West Brom 1 Saints 0 - Post match thread

Bewildered

WBA wil see it as good result but we are toothless up front. 68% the possession and two out of 12 shot on target says it all for me.

That is not a good advert for the Premier league.

Pulis is a cancer to football - as soon as they scored he just EVERYBODY to sit back and defend. Disgusting. I would be embarrassed if that were Saints who did that.

Only person to come out of that with any credit was Bertrand who must now be thinking what the **** have done by signing permanently.

Edited by Stepgar

Team selection starting to be more inconsistent too which doesn't help.

Pelle gets the stick but Tadic has been poor for longer and Mane/Elia are good but inconsistent.

One thing I am sure of: Long isn't the answer, he has been a poor signing overall.

Lets try and beat Palace then have a decent break, think the squad are going away somewhere so hopefully that will get the life back into some.

Transfer speculation for the likes of Clyne also has an impact. He was very unprofessional to retweet that Chelsea/Utd tweet and maybe has taken some of his focus.

WE ARE ONLY GOING TO FINISH SIXTH. UTTER DISGRACE

(Sorry...copy from the other thread)

This is quite true and agree with the 'veiled' message.... Reality is we've completely f'd a genuine golden chance of champions league football... We really have. We have 4 points from 3 home games and 2 away games against appalling teams...1 goal in the 94th minute... It's not good enough and I don't believe we should be happy finishing 6th when the alternative of 4th or better was genuinely achievable

Season over. Pelle awful. Our big time Charlie's don't care any more. They know they are playing champs league next year anyway. I'd rather not be in the Uefa to be honest will probably result in us going down next year.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you the modern 'supporter '....

poor start but we had loads of the ball.

The myth that we do not create has been highlighted (as if it needed to be)

Bertrand and Morgan were our best players

Tadic was very poor and pelle was horrendous. Won almost nothing up top and barely put their defence under any pressure. Shane long did more in 10 mins than pelle has done for the last few games. that miss was a joke

he needs a break.

what is bizarre is how we miss the goal with all of our chances lately. we just do not work the keeper enough at all. today, the last few weeks most of our shots are high wide and handsome...and then people come on here saying we dont create (which we clearly do)

I do not think Elia is all that really. Mane is dangerous but wasteful.

'Southampton nil' is becoming a very depressingly common sight. It wouldn't be so bad if we were creating decent chances and just getting unlucky, but we're not.

The very worst thing we could have done today was concede an early goal. A pulis team with a lead to protect will inevitably just dig in and defend deep, and as we have seen from the last few games, we just don't have an answer when teams do that. We need a target man who is going to make runs, put himself about and generally make life difficult for the defenders around him. Pelle is the complete opposite of that right now.

Credit where credit is due. WBA took there chance and played very well today

Thats a joke right? They were not good at all. We didnt trouble them at all. did you see any last ditch tackles? or peppering of our goal? Or beating us to every ball? No of course you didnt - Sado's goal was a great strike and you dress it up all you like but the first header to set it up should have been dealt with.

Back to Specsavers my friend

Team selection starting to be more inconsistent too which doesn't help.

Pelle gets the stick but Tadic has been poor for longer and Mane/Elia are good but inconsistent.

One thing I am sure of: Long isn't the answer, he has been a poor signing overall.

Lets try and beat Palace then have a decent break, think the squad are going away somewhere so hopefully that will get the life back into some.

Transfer speculation for the likes of Clyne also has an impact. He was very unprofessional to retweet that Chelsea/Utd tweet and maybe has taken some of his focus.

what did the tweet say?

We look dead of idea's, well and truly dead. Hard to see it changing with this current lot.

Pelle and Tadic are about as useful as a blind gorilla. They are doing my head in. Elia as well, I think bar 2 goals v Newcastle he has been horrific and I would not go near him in terms of a permanent signing.

Other than that, the only positive is that we're still 5th. But it clearly won't be for long if we don't remember how to score. Just dross to watch. Fair enough we keep the ball, but I almost fell asleep. What is the point of keeping the ball if you do **** all with it? It is the same every week, routeen for defenses. I bet teams cant' wait to defend against us as it's so easy. The main worry for me is that it's not we're missing chances, we just don't look likely from anywhere to score at any time. We've got a big task on, otherwise the first half of the season will be seen as nothing other than a fluke result.

Much better second half and good that we changed early to a back 4. Just lacking confidence at the wrong time of the season please stop slagging them off. They all care and are working their socks off. It will turn around when we get a lucky break or something. Davis clearly makes us tick. Missed him early on

Nothing up front at all, apart from Bertrand really. If Shane Long is the answer, then I don't like the question. Long works hard, but is never going to end a goal drought.

WBA did a job on us and , apart from the City and Chelsea away games, everyone is going to play like that against us.

We need something to go in of someone's arse.

Also this summer, the number one priority must be someone who can take free-kicks and corners.

We had a chance to move this football club into places we couldn't even dream of when we were in administration but our failure to add a striker in January is coming back to bite us in the arse.

What's happened to Pelle? Was his early season form just luck? Same applies for Tadic. Both were ****ing woeful today, I'd forgotten Tadic was even on the pitch. Hard to forget that Pelle was on the pitch though, two awful misses from him.

RK has to take a lot of the blame for recent performances......Pelle should have been dropped ages ago, tactics last few games have been wrong and a genuine shot at top 4 appears to have evaporated last 4 games or so.

Fantastic, unexpected season but we seem to be falling apart right at the end. Which, to be fair, while disappointing, should be expected as we just don't have the squad to cope.

Hopefully next season we will regroup and continue our upward progress.

Really don't see Elia being a permanent fixture and hopefully Tadic and Pelle come back stronger after a first season in the Prem. Remember SUarez did not look all that in his first season.

(Sorry...copy from the other thread)

This is quite true and agree with the 'veiled' message.... Reality is we've completely f'd a genuine golden chance of champions league football... We really have. We have 4 points from 3 home games and 2 away games against appalling teams...1 goal in the 94th minute... It's not good enough and I don't believe we should be happy finishing 6th when the alternative of 4th or better was genuinely achievable

Maybe this is our proper level and we've over acheived up to now. Then again we could beat Palace on Tuesday and turn the form around. That's the joy of supporting Saints - if anybody wants an easy ride or guaranteed ECL then they should consider becoming a 'plastic'.

Quality we are absolute world class until we get 25 yards out

No not really, world class teams move the ball in such a way as to get close enough to goal to shoot. Nobody tried to break the line in midfield, nobody capable of beating a player. So easy to play against. We've been worked out good a proper.

Time for Koeman to start earning his crust now, we've looked poor for weeks now, and he persists in playing Pelle up top by himself still. We'll keep coming back to this but the decision not to bring in a striker in January to ease the burden/provide competition is going to cost us the Champions League dream.

Not optimistic about our chances on Tuesday whatsoever.