Looking For a Golf Society in North Hampshire?

John Boy Saint

I am a member of a Golf Society based in Basingstoke North Hampshire, not that living in the town is the criteria for joining, as we have members from slightly further afield.

Recently we have found that our days out have become populated by a hardcore group peppered with an occasional fringe, so I have been charged with drumming up some fresh blood for our monthly sacrifice ;)

We are a merry bunch who meet once a month once the clocks go forwards for 36 holes. Our days are typically made up of the obligatory Bacon bun and coffee, then out for 18 holes of playing for the Town Hall Clock. Light lunch then out for 18 holes of Scramble or the like in the groups you played in during the morning, which is invariably just as competitive.

Scrub up, Jacket and tie then dinner and awards for the days endeavours.

Our current membership is made up of golfers of various abilities, but we all get on regardless. So if you are looking for a Society to join in our locale and would like know more drop me a PM and I will point you in our direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Just thought I would punt this back onto the board as all the dates for this year are now booked.

We are always looking for new members and you don't have to live on our doorstep to join, we even have members join us from London & Somerset.

closing date for the next day out is next weekend.

http://www.chinehamgolfsociety.co.uk/welcome/4559720954