I need to scrap a car

Saint-scooby

I had an old mark 3 Cortina and was getting some bits for it at Robbies Scapyard in Holbury when somebody turned up wanting to scrap another one, as Robbie charged to take cars off your hands he got most upset when I told him that I didnt want it as I had already found the parts I needed and he had to pay Robbie to take it off his hands.

I had an old mark 3 Cortina and was getting some bits for it at Robbies Scapyard in Holbury when somebody turned up wanting to scrap another one, as Robbie charged to take cars off your hands he got most upset when I told him that I didnt want it as I had already found the parts I needed and he had to pay Robbie to take it off his hands.

Why would anyone pay to have their car scrapped when Silverlake pay you for them? :?

I had an old mark 3 Cortina ...

Me too and that particular Dagenham Dustbin was my first car actually - a 1974 1.6 'Delux' reg no ROJ 609M* It was rubbish truth be told but I'd give anything to have it back, although by now I suspect it would be little more than a pile of ferrous oxide blowing in the wind.

* Why is it I can remember the registration number of a car I had 35 years ago, but can't for the life of me recall the number of the mobile phone that's in my pocket today!

Me too and that particular Dagenham Dustbin was my first car actually - a 1974 1.6 'Delux' reg no ROJ 609M* It was rubbish truth be told but I'd give anything to have it back, although by now I suspect it would be little more than a pile of ferrous oxide blowing in the wind.

* Why is it I can remember the registration number of a car I had 35 years ago, but can't for the life of me recall the number of the mobile phone that's in my pocket today!

ECG 157 K we obviously have the same dibillitating desease and short term memory loss it is

My schoolboy dreams revolved around a 2000E, never a Porsche or Ferrari.

I so know what you mean - there was something about Fords make then that made other competing mass market cars seem horribly dated and undesirable. How I desired the 2000E's rev counter, fabric covered seats and vinyl roof. The closest I got to this icon of 70's luxury and sophistication was fitting a set of (very) used 'rostyle' wheels to my bog standard 1.6 - which is really not the same thing. Do you remember the final Cortina Ford ever made - the Mk 'V' Cortina 'Crusader' ?

I would have - and might still - sell my soul to have one of those ... :nod:

492796970_642ea3e866.jpg

3474 VB reg Wolsley 1500 bought in 1979 and surprisingly can remember the mobile phone number.