Keep calm

Roger

Some sense spoken here. TBH I will not be disappointed if we fail to get in the 'poison chalice' of the Europa League.

Far more important to start building for next year, including blooding some of our younger players. Next season could be a hard season and it is essential we don't slump into the relegation zone next year.

We do not have the squad for Europe yet, and need a couple of strikers who can maintain form for more than half a season.

I think there are still some egos that will go - Clyne and Schneiderlin being discussed in the media far too early for the summer.

I am sure we have sufficient expertise in the first team management to sort it all out, and I think Ronald is beginning to realise that the league is relentless.

Players like Harry Reed are what make our club proud.

to be fair, West Brom very hard place to go at the moment, and the writing was on the wall after they scored so early. The time wasting and "bus parking" is not pretty to watch but it will keep them up. What annoys me is how the likes of West Brom etc can manage to hold onto their top players but literally all of ours can't wait to leave for so called bigger clubs

to be fair, West Brom very hard place to go at the moment, and the writing was on the wall after they scored so early. The time wasting and "bus parking" is not pretty to watch but it will keep them up. What annoys me is how the likes of West Brom etc can manage to hold onto their top players but literally all of ours can't wait to leave for so called bigger clubs

Maybe our players are more desirable than those of WBA?

Agree...just appears to be a very disappointing end to a fantastic season.

I really, really hope we just don't buy from the Eridvese though. Pelle and Tadic look a shadow of the players at the start of the season

I don't think it matters where they come from, it is how good they are. Pelle and Tadic have both proved they can do it at this level.

Just don't think we have the depth of squad to really challenge the top teams. Not a criticism, merely my opinion and I'm still really proud of the season we have and hope we can hold it together in the run in. The bigger teams have much bigger squads to rotate and keep fresh, whereas we struggled to fill a bench a few weeks back.

Injuries, suspensions & international competitions left us threadbare and struggling to compete week in, week out. Some players could have done with a rest (or maybe competition for their place). Obviously think we should have bought someone up top in January, but we didn't and we're probably regretting it now.

It's been a great season, obviously piffed off we lost, but I'm still proud of this bunch and particularly the manager.

I don't think it matters where they come from, it is how good they are. Pelle and Tadic have both proved they can do it at this level.

Exactly Pelle's problem is he's knackered and low on confidence but we can't rest him as we have literally no other goal scorers at the club!

Remember back in 2014 when everyone said how brilliant it was that we played a strong team in the cups? We're paying the price now. You either accept it or take the view that you play a weaker team in the cups - that is the reality with our squad. Deal with it.

I think you have to deal with the fact the manager played strong teams in the cups and wanted to win those cups. Hes the boss and he was right. Deal with that.

We played in every single available cup tie (including an FA Cup replay) to the middle of January and still got to third. Our collapse has coincided with not playing anywhere near the maximum amount of games with no FA Cup 4th round replay, no 5th round/replay, no LC Semi or final. Fewer games, worse results. Deal with that.

We had two wonderful weeks off of rest and still got dic ked at home by Liverpool who had played two matches in the intervening time. Deal with that.

As long as Ronald is manager next season well be having a go in the comps we're in, hopefully the Europa League. Boo hoo hoo lots of horrid football matches to play. Deal with that.

I think you have to deal with the fact the manager played strong teams in the cups and wanted to win those cups. Hes the boss and he was right. Deal with that.

We played in every single available cup tie (including an FA Cup replay) to the middle of January and still got to third. Our collapse has coincided with not playing anywhere near the maximum amount of games with no FA Cup 4th round replay, no 5th round/replay, no LC Semi or final. Fewer games, worse results. Deal with that.

We had two wonderful weeks off of rest and still got dic ked at home by Liverpool who had played two matches in the intervening time. Deal with that.

As long as Ronald is manager next season well be having a go in the comps we're in, hopefully the Europa League. Boo hoo hoo lots of horrid football matches to play. Deal with that.

I'm dealing with the inevitable dip in form as players deal with the harsh reality of a long Premier League season - for many of them their first season in this league. I'm fine with chasing cup success - absolutely fine with that. But why are people moaning with the downturn in league form? Players are only human - they only have so much physical capability. I am fine and understand why our season is panning out as it is. But many people are moaning. The only thing I don't understand is our lack of striker cover. It's stupid.

I'm dealing with the inevitable dip in form as players deal with the harsh reality of a long Premier League season - for many of them their first season in this league. I'm fine with chasing cup success - absolutely fine with that. But why are people moaning with the downturn in league form? Players are only human - they only have so much physical capability. I am fine and understand why our season is panning out as it is. But many people are moaning. The only thing I don't understand is our lack of striker cover. It's stupid.

It's the same for every team.

How are Villa doing, for example? There's a long list of strikers who aren't scoring much at the moment.

Absolutely. Are there any other teams who have no single alternative though? Numbers do not equate goals of course, but if you have a striker struggling, out of form, and even worst who's confidence is shot...isn't it a good idea to have an alternative?

EDIT: Didn't we do the same with Tadic? Why couldn't we have taken the same approach with Pelle?

Because West Broms top players are fighting relegation but ours have been in the top 5 of the Premier League since the third game of the season?

These are the same players we had early in season when we played well. In fact we have improved the team. Now trying too hard and thus lost confidence. Give Pelle a rest and play long at CF and bring in Duricvic for Tadic. The fans wil get behind the team and an early goal will make all the difference. We have had a wonderful season to date.

I'm calm, but just gutted at what's happened over the last few games. We were in a great position, we'd taken 7 points from the Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea games. People were starting to believe. I wasn't expecting us to win every game after, but we should have taken at least another 4 points from the last 5. We really should be sitting in third now, as stupid as it sounds, but it clearly wasn't to be.

