Sexism in football...

Coxford_lou

No it's not fair game. That's outrageous. And even if you're fine with it, you're doing others a disservice by not reporting it.

There were 2 other male directors, a project manager and a female chief exec in the meeting, and none of them did anything.

She is known throughout the business as being an utter b1tch, but no-one will stand up to her. From the businesses I have worked in its the way the high level females work, so i accept it. At the end of the day, she's still going to die a b1tch.

Here's an uncensored version of the video of fans insulting The Chelsea doctor while she's doing her job.

Do you REALLY think this is just 'banter'?

http://thestamfordshed.com/2015/03/06/sexism-in-football-demands-to-be-addressed/

Really? BANTER? Because I'm struggling to find anything very funny in that clip.

Don't think anyone dismissed it as banter. Most people said it was either one or two idiots OR banter. What that ONE bloke says is clearly unacceptable but it isn't the entire stand, it's the action of one mindless idiot.

Here's an uncensored version of the video of fans insulting The Chelsea doctor while she's doing her job.

Do you REALLY think this is just 'banter'?

http://thestamfordshed.com/2015/03/06/sexism-in-football-demands-to-be-addressed/

Really? BANTER? Because I'm struggling to find anything very funny in that clip.

Can anyone translate for me what thick d*ckhead shouting abuse was actually saying? I got the sl*g bit but not the bit before. I'd quite like to see this supposed 'banter' printed here in all its glory.

Don't think anyone dismissed it as banter. Most people said it was either one or two idiots OR banter. What that ONE bloke says is clearly unacceptable but it isn't the entire stand, it's the action of one mindless idiot.

The whole stand is singing "get your t*ts out for the lads" in one clip. And in the other "have you ever had a Gooner up your ar*e". With individuals then shouting out even more offensive crap in an aggressive way. Probably seems hilarious from the comfort of the crowd, but she's walking past, as the only female with a group a male colleagues, in a male dominated profession. I can't understand how you can possibly defend this? Or say it is one or two idiots. How many idiots will it take for you to see a problem. 10? 100? Do you really believe this is an isolated incident?

I was more relaxed about it earlier, but that clip, uncensored, is pretty shocking. You're in cloud cuckoo land if you think that's people being over sensitive.

The whole stand is singing "get your t*ts out for the lads" in one clip. And in the other "have you ever had a Gooner up your ar*e". With individuals then shouting out even more offensive crap in an aggressive way. Probably seems hilarious from the comfort of the crowd, but she's walking past, as the only female with a group a male colleagues, in a male dominated profession. I can't understand how you can possibly defend this? Or say it is one or two idiots. How many idiots will it take for you to see a problem. 10? 100? Do you really believe this is an isolated incident?

I was more relaxed about it earlier, but that clip, uncensored, is pretty shocking. You're in cloud cuckoo land if you think that's people being over sensitive.

As I already explained, I have no problem with the tits chant for the reason already specified. I didn't hear the gooner chant tbf which I agree should not be chanted. Again though it sounded to me like a small number but a chant of that nature should not be sung I agree. I don't think it's a widespread problem though, I haven't seen any evidence that it is other than the tits chant.

She should have turned around and said "No, cos I've heard all Arsenal fans have AIDS."

It's a ****tish thing to say, but would it even register? It's not like any of them know her.

If a random person called you a slag, the same as many people on here call me a ****, would it actually bother you? They don't know you, so surely it's not a big issue. It's not as if your career is impacted by not getting that promotion or anything like that.

I don't know, but I know if someone said something like that to me on the forum i would think they're weird twåts, but it wouldn't actually bother me.

She should have turned around and said "No, cos I've heard all Arsenal fans have AIDS."

It's a ****tish thing to say, but would it even register? It's not like any of them know her.

If a random person called you a slag, the same as many people on here call me a ****, would it actually bother you? They don't know you, so surely it's not a big issue. It's not as if your career is impacted by not getting that promotion or anything like that.

I don't know, but I know if someone said something like that to me on the forum i would think they're weird twåts, but it wouldn't actually bother me.

Jeff, that's because you don't have to put up with crap like this on a regular basis. Most women do. And it often gets nasty or intimidating.

I'm exasperated at the ease at which both you and Hypo seem to be able to brush this under the carpet with little empathy, or at least interest to understand more, from the opposite perspective. Which suggests it's probably time for me to leave this debate alone, because I don't want to be annoyed with either of you.

Jeff, that's because you don't have to put up with crap like this on a regular basis. Most women do. And it often gets nasty or intimidating.

I'm exasperated at the ease at which both you and Hypo seem to be able to brush this under the carpet with little empathy, or at least interest to understand more, from the opposite perspective. Which suggests it's probably time for me to leave this debate alone, because I don't want to be annoyed with either of you.

You don't think I get abuse on here regularly? You think Alpine doesn't get called 'fat' five times daily? I think this may be due to where you live, because the women I have talked to, and thats 4 at the moment, haven't ever been abused to anywhere the levels you have.

