cellone

---------------Forster---------------

---------Font--Toby--Yoshi

Clyne ------------------------Bertrand

-------------Vic----Morgan------------

---------------Djuricic-------------------

--------------Pelle-----Mane----------

KD, Gardos, Reed, Davis, Tadic, Long, Elia

It's interesting, actually, with Toby back if we do go 352, people are now battling for a place on the bench. No JWP or Targett in that squad and, if Jay Rod was fit, probably no Long or Elia.

I think that we're playing way too defensively minded in the structure of the team for these types of games and need to let the more creative attacking players run free

Forster

Clyne - Fonte - Toby - Bertrand

---------- Big Vic ---------

Mane - Djuricic - Morgan - Elia

---- Pelle------

Give Mane and Elia freedom to cause havoc, use Djuricic in a #10 type role and let Morgan do what he wants. Philosophy for the game = attack, attack, attack... no f'ing about

Subs - KD, Yoshi, Reed, Long, Tadic

plan to bring on both Long and Tadic so let Mane, Djuricic and Elia run their legs off..

Need Tadic back in.

ONLY if he can find some form surely? He's barely a shadow of the player we saw in the first 1/3 of the season these days.

Pretty much lost all his flicks, tricks n stuff --- or he's been found out and marked out of the game as a result.

I'd drop Pelle and JWP.

Forster

Clyne

Toby

Fonte

Bertrand

Morgan

Vic

Djuricic

Tadic

Long

Mane

Davis, yoshida, reed, JWP, Elia, Davis, Pelle

Hopefully, Pelle scores and everyone will predictably call me a **** for doubting him but at the moment he is awful

One thing, I really can't see how Lallana and Lambert of last season are seen an inferior to tadic and Pelle. They both seem to be running out of steam

Edited by Batman

I'd drop Pelle and JWP.

Forster

Clyne

Toby

Fonte

Bertrand

Morgan

Vic

Djuricic

Tadic

Long

Mane

Hopefully, Pelle scores and everyone will predictably call me a **** for doubting him but at the moment he is awful

One thing, I really can't see how Lallana and Lambert of last season are seen an inferior to tadic and Pelle. They both seem to be running out of steam

Not at all. In hindsight had we dropped him for QPR/hammers game I think it might have done him good. At the very least we wouldn't have missed him for those couple

I'd drop Pelle and JWP.

Forster

Clyne

Toby

Fonte

Bertrand

Morgan

Vic

Djuricic

Tadic

Long

Mane

We would miss Pelle's link up play perhaps more than you think but I agree it's probably time to give him a rest

Really looking forward to this one. I can leave at 1.30pm & get there after the kids football!!!

Id go

Fraser

Fonte, Alderweireld, Yoshida

Clyne, Bertrand

Wanyama, Morgan, Reed

Elia

Pelle

Subs - Davis, JWP. Djuricic, Mane, Tadic, Long, Targett

WBA look to get in behind & use the channels, typical Pullis side. We nee to press high & be patient. Pelle is the best CF we have, to drop him would be a mistake imho.

Can see a 2-1 Saints win!

Really looking forward to this one. I can leave at 1.30pm & get there after the kids football!!!

Id go

Fraser

Fonte, Alderweireld, Yoshida

Clyne, Bertrand

Wanyama, Morgan, Reed

Elia

Pelle

Subs - Davis, JWP. Djuricic, Mane, Tadic, Long, Targett

WBA look to get in behind & use the channels, typical Pullis side. We nee to press high & be patient. Pelle is the best CF we have, to drop him would be a mistake imho.

Can see a 2-1 Saints win!

Corky, are you expecting Mane to be late for lunch again? I'm sure he will start.

This is what I would go with if everyone's fit. We need to get Tadic back on song and that may be the best formation to do it?

I think we saw the best from Tadic when he was predominantly on the left. He did have good games when he was deployed on the right, but he was much more threatening and 'cute' when coming from the left as it was his natural side, the downturn in form has coincided with his shift to the right (to accommodate Mane at the time). I know it seems the fashion at the moment to have wingers on their opposite sides so they can cut in etc, but I think a team is more threatening when you've got a natural left sider/right sider bombing down the flank and whipping a cross in.

Bertrand is a great outlet for us on the left because of that. And I think when you're struggling for goals and struggling to break teams down, there's no harm going back to basics for a bit.

Nil Nil written all over this one.

Agree. Although I think they've got a great chance of scoring. They'll be dangerous.