Next season I'd rather we go on a decent run in the Europa League and finish 12th, than play weakened teams in cups, get knocked out, and come up short in the league once again after a promising start. We're not ready for european football, but who cares? I don't want to look back and remember those great years where we constantly finished best of the rest, yet achieved nothing in cups. Let's go on a run in the Europa, at least we'd have something to remember.

I'm calm, but just gutted at what's happened over the last few games. We were in a great position, we'd taken 7 points from the Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea games. People were starting to believe. I wasn't expecting us to win every game after, but we should have taken at least another 4 points from the last 5. We really should be sitting in third now, as stupid as it sounds, but it clearly wasn't to be.

Next season I'd rather we go on a decent run in the Europa League and finish 12th, than play weakened teams in cups, get knocked out, and come up short in the league once again after a promising start. We're not ready for european football, but who cares? I don't want to look back and remember those great years where we constantly finished best of the rest, yet achieved nothing in cups. Let's go on a run in the Europa, at least we'd have something to remember.

Definitely want Europa adventure! Otherwise this season will be forgotten plus it will be harder to both keep and attract new players.

Exactly Pelle's problem is he's knackered and low on confidence but we can't rest him as we have literally no other goal scorers at the club!

Earlier in the season we were getting plenty of goals from midfield. Pelle is not our only goal scoring option and he is not the only one who isn't producing the goods.

Earlier in the season we were getting plenty of goals from midfield. Pelle is not our only goal scoring option and he is not the only one who isn't producing the goods.

Why though ?

Are the players jaded or are they just not trying as hard now that we are safe ? Are other teams allowing us less space ?

Consider, if we get one good win against Palace, will we go on another good run and all our concerns be seen as over reacting or will we fall back to our goal drought ?

In other words, is it too early to be concerned ? After all we are not in any danger and probably will finish at least 11th.

Why though ?

Are the players jaded or are they just not trying as hard now that we are safe ? Are other teams allowing us less space ?

Consider, if we get one good win against Palace, will we go on another good run and all our concerns be seen as over reacting or will we fall back to our goal drought ?

In other words, is it too early to be concerned ? After all we are not in any danger and probably will finish at least 11th.

The lack of goals is concerning but it is not although we are not making chances. Pelle had two golden opportunities but is clearly low on confidence. Mane and Elia had chances too.

If we were playing badly I would worry but we aren't. United have been very poor for me this season but still seem to win matches. That is football I'm afraid.

The lack of goals is concerning but it is not although we are not making chances. Pelle had two golden opportunities but is clearly low on confidence. Mane and Elia had chances too.

If we were playing badly I would worry but we aren't. United have been very poor for me this season but still seem to win matches. That is football I'm afraid.

In other words, sit tight we are just having a bad spell and one good win should put things right. You could be right, let's hope so.

I really, really hope we just don't buy from the Eridvese though. Pelle and Tadic look a shadow of the players at the start of the season

Would be nice to get hold of Dutchman Bas Dost from the Bundesliga though...

That's a rather sweeping statement. Admitedly, it was a big move for them, but we've had good results along the way, and good performances from them both.

I read recently showed that Pellé had hit the woodwork 6 times this season (the teams tally of such shots was 14 :scared: ). Bad luck or poor shooting?.

OK....they were missed opportunities, but at least they weren't crazy shots ending up in Row Z. but GP must be really down with so long between goals.

I think the high tempo of the Prem. has caught up with them a bit, but they're surely not alone with that...next season they'll know what to expect.

I wouldn't rule out Eridvese players based on the performance of two players, it's also down to mental/physical strength, and GP and DT know more about that now.

We will be fine, teams haven't worked us out, we have gone from being a very defensive side who scrape wins by the odd goal with the odd bit of luck to a team who are losing by the odd goal. It will turn around again at some point.

If we had started the season poorly and will twelve games to go had hit 6th we would all be chuffed, this is a fantastic season.

I do think Pelle should be given a rest, I guess Koeman doesn't fancy Long as a number nine which is a shame really as it makes him fairly pointless. Can understand the club not wanting to shell out on another striker when we have Pelle, Long, Osvaldo, Mayuka, Rodriguez and Gallagher. Obviously we won't be paying full wages for Osvaldo this season but i'm sure the club worry about not being able to offload him next season and don't want to be in a position where we are paying Osvaldo, Pelle and Rodriguez big money + another striker.

We will be fine, teams haven't worked us out, we have gone from being a very defensive side who scrape wins by the odd goal with the odd bit of luck to a team who are losing by the odd goal. It will turn around again at some point.

If we had started the season poorly and will twelve games to go had hit 6th we would all be chuffed, this is a fantastic season.

I do think Pelle should be given a rest, I guess Koeman doesn't fancy Long as a number nine which is a shame really as it makes him fairly pointless. Can understand the club not wanting to shell out on another striker when we have Pelle, Long, Osvaldo, Mayuka, Rodriguez and Gallagher. Obviously we won't be paying full wages for Osvaldo this season but i'm sure the club worry about not being able to offload him next season and don't want to be in a position where we are paying Osvaldo, Pelle and Rodriguez big money + another striker.

I do wonder why we spent 12 million on Long and then decided to convert him into some sort of wide player. He's a centre forward, the best spell of his career at West Brom was when he played as a lone forward, but we haven't really given him a go there. It's unfortunate for Koeman that we have forwards on the books that he hasn't been able to use for one reason or another but it's surely time to start utilising the options that he does have