Daily Echo: Saints Goal Drought

trousers

The state of that jumper :lol:

This "campaign" has all the hallmarks of Ian Murray, the editor, who's always had an overinflated opinion of his own sense of humour. I would expect the lads on the sports desk are absolutely fuming, they'll be the ones that have to take the abuse from people and then get no post-match interviews tomorrow night, while Murray sits back and admires his handiwork. :facepalm:

The state of that jumper :lol:

This "campaign" has all the hallmarks of Ian Murray, the editor, who's always had an overinflated opinion of his own sense of humour. I would expect the lads on the sports desk are absolutely fuming, they'll be the ones that have to take the abuse from people and then get no post-match interviews tomorrow night, while Murray sits back and admires his handiwork. :facepalm:

I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there, Steve.

Very funny and a bit of original comedy from those fans on youtube. Will be a poor copy. Bit like the awkward kid trying to copy the witty kid at school. Not keen on the use of the word but this has got Fail written all over it. Just watched the original again funny as fk.

http://youtu.be/HHX8oUWdTGs

whelk and Miltonaggro :lol: :lol:

Everything about the original works so well. The comedy of them running side to side, the style of the arrows, the amount of people doing it.

Everything about the Echo version is dire. And given the fact there so much crap around the arrow, including colours, logos, etc., I doubt you'd even be able to see what it is on camera.

Will be cringeworthy. The foreign club on youtube was mildly amusing, villa did a sh*te version of it a few weeks ago this will be dreadful. All we need now is some dinlows doing that 'let's pretend we've scored a goal' sh*te a few clubs have done and we will look like a bigger bunch of wallies than usual.

Everything about the original works so well. The comedy of them running side to side, the style of the arrows, the amount of people doing it.

It's like the Fast Show Inca buskers mixed with Monty Python. The timing at some points is so perfect that it makes it even funnier when they are thrown out a couple of times by quick balls.

What is the name of the club? Is it a league match?

Villa fans did this two weeks ago and it didn't help them!!

I wish I was able to use rude words on here the T..T W followed by A. Is that acceptable Mods?

They did actually score that game though! Cringeworthy rip off by paddy power for them and the original game was in Germany I think? Hope no one is sad enough to bring that to the ground tomorrow.

Will be cringeworthy. The foreign club on youtube was mildly amusing, villa did a sh*te version of it a few weeks ago this will be dreadful. All we need now is some dinlows doing that 'let's pretend we've scored a goal' sh*te a few clubs have done and we will look like a bigger bunch of wallies than usual.

Than ususal? How's that?

No mate, based on going to games for 30 years :lol:

me too, however i find our fans pretty similar to all fans, good and bad, certainly would not say our fans are any worse, in fact our away support is pretty good compared to others, but obviously your 'coolness' standards are set higher than your average fan

The one at Magdeburg (for it was them) worked so well because it was basically 150 people in a stand that holds 4000 and they could move freely throughout the stand to change their position so they were near the action while continuing to point at the goal.

me too, however i find our fans pretty similar to all fans, good and bad, certainly would not say our fans are any worse, in fact our away support is pretty good compared to others, but obviously your 'coolness' standards are set higher than your average fan

Well said.

U-turn ahoy....

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/11829480.Support_Saints_with_poster_in_today_s_Daily_Echo

It was meant as a bit of fun as part of the Daily Echo’s support for the Saints’ We March On campaign, but it didn’t seem to bring a smile to the faces of too many fans.

When the Daily Echo revealed plans on the website last night to carry a poster in today’s edition of the newspaper showing an arrow for fans behind the away goal at tonight’s match against Crystal Palace to encourage the team to find the target, reaction was more or less: "We are not amused."

The poster then in its original form does not appear, but here it is for anyone to have a laugh or a groan over.

Instead, today’s centre pages carry a We March On poster, continuing support for the campaign that began in the paper over a week ago.

Daily Echo Editor-in-Chief Ian Murray said last night: “It was meant as a bit of light humour for fans at a family club, but we accept the joke wasn’t well received and apologise to those who failed to see the funny side.

“We are certain that the club and players understand the paper is totally behind them.

“We were disappointed that a very few so-called fans did use social media to threaten physical harm to members of the Echo staff and we will be passing on any information to the police to investigate.

"I am certain that the club and all true fans will agree with me that there is no place for violent threats in football, even when the joke falls flat.”