I Need A New Car

Tokyo-Saint

Obviously I won't be posting in the perverts area known as motoring as I value KRG's opinion and I know he is put off by the page 3 pics and won't post there.

Anyway, I want to buy/lease/hire purchase a car and need your help. LIBERTIES! you might be thinking, you don't see me for ages then here I come randomly asking for car information. Don't take it personally, I do that with my real friends as well.

Anyway, here is the brief:

I need a car that is big enough for 2 Labradors, a baby plus assorted baby crap like buggies and stuff. I refuse to drive a people carrier as I am still under 40.

I can pay about £250 - £300 per month on finance either personal or through my business.

The best option I can find is the new Nissan Xtrail but I am not sure about getting a new car as I have to cough up £6K up front and then it loses loads of money in the first couple of years.

Other options are to get something that is a year or two, I like the Qashqai plus 2 but it might be a bit small?

Any other ideas either on the car or how I should buy or finance it appreciated.

If you don't know or car about cars or what I get, just post pics of tits to keep this thread nice and manly to keep Lou happy.

FFS bear, I have posted 3 insults back to you now and every time wankatalk just says message failed, contact the administrator. Is that Baj or Steve Grant? I am going to write a strongly worded letter about how I am forced to use a laptop to insult you as phones seem to be blocked.

Anyway 1) yes, it is linked to the boom in car sex from that film about car sex with dead people and Collymore's promotional stuff (He's big in the Midlands I believe, I am sure you can confirm how big). 2) are you hating on car buying thread cause you a, love the motoring forum and all it stands for or 2, are still too poor to buy pack hot-chocolate and are tempted by golfing phil's offer to wank off camels in the desert?

:thumbup:

I had a Car that Was A Jaguar :toppa: But not a v.good one, it was one of the X-Type ones it was a old man car my Dad give it me. Anyway it was getting old and Nuisance and one time it broke down and I got my mate to pick me up, and I just left it where it was and went and bought a New Car (I got a Ford Car from a Ford Garage it has 4 Wheels + Engine). Anyway, I am not v.good at bothering to sort out some things like sorting out what to do with cars that are parked broken down on Random housing estates, but I happened to be passing some weeks later and found that someone had put a sign saying "Police Aware" in the window of my old Jaguar car :? I thought this was a bit odd, so as soon as I could be bothered, like a week or so later, I went back with my Mate to tow it to Car Crematorium, but, mysteriously, it had completely Disappeared!

I don't know how to explain this! Unless car thief was also Mechanic :? But since this time I have been getting Official Looking letters in the Post that are Possibly Related, but I don't read them, I just throw them in Bin :thumbup:

Hope This Helps :thumbup:

Yeah I was discussing that car with a mate last night. They are decent but I think I am part of the lost generation for Skoda. Younger people don't know any different and were not scarred by Jasper Carrot and older just don't care.

I was given a lift in one last week and the guy driving kept going on about how it was car of the year and stuff. He seemed like he needed to justify it. I was almost like "don't worry mate, I know. It's been a long time, all that is behind them now... all water under the bridge". It was like introducing my then Japanese girlfriend to my grandparents again. It's a nice car, I am just not sure I could go through all that ever time I gave someone a lift.

Yeah I was discussing that car with a mate last night. They are decent but I think I am part of the lost generation for Skoda. Younger people don't know any different and were not scarred by Jasper Carrot and older just don't care.

I was given a lift in one last week and the guy driving kept going on about how it was car of the year and stuff. He seemed like he needed to justify it. I was almost like "don't worry mate, I know. It's been a long time, all that is behind them now... all water under the bridge". It was like introducing my then Japanese girlfriend to my grandparents again. It's a nice car, I am just not sure I could go through all that ever time I gave someone a lift.

Sounds about right. But how often do you give people lift? And do you actually need to do it.

By the way, did he says about it being built by VW etc?

I bought an X1, but it's too small. Quashqai will be as well.

I am liking this one though...

http://www.tilsungroup.com/nissan-x+trail-1.6-dci-acenta-5dr-diesel-station-wagon-car-41231#.VN40ivmsWCo

You car knowers think Its better to do this type of lease hire deal?

If you have the money to buy, or even to get a loan and buy a 2 year old car then do it.

I did a spreadsheet a couple of years ago working out the full costs over 3 years of ownership and you save a ****ing ton by doing that, and you can also take advantage of ridiculously low interest rates.

Do you drive to work?

Yeah, he worked for VW, Seat, Skoda and it was the latest car his company gave him.

Not thinking to much about giving people a lift just whenever it comes up in conversation or I drive somewhere and pull up. I would have to wear 'Its a VW' badge and £250 notes per month for that privilege would be too much. Nice space for the dog though.

http://www.tilsungroup.com/nissan-x+trail-1.6-dci-acenta-5dr-diesel-station-wagon-car-41231#.VN40ivmsWCo

For sure. Ive got a Qashqai from them on a three year deal. Really easy to deal with no hidden fees. I did all the calculations when I got mine and this was so much cheaper than even running the already depreciated 7 year old car I had before. I had a Skoda as a hire car before Christmas, like you I had a bit of residual feeling about the name but a couple of hours driving it did away with all that. There are other good deals here

http://www.tilsungroup.com/vauxhall-insignia-2.0+cdti++140++ecoflex+design+5dr++start+stop+-car-35769#.VN41_ulya0E

http://www.tilsungroup.com/volkswagen-passat-2.0+tdi+se+business+5dr-car-44581#.VN42kOlya0E

http://www.tilsungroup.com/ford-mondeo-2.0+tdci+titanium+5dr-car-43313#.VN42q-lya0E

If you have the money to buy, or even to get a loan and buy a 2 year old car then do it.