I am interested to know why you find it so offensive when someone doesn't know you and shouts something from distance at you.

To be honest I'm pretty exasperated by your fervent desire to make out that this problem is something bigger than a few idiots in a football crowd.

I stepped away from this thread as whilst I think the FA are being a bunch of divs (as usual), you seem a bit too angry about it, so thought it best not to bother replying.

I can not believe (or perhaps I should expect it by now) the open misogyny in this thread. It's clear sexism is everywhere, and that a lot of people just don't get it. Why the hell should women have to go day to day being treatment like an object and subject to different standards? It shouldn't be acceptable or the norm.

I stepped away from this thread as whilst I think the FA are being a bunch of divs (as usual), you seem a bit too angry about it, so thought it best not to bother replying.

Hi Patrick,

I'm not angry. I was just shocked by the uncensored clip, and exasperated by the response to it (or lack of) on here. But smart girl that I am, I've realised that my take on this is a million miles off some of the other posters on here, so there's no value in extending the debate. I'm glad I raised it, but I can see it's not going to go anywhere. So I'm leaving it at that.

Thanks.

I can not believe (or perhaps I should expect it by now) the open misogyny in this thread. It's clear sexism is everywhere, and that a lot of people just don't get it. Why the hell should women have to go day to day being treatment like an object and subject to different standards? It shouldn't be acceptable or the norm.

Exactly :)

The problem from my point of view is the fact that this abuse is seen as worse than all the other abuse that goes on at football. Why differentiate, and why not say it's the same for all abuse? Why is the abuse above, worse than a lot of the abuse people have and give on here?

And how do we differentiate between abuse and a bit of banter from the crowd? Should we be singing songs such as "this towns a sh*thole" for example or about shooting pompey scum for fear of offending them? To my mind, singing about kicking a pompey fans head in is infinitely worse than singing get your tits out.

The problem from my point of view is the fact that this abuse is seen as worse than all the other abuse that goes on at football. Why differentiate, and why not say it's the same for all abuse? Why is the abuse above, worse than a lot of the abuse people have and give on here?

Stop standing by and excusing this kind of abuse. There's no need for a scale or a comparison here, this kind of stuff is **** and what you are saying is a recipe for inaction which isn't productive. We should conemn, and work to eradicate.

Andy, don't go all sensible on me now (you too BTF). I'm relying on this thread to cure me of my addiction to Saintsweb! It's starting to work!!! ;)

Stop standing by and excusing this kind of abuse. There's no need for a scale or a comparison here, this kind of stuff is **** and what you are saying is a recipe for inaction which isn't productive. We should conemn, and work to eradicate.

Pretty sure everyone has said the personal stuff from that one bloke was unacceptable.

Personally I think they should encourage more women to join the army. Surely it'd be an advantage to have soldiers who can bleed for a week and not die.

LOL. I'm sure it's not the intended effect, but I'm actually starting to quite like Turkish!

Surely you should feel demeaned and insulted by the blatant Sexism on display?

Imagine if the world was run by women. There would be no wars fuelled by male testosterone, but the world would be full of jealous countries who don't talk to each other.

I have done, it's not on, but all abuse is not on, and i would say their is more fatist abuse, and certainly more ref, player and fan abuse than sexist, so let's deal with that first shall we? If we did it would surely take out the sexist abuse at the same time?

What I find funny, is that people are isolating sexist abuse here, not wanting to talk about all the other types of abuse that happens at football, saying it's incomparable.

That, my friends, is discrimination.

But you said earlier that saying "nice tits" is sexist. If you have nice tits, surely that's true?

It's a weird one and it works both ways, but you never hear of the other way round. I was stood talking to a colleague a few years ago and I hear "bloody hell you've got an amazing ar*e". No word of a lie, I was a bit shocked when I spun round and saw one of my female co-workers.

I mean, she was lovely and I would have at the time, but ... had I said that to her, or commented on her boobs, what's the betting some busy-body listening in would have reported me to HR?

It's a weird one and it works both ways, but you never hear of the other way round. I was stood talking to a colleague a few years ago and I hear "bloody hell you've got an amazing ar*e". No word of a lie, I was a bit shocked when I spun round and saw one of my female co-workers.

I mean, she was lovely and I would have at the time, but ... had I said that to her, or commented on her boobs, what's the betting some busy-body listening in would have reported me to HR?

How did the colleague you were speaking to respond to the complement she gave him?

That's an utter disgrace. I'll be offended on your behalf. Sexism is just everywhere these days.

Coxford_lou, you're really growing on me more, I think you'd make a perfect Saints Forum troll, you have definite potential! ;)

I've certainly got good thread response rates! With a bit more training I'm sure I could turn nasty too! Does that mean I can join the Birmingham Bully Boy Club?!

Actually, er, no thanks. ;)

I don't think any male would have a problem with this and I think this is why for alot of men it is difficult to empathise. I think what was said was inherently wrong, and shouldn't be said (mainly cos I don't think kids should hear that kind of language, and i wouldn't want to either), BUT I am not sure why someone would take offence at that.