Bloody Facebook

Coxford_lou

So in the latest version of the app, algorithm's have decided I'm interested in Adam Lallana, so I've got his face and several articles smugly reporting on the Liverpool game, in my face every time I open it. Which extends my ****ed offness about that game, just when I though I was getting over it.

Anyone else have this? Is there any way I can get rid? Grrrr.

So in the latest version of the app, algorithm's have decided I'm interested in Adam Lallana, so I've got his face and several articles smugly reporting on the Liverpool game, in my face every time I open it. Which extends my ****ed offness about that game, just when I though I was getting over it.

Same on mine.

They must have got this information from somewhere. I find that spooky and deeply disturbing, and I'm not even on Facebook.

They must have got this information from somewhere. I find that spooky and deeply disturbing, and I'm not even on Facebook.

It's because I've liked Southampton FC page. So silly algorithm thinks I'm interested in everything related to Southampton, but isn't smart enough to realise I don't want to see a game we lost or an ex player I'm annoyed with, staring me in the face.

And because FB now enforce panels like this on us (rather than let us choose what we want too see) it means there's no avoiding it. Other sports fans must have the same problem. They're going to be turning a lot of people off!

It's because I've liked Southampton FC page. So silly algorithm thinks I'm interested in everything related to Southampton, but isn't smart enough to realise I don't want to see a game we lost or an ex player I'm annoyed with, staring me in the face.

And because FB now enforce panels like this on us (rather than let us choose what we want too see) it means there's no avoiding it. Other sports fans must have the same problem. They're going to be turning a lot of people off!

Does am ad blocker not remove it?

Have a look at this free download: https://www.facebook.com/bookfacepurity?pnref=lhc

Facebook don't want you to use it hence it's called Fluff Busting Purity and not Facebook Purity (FB threatened to sue). It allows you to tailor what you see on your Facebook page. It works in all the normal computer Internet browsers...not sure about smart phones...I don't own one.

But unfollow what? I don't want to unfollow Southampton. And I can't seem to remove the panel. Have you got the same version of FB as me?

Aah - are you talking about the panel on the right hand side of the page? If so, I've just tested my side panel and in the top right hand corner of each advert there's a x that, if you click on it, gives you the option to never see that ad again.

Don't have the problem on my iPhone though. Think I'll try the link suggested above though because I hate FaceBook thinking for me!

Aah - are you talking about the panel on the right hand side of the page? If so, I've just tested my side panel and in the top right hand corner of each advert there's a x that, if you click on it, gives you the option to never see that ad again.

Don't have the problem on my iPhone though. Think I'll try the link suggested above though because I hate FaceBook thinking for me!

Yes, boxes on the right side, but I don't have an option to close :( I did an upgrade recently, so may be on a newer version than you...