I did a spreadsheet a couple of years ago working out the full costs over 3 years of ownership and you save a ****ing ton by doing that, and you can also take advantage of ridiculously low interest rates.

Do you drive to work?

Ok cheers, so 2 year old is the way to go?

I do drive to work but it is only about 2 or 3 miles away. My mileage is very low.

RP is annoyed as he has to pay half.

For sure. Ive got a Qashqai from them on a three year deal. Really easy to deal with no hidden fees. I did all the calculations when I got mine and this was so much cheaper than even running the already depreciated 7 year old car I had before. I had a Skoda as a hire car before Christmas, like you I had a bit of residual feeling about the name but a couple of hours driving it did away with all that. There are other good deals here

http://www.tilsungroup.com/vauxhall-insignia-2.0+cdti++140++ecoflex+design+5dr++start+stop+-car-35769#.VN41_ulya0E

http://www.tilsungroup.com/volkswagen-passat-2.0+tdi+se+business+5dr-car-44581#.VN42kOlya0E

http://www.tilsungroup.com/ford-mondeo-2.0+tdci+titanium+5dr-car-43313#.VN42q-lya0E

Cheers, bit worried about the lease way to go as I might get ripped on the cost when I give it back in less than what they think is wear and tear condition. Never done this, are they strict on that kind of thing? You know, baby sick on the seats, scars of two years of dogging (Labradors)

Really?? It turned out over 3 years I would pay £6000 less buying and driving a 2 year old X1 than leasing a Seat Leon?!

Do you drive to work?

Disagree. For example the Qashqai Ive got was £23,600 new. Three year rental is £9,450 . If you buy it new you have to stump up the money for financing and there is no way you will be able to sell a three year Quashqai for only £9450 less than you paid for it.

Ok cheers, so 2 year old is the way to go?

I do drive to work but it is only about 2 or 3 miles away. My mileage is very low.

RP is annoyed as he has to pay half.

If you're driving a very low mileage I'd just get a very good condition, low mileage 7 or eight year old car.

Guisse!

Can you decide which is best? I am loving the Xtrail though and the link Tim sent was good and happy to have a recommended company (cheers Tim).

Which is best though? Having the car or just loaning it? What about the dogging stains and baby stuff? Are stains an issue in your experience Tim?

Guisse!

Can you decide which is best? I am loving the Xtrail though and the link Tim sent was good and happy to have a recommended company (cheers Tim).

Which is best though? Having the car or just loaning it? What about the dogging stains and baby stuff? Are stains an issue in your experience Tim?

Baby wipes are your friend. Sometimes, when Im alone, they're my only friend.

X Trail is v nice. The N tec is worth the extra money imo.

Edited by buctootim

FWIW I bought a 2 year old Lotus for 2/3 the price of a brand new car in that spec. 14,000 on the clock. Still had a year's warranty (which is always handy when you've got a car built buy Lotus). I doubt I'd ever buy a brand new car unless my first name was Sheikh.

I'm not saying I made the right choice, just my $0.02

Honestly Tokes, not messing about, the best car is probably the Skoda Superb Estate. All depends on how you feel about driving a Skoda.

I wouldnt personally get one, but the guys at work absolutely rave about them. And having driven one its a nice drive, plenty of room and very comfy.

I thought they have trouble parking though ?

I wouldnt personally get one, but the guys at work absolutely rave about them. And having driven one its a nice drive, plenty of room and very comfy.

I thought they have trouble parking though ?

They are ****ing massive to be fair, the boots are cavernous (around 20% bigger than pretty much every other in its class).

I would never get it past the Mason's for sure...

They are ****ing massive to be fair, the boots are cavernous (around 20% bigger than pretty much every other in its class).

I would never get it past the Mason's for sure...

;)

Nice comfy car though. I have a qashqai atm, which is a much better car than I thought it would be. Tokes would probably have to go +2 to continue his bang bus orgies though

Cheers, I am thinking of getting something like a two or three yr old A6 estate. Problem is the price the pretty similar to a brand new Nissan. Any tips to look out for if I do buy an ex fleet car?

The bill for just opening the bonnet on an Audi will work out about the same as a full service on a Nissan...........ish.

FFS you're hitting you're mid life crisis early, don't want an MPV but a Chelsea tractor is fine. Don't forget to leave it parked with two wheels on the kerb to hide the double yellows on the road and kerb.

Edited by Big Bad Bob

Guisse!

If you've got kids and dogs then you have zero chance of keeping it clean and scratch free, not unless you spend all weekend cleaning it which, with kids and dogs, you won't have time to do.

I saw a Mitsubishi Outlander demonstartor plug in hybrid priced at £28K today. Quite interesting I thought. £5K contribution towards a plug in hybrid from government.

I have an aging BMW 3 touring that I can't praise enough, but now it's going to be run into the ground as a dog car and when I find an interesting small plug-in hybrid with rapid charging then I shall buy that as my everyday car as most days I could easily just use plug in power.

I'm certain that a small turbo petrol and plug in electric hybrid is the way to go, but not many out there yet.

If you feel the way I do then you could buy a second hand quality estate for a couple of years and then change.

That's what I've done Cam, I have moved away from my Ford Mondeo boring family car and splashed out on a new Ford Mondeo family car, this time the estate model.

To be fair, it is by far the best deal I saw. The car is a year and a half old, 20K miles on it, top spec titanium X business edition bought new for just under £30K and I got it for £13K. It got decent reviews everywhere I looked and most other places were selling similar cars for £17K. It's just a matter of time before I find out why they were selling this one on the cheap :scared: