Koeman for the Toon???

Shanghai Saint

If he aint gonna leave us for Barcelona, he aint gonna leave us for Newcastle.

Neverthells, WTF is our loss of form about and his sudden "Top4 was never realistic" comments.

Everything still OK behind the scenes ???????

Wasn't he only saying the other day that Top 4 was still a definite aim for us this season.

Not so sure, the last 5 or 6 games have shown him to be a bit of a one dimensional thinker.

Think that's a bit harsh, small squad, players injured, suspended or woefully out of form. Sometimes you have to blame the players on the pitch rather than the manager.

Would love the board to give him a 5 year deal and another 5 year plan.

Think that's a bit harsh, small squad, players injured, suspended or woefully out of form. Sometimes you have to blame the players on the pitch rather than the manager.

Would love the board to give him a 5 year deal and another 5 year plan.

Why blame anyone? They are having the season of their life.

I just think RK is being a little more realistic as to our ambitions. Each year we remain in the Premier league is a successful season. I always thought that our plan was to be a self sustaining solid mid table premier team ?

Getting into Europe could actually be a poison chalice as we do not have the squad depth to cope with Europe and the premier league. It is bad enough with the Cup competitions, which we would be better to leave at the first opportunity !

Why blame anyone? They are having the season of their life.

Yes they are. They have set incredibly high standards for themselves. I was posting in the context of Ronald being seemingly blamed for our mini slump because if his 'one-dimensional thinking'.

Edited by Wade Garrett

Read between the lines of the article and Garde's turned them down or wants too much money and McLaren is second choice. That leaves Ronald as third choice....of a club that has no ambition beyond a mid table finish. Why on earth would he go there.

Read between the lines of the article and Garde's turned them down or wants too much money and McLaren is second choice. That leaves Ronald as third choice....of a club that has no ambition beyond a mid table finish. Why on earth would he go there.

isn't that where he is now?

Why would he want to go there...in fact why would many managers want to go there? I do like Newcastle and they're a huge club, but it's just not a job which any good managers would want, because of the whole Ashley and his best mate scout situation. Manager gets no control over anything.

It's well documented that Koeman was a target for them, when they were considering letting Pardew go in the summer, he was on their list. However, they didn't let Pardew go, and then we stepped in. This is just a re-hash from that period.

As other's have said, although Newcastle are traditionally a bigger club than us, right now I'd say we're in a better position to really push on. As we all know, Mike Ashley won't spend money there.

And let's not forget Koeman's comments regarding his contract. I think he's a decent individual and I think he will honor those comments. He is a very honorable person, which is why he's had such a glittering career.

You'd never see this if we'd been winning in recent weeks.

If he aint gonna leave us for Barcelona, he aint gonna leave us for Newcastle.

Neverthells, WTF is our loss of form about and his sudden "Top4 was never realistic" comments.

Everything still OK behind the scenes ???????

I think Ron is just trying to play it down now to take some of the pressure off the players. Let's face it, it could just be coincidence, but our form has dipped just when the fans, media et all started to take our CL challenge more seriously. In the first half of the season there was little expectation. I think Ron's previous comment about CL qualification has backfired and he knows it.

You starting to act a bit obsessed mate, and it's kinds of weird. You can disagree with me all you like, but can you stop stalking me please.

CB Fry is like that. he used to shadow my posts for years. The thing is, he has little credibility so just ignore him.

If there is one thing which we should have all learned by now, never rule anything out. There were loads of "why would Pochettino so go to spurs under that ***** Levy" kind of comments when he was linked throughout the back end of last season.

CB Fry is like that. he used to shadow my posts for years. The thing is, he has little credibility so just ignore him.

Ok, strange when people disagree with what you are saying and then get all abusive (from their keyboard) and its like, why would you be like that?

If there is one thing which we should have all learned by now, never rule anything out. There were loads of "why would Pochettino so go to spurs under that ***** Levy" kind of comments when he was linked throughout the back end of last season.

Agree but Newcastle are more of a shambles than a back four with Fox and Hooiveld in it.

I agree. Whatever happens this season we have been brilliant and very rarely outplayed.

So, if we didn't win another game for the rest of the season, you would still say it's been a great season? Can't agree with that, we have to see this Eason out on consistent form to make a great season, in fact if we were to miss out on Europe or finish 9th, then surely it would be a terrible season.

Agree but Newcastle are more of a shambles than a back four with Fox and Hooiveld in it.

More than anything, I don't see Ashely buying Koeman out.

I thought part of the reason they appointed Carver til the end of the season was that there was no-one available that was out of contract.

What have Ashley's appointments been?

I think Big Sam was already in place when he came in?

Then Keegan, who I think was out of work.

Then Kinnear, out of work.

Hughton, promoted from within.

Shearer, out of work (well, 'cept for punditry).

Hughton.

Pardew, recently sacked by some mugs.

See a pattern here? I may be wrong, spectacularly wrong. But history suggests it would be an extremely out of character appointment from Ashley.

I can say in all honesty you are the only person when I see have posted I don't read. Noodles ain't far behind mind so sweet if you became friends and encourage each other with your witless bed wetting. Mind you aren't even that more just someone trying to be a parody but not very good at it.

Doesn't stop it being true though. I still think Poch has made a mistake and the relationship with Levy will ultimately be his downfall. Only difference now is no one really cares what happens to Poch as we are already better off.

I can say in all honesty you are the only person when I see have posted I don't read. Noodles ain't far behind mind so sweet if you became friends and encourage each other with your witless bed wetting. Mind you aren't even that more just someone trying to be a parody but not very good at it.

Indeed, your statement confirms that you do not often read my posts. That my friend, is your prerogative and fine by me.

There is nothing here to discuss, Koeman is settled he has brought in his own players and he is in the top five this morning... and the sun is shining! What's not to like.

Nobody goes to Newcastle unless they have relatives up there to visit. The time to worry is when he is pencilled in for Barca or Arsenal.