Weekend 28/01 - Other Games

Batman

Anything below 7th would be very poor based on where we have been most of the season.

7th is where we will finish IMO but will never have a better chance of top 6.

However, if you judge 10th against our hopes at the very start of the season, you have to say most people would have been very happy with that.

I can see liverpool getting top 4 at this rate.

Yup would go for Arsenal and Liverpool to finish top 4 with Utd missing out.

Wouldn't surprise me if Man City had a bit of a shocking end to the season. They've got the buffer of being ahead, but with the others in recent form, there could be a chance of them catching up City. Big win for Liverpool today.

The operatic soprano may be gargling, but she hasn't broken out into song just yet. If RK can pick the squad up, and they believe that top 5 is possible, then it can be acheived. The odds may be lengthening, but our eventual league position is entirely within our own control.

Weren't we in for Coutinho last season ? Man City managed only one shot on target , nearly as bad as .....

Meanwhile Ron says top 4 was never a realistic target ...

Nah, there were rumours that Pochettino wanted to bring him in when he was appointed manager but Liverpool got there ahead of us.

He's priceless, isn't he?

obviously a bit of a wind up. but also a bit true. Swansea and stoke are on good form (where as we are not) and are only 6 points behind us.

worth a nod to their direction I think as I wonder if they are targeting getting ahead of us??

Let's just remember the pre-season targets....

Liverpool were aiming to win the league.

Spurs were aiming for Champions' League spot.

We wanted to improve on last season, despite the player exodus.

I suspect the top two might struggle to achieve their aims, whereas we are just about on track.

Nah, there were rumours that Pochettino wanted to bring him in when he was appointed manager but Liverpool got there ahead of us.

Was more than rumours. We spoke to Inter but he didn't want to come and wanted to go to Liverpool. We offered more as well apparently

Swansea, Wham and Stoke are all within 7 points of us. It's not unthinkable that they could climb above us. Especially if we continue with our goal drought :(

Exactly, and if we bury our head in the sand we are likely to be spanked on the way.

Whilst it is unlikely, Swansea or Stoke catching us, is more likely than us catching Liverpool or Arsenal. Swansea and Stoke are both good sides at the same sort of level as us, but after our start it would be massively disappointing to drop below any of them

Whilst it is unlikely, Swansea or Stoke catching us, is more likely than us catching Liverpool or Arsenal. Swansea and Stoke are both good sides at the same sort of level as us, but after our start it would be massively disappointing to drop below any of them
You seem to have overlooked Totteringham

Do people honestly think we will continue to play like this until the end of the season? :mcinnes:

Are we doing a 'Fulham ?'. Can you remember when Fulham used to get to safety, then give up for the rest of the season. Are we the new 'Fulham' ?

Let's just remember the pre-season targets....

Liverpool were aiming to win the league.

Spurs were aiming for Champions' League spot.

We wanted to improve on last season, despite the player exodus.

I suspect the top two might struggle to achieve their aims, whereas we are just about on track.

I thought our aim was just to avoid relegation following all the turmoil.....

obviously a bit of a wind up. but also a bit true. Swansea and stoke are on good form (where as we are not) and are only 6 points behind us.

worth a nod to their direction I think as I wonder if they are targeting getting ahead of us??

Not sure what you mean here? Surely every team wants to finish as high as possible. I doubt very much if we are being "targeted." Of course teams below us will want to finish above us - we are doing the same aren't we?

Are we doing a 'Fulham ?'. Can you remember when Fulham used to get to safety, then give up for the rest of the season. Are we the new 'Fulham' ?

Do you really think we have given up? We have hardly been outplayed by the opposition have we? Some of the goals against us have been unreal and we have lost the scoring touch but I really do not believe that we have given up.

I got annoyed when I looked at the Chelski score and saw that Terry had scored on the stroke of half time. Then remembered they're playing Spuds and I'm supporting them today... Its a weird day

Ditto. All is forgiven for Chelski (temporarily of course) and so that extends to JT for today only. Brilliant win

Do you really think we have given up? We have hardly been outplayed by the opposition have we? Some of the goals against us have been unreal and we have lost the scoring touch but I really do not believe that we have given up.

Fair play to Dalek - the same comedy act for years on end - literally years and years - and people still thinks he actually thinks that stuff.

What hilarious routine do you think he's got planned for next summer and next season? Can anyone possibly guess?

Fair play to Dalek - the same comedy act for years on end - literally years and years - and people still thinks he actually thinks that stuff.

What hilarious routine do you think he's got planned for next summer and next season? Can anyone possibly guess?

Fair play to CB Fry - the same superiority complex for years on end - literally years and years - and he actually believes he is intellectually above the rest of us.

What condescending routine do you think he's got planned for next summer and next season? Can anyone possibly guess?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sack of Toads

It's going to be 7th.

We needed Spurs or Liverpool to have a bad patch, but 'currently' they are in much better form and look better sides (take the Spurs v West Han game out. Seriously Liverpool and Spurs have a better team and will end above us.

I think the best hope for top 6 is for Man U to come off the rails, but we still need to hit form again!

Sigh...the statement about doing a Fulham ended with a ? mark. I was not saying that I believed we were were doing a Fulham, but simply opened up the question for people to comment. This could have led to a range of valid and differing opinions, which is always very interesting. I understand you have problems with such a concep CB FRY.