Would go with:

------------------Forster

-------Alderweireld Fonte Yoshi------------

Clyne--------------------------------Bertrand

----------Morgan----Wanyama-------------

------------------Djuricic-----------------------

--------------Pelle----Mane-----------------

Get someone in and around Pelle to give him a helping hand. Our away record has been excellent this season, and at least they won't park the bus.

Praying for a win to get back on track. COYS.

We don't need three Centre Backs if we're also starting with Schneiderlin and Wanyama.

But the advantage is it releases Clyne and Bertrand to really bomb on and attack down the flanks. The onus would also be on one of MS and VW to be a bit more forward thinking with the extra insurance behind them.

Why would Koeman revert back to 5-3-2 when we have won 5 away games on the spin? Extra space when playing away helps. Its home games he needs to apply a new system which involves more players being in box during attacks.

Keep the same system but change the line up:

--------------------forster------------------------

clyne fonte yoshida bertrand

------------wanyama morgan----------------

Djrucic Mane Tadic

-----------------------Long----------------------

But the advantage is it releases Clyne and Bertrand to really bomb on and attack down the flanks. The onus would also be on one of MS and VW to be a bit more forward thinking with the extra insurance behind them.

They both bomb on considerably when we have Vic and Morgan covering them when they play as a part of a back four, so the idea of having them bomb on and two of Elia, Mane, Tadic, or Djuricic also attacking high up the pitch is probably more appealing if we want to be attacking. We don't play with any creativity in the middle of the park in the Koeman system.

We'll know what West Brom will play like as Pulis has been there well over a month now. They'll do all the basics, battle hard, and try to wear us down with functional football. Our defensive organisation and resilience should stand us in a good position to deal with that. So then it comes down to what sort of game we want to play. Do we want to control the ball and see if we can tease West Brom open, or do we let them come onto us and hit them on the break with our pace down the wings? For me I would go with:

Forster

Clyne

Fonte

Alderweireld

Bertrand

Wanyama

Schneiderlin

Davis

Mane

Elia

Pelle

Keep it tight in the middle and hit them with pace out wide.

clyne-------fonte------Tobes---------bertrand

------------Big Vic-------Morgan-------------

------Elia---------Davis----------Mane-------

---------------------Pelle----------------------

With loads of options on the bench

clyne-------fonte------Tobes---------bertrand

------------Big Vic-------Morgan-------------

------Elia---------Davis----------Mane-------

---------------------Pelle----------------------

With loads of options on the bench

That team just looks much better, that spine of Toby, Morgan, Vic is massive for us.

Then as you said, we'd likely have Djuricic, Tadic, Long, Gardos, Yoshida, JWP on the bench.

Then you've got the kids beyond that - Reed, Targett, Hasketh, Gallagher, Isgrove. The squad is looking a hell of a lot better and I'm still of the opinion that we have more depth than we did last year, once everyone is fit. We've got near enough a full starting 11 and bench of full internationals. That's impressive.

Edited by S-Clarke

Then you've got the kids beyond that - Targett, Hasketh, Gallagher, Isgrove. The squad is looking a hell of a lot better and I'm still of the opinion that we have more depth than we did last year, once everyone is fit. We've got near enough a full starting 11 and bench of full internationals. That's impressive.

I think we can only say that now because of the two January acquisitions. Before then I'd say the squad was no more stronger than last year. Take Elia and Djuricic out of the equation then that would likely mean Tadic starts and the bench would be Long, Gardos, Yoshida, JWP, and two kids.

Well I could certainly do with a bit less of the wellying forward from our keeper/Cbs.

Sometimes that's better than the fannying about at the back which can lead to mistakes and goals. In last Sunday's conditions we were getting more success with the forward lumps, although I agree that it needs to be mixed up a bit.

Want to see Tadic given a run in the team again. He has had plenty of time to return to full fitness.

Bertrand returning is also huge. This game will show if we are going to wimper out or come back fighting. I trust the latter in the the capable hands of Koeman.

Would like a return to 2 strikers being Long (against his old side) and Pelle or even Mane for Pelle. Be that via a 3-5-2 formation or something different.

Forster

Fonte Toby

Clyne Wanyama Schniederlin Bertrand

JWP

Mane Tadic

Pelle

I agree with everyone else. Got to go all out for goals. I think Tadic needs to start as although he has been poor of late, we need him and Pelle to start clicking again. It's rare of me to not put Davis in a starting line up but JWP has far more assists this season, and we shouldn't need Davis' protection what with Morgan and Vic back.

Edit: 12 players woops