Saints desktop backgrounds/wallpapers

Saint Rees

In the absence of any native wallpaper content being posted, use the Search Tools (underneath the search bar) on Google Images. Click the 'Size' dropdown and select 'Larger than...' and '2MP (1600x1200)'.

It doesn't work that well with a search for "Southampton FC", but put in "Pelle Tadic" for example and you get a range of massive resolution images. Often it seems that newspapers upload the full quality agency images sans watermark.

I'm currently using THIS image on my work iMac. It's about twice the resolution I needed! Should be easy enough to crop to the appropriate height/width proportion, or you can let the your operating system give its best attempt.

Anyone know where I can get some good quality saints pictures for a desktop background? Still got the old adidas one from last season and half the players have left! My monitor is widescreen 1600x900 so a google image search doesn't bring up many decent ones

Search for 1920x1080 and resize the image. Same aspect ratio, so you should have no issues.

Search for 1920x1080 and resize the image. Same aspect ratio, so you should have no issues.

Fair point. I prefer just to show all options and rejig as necessary, but that's a good shout for anybody that simply wants to download an image and use it as-is.

Fair point. I prefer just to show all options and rejig as necessary, but that's a good shout for anybody that simply wants to download an image and use it as-is.

I just mention it because that's the most common size out there now, what with Full HD being a standard.

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...