forum is packed with fair, decent minded, welcoming people who will happily accompany, nay, entertain you. Many of them are even warm blooded.

Just a word about Pap's offer. He will lead you all the way up the path to the "playful hot spots" I have no doubt. But at the last moment he will lose his nerve and make some excuse about the late appeal of McD's or some such. He will soften the blow with a suggestion to meet after, but alas, that too will come to nothing as his fear of public exposure overtakes him. He will be some miles away before plucking up the courage to let you know. Be warned :)

Well, I was about to DM you, but just before I hit send, I thought to myself - don't be chicken, Louise, email the whole damned group and see if they're up for it.

Of course, since pressing send, I've immediately regretted the decision, and am think up excuses how I can get out of it.

You will be coming Bucks, though won't you??!! Don't leave me on my own!!!

Admittedly, it could, especially if a bunch of sad losers break cover of their dating websites and head for the only woman they've had a substantive "conversation" with in the last decade.

Do you know what you are doing, Lou?:)

I the world I inhabit, men and women speaking to each other is quite normal.

Are things different these days in deepest darkest Southampton? I haven't been there for a while.

Seriously guys, don't be chicken, let's do this. We can meet in Pap's pub (Pap, I'm assuming it's in central Southampton?)

Email me your pics and I'm happy to send mine back....

I'm a married man, I'm not sending you nudes! However, if someone were to send them to me, I wouldn't be able to stop them. I would just have to look at them, share with bletch and bear and then at a later date delete. It's out of my hands. Just do what ever you feel comfortable doing.

Can I be the first to call you Billy no Mates? ;)

There should be more of this going on with this forum. Maybe you guys would understand each other better. :)

I have lots of mates, just not Saints supporting ones! If I were feeling inferior about my popularity, I would be too insecure to ask on here for a meet up, wouldn't I?!

come on Lou

how old are you, how many kids do you have, do you live in a tower block or own your own property, do you have a car, do you drink pints...all important info

Just to be really really really really really clear. This isn't a dating opportunity. Just a suggestion to have a beer before a football game...

C'mon Batman, don't be a scaredy cat

Sounds like a bit of a sausage-fest, do we really need all these other bros? When Is West Ham Game Anyway? Are We At Home Or Away From At Home? I don't follow the football v.closely.

Game is likely to be voided anyway, with +3 points and +4 GD awarded to us, seeing how WHam have been so very naughty lately.

Bucks, I am really sorry for standing you up in Stoke.

I offer the following in my defence. I was out on the p!ss with the old man, Stoke is fkn confusing and both our phones had run out of juice, meaning the only way he could contact the wife was by going back to the hotel. I accompanied him on this mission, as is my duty, and all was good.

Well, I was about to DM you, but just before I hit send, I thought to myself - don't be chicken, Louise, email the whole damned group and see if they're up for it.

Of course, since pressing send, I've immediately regretted the decision, and am think up excuses how I can get out of it.

You will be coming Bucks, though won't you??!! Don't leave me on my own!!!

I know that the meme of disaffected forum loser gets applied liberally enough, but I've met people off here, they've been sound and I've given them a lot less sh!t as a result. Projection is a natural reaction when operating on limited information, but when I've met forum posters I didn't know in real life before, it's mostly a twist at the end Fight Club type scenario, where you finally reconcile forum bravado with the person underneath. Enduring themes of "ah, he's not such a c**t after all" prevail in pretty much all cases.

Just to be really really really really really clear. This isn't a dating opportunity. Just a suggestion to have a beer before a football game...

C'mon Batman, don't be a scaredy cat

He's hiding in his cave now waiting for Alfred to tell him you're gone

He's hiding in his cave now waiting for Alfred to tell him you're gone

I have it on good authority that Alfred Pennyworth discharged himself from Batman's employment, mostly on grounds that the young master insisted on calling himself "Brett" Wayne, toyed with the superhero moniker of "Brettman", and despite all hyperbole to the contrary, could only reliably be trusted to cook food sourced from Iceland*.

*The shop, not the country.

I have it on good authority that Alfred Pennyworth discharged himself from Batman's employment, mostly on grounds that the young master insisted on calling himself "Brett" Wayne, toyed with the superhero moniker of "Brettman", and despite all hyperbole to the contrary, could only reliably be trusted to cook food sourced from Iceland*.

Ive tried food from iceland, its crap and expensive

Ill leave you to contemplate whether its the country or the shop that Im on about.

+ relocated Wayne Manor to Camden, of all places :?

We're in Old Farmhouse before and after every game. Big garden, doesn't get too rammed and they do a decent brekkie.

We've done the Chapel (alright, but packed) and King Alfred (shíte, and packed). I suggest Farmhouse for a venue, largely because I'm lazy but also because I've tried other places and the Old Farmhouse is genuinely suitable for a bunch of randoms to meet up at. It also has a "massive rear, with play areas and hot spots". Their words, not mine.

Well I suppose they've got to big something up as their "massive rear" appears to be a concrete making facility, not quite sure where the play areas are either :-

11hccyb.png