Toby

washsaint

think it's 2 million euros actually, the deal was all in euros and as the pound is much stronger that it was last year (or the € weaker) the amounts change. The deal was something like 8 m€ for the player (which is only about 5.7 million £ now and the famous buy out of the agreement clause at 2 million €. It was in AS or Marca at the time.

Jeremy Wilson is usually pretty spot on with his Saints stuff, still open to interpretation though. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/southampton/11654661/Chelsea-and-Spurs-forced-to-pay-14m-to-hijack-Toby-Alderweirelds-Southampton-move.html.

There's too many articles now linking him to spurs and saying it's virtually a done deal with some stating that its tobys prefered move, think there's little chance he will remain at saints

There's too many articles now linking him to spurs and saying it's virtually a done deal with some stating that its tobys prefered move, think there's little chance he will remain at saints

Think that's called the snowball effect more than any statement of fact...........at least I hope so :(

Remember that Morgan was so certain to be going to Arsenal that Sky Bet suspended bets on it a couple of days ago.

So don't believe all you read in the press.

Especially when all they do is copy and paste each other's articles.

Remember that Morgan was so certain to be going to Arsenal that Sky Bet suspended bets on it a couple of days ago.

So don't believe all you read in the press.

Especially when all they do is copy and paste each other's articles.

that is true I'm sure the club are offering the most they can afford to pay to him and its up to him at the end of the day he may decide its better to be at a smaller closer knit club then a so called "big club" but usually they end up at wherever pays the most wages

Spanish paper AS saying Spurs are in advanced talks to sign him after he decided he didnt want to stay at AM.

Pretty ominous the number of different sources that say he is to join Spurs.

Would be a massive blow, not least because he would improve them significantly, and they don't seem set to lose any of their best players.

Spanish paper AS saying Spurs are in advanced talks to sign him after he decided he didnt want to stay at AM.

Would be a massive blow, not least because he would improve them significantly, and they don't seem set to lose any of their best players.

But a massive blow that we have no doubt foreseen, it's not something that has suddenly occured in the last few days. He's been saying it's up to AM since the turn of the year or so and the chances of us being the highest bidder were always...well slight.

If true I find it very odd that we have not matched Spurs' bid for Toby, especially given the player seems happy to join us. Surely this deal should be our priority?

If true I find it very odd that we have not matched Spurs' bid for Toby, especially given the player seems happy to join us. Surely this deal should be our priority?

But maybe we don't have the cash. Maybe we need the influx from the Clyne/Morgan deals first, before we commit to this deal - which will surely be one of the biggest financially we've ever undertaken.

In my opinion, this will continue to run.

Depends how much is involved really. Players aren't to be taken too seriously when they evoke their future in the popular dailys.

Depends how much is involved really. Players aren't to be taken too seriously when they evoke their future in the popular dailys.

Yeah, I'm sure he would be open to joining Spurs and the fact a few Intl teammates/friends play there, that it is in London and that Spurs always finish above us and also like us have a good Manager will only help.

The days of any of that being relevant are gone.

If he has decided he wants to go to Spurs then AM and Spurs will negotiate a fee. It's relationship with any theoretical fee Saints might pay instead is of no consequence in that situation.

Let's just hope Toby wants to stay with us, the rest will work itself out.

Exactly this, the 2 million and affording him isn't a problem to Saints. It's whether he wants to come here ahead of Spurs.

Windows . I pressed the send to quickly I meant mention the same goes for Spurs as well . Liver slime and spuds seem to have an arrogance they can buy whoever they want . Pooch was luck with his team last season , the few times I saw spuds on TV I found them boring . Ok Kane had a purple patch but if it wasn't for him they would have been mid table

Do people think les read and the rest are a load of bumbling half bakes . " Why cant we bid the same as spurs" ect,ect. I've no doubt we've been in Toby's ear all season, explored the possibility of making the loan permanent in Jan ,and have tried to get the deal done early doors this summer. However, the cards are all in AM's favour and there's such a thing as flogging a dead horse.

Once he played well last season we were always going to struggle to get him back. Its pretty obvious that the 6 clubs that finished above us pay more money than us in wages. Why on earth would he turn down spurs and more money to play for us? If spurs want him they'll get him.

I'm going to take the approach I did when a chick dumped me, and tell my spurs supporting work colleagues that I'm glad he didn't sign for us and was over rated anyway.

Windows . I pressed the send to quickly I meant mention the same goes for Spurs as well . Liver slime and spuds seem to have an arrogance they can buy whoever they want .

In what way is it arrogance to identify a player they want to sign and bid for him.They can bid for whoever they want.

What do you want them to do, run any potential signings by you?

But maybe we don't have the cash. Maybe we need the influx from the Clyne/Morgan deals first, before we commit to this deal - which will surely be one of the biggest financially we've ever undertaken.

In my opinion, this will continue to run.

Yeah this is a good point and is most probably the case.

One key thing for the Toby deal is surely going to include where else we need to spend the money. Once Clyne and schneiderlin have gone then a part of that will be available but probably not all, and where the club feel we need to strengthen as a priority may not include spending a wedge on Toby. I hope that isn't the case but who knows who will come in to replace Morgan and if there is another position the club feel we need more strength that could use the cash from those transactions.

One key thing for the Toby deal is surely going to include where else we need to spend the money. Once Clyne and schneiderlin have gone then a part of that will be available but probably not all, and where the club feel we need to strengthen as a priority may not include spending a wedge on Toby. I hope that isn't the case but who knows who will come in to replace Morgan and if there is another position the club feel we need more strength that could use the cash from those transactions.

We pulled in 82 million in income last year from TV rights alone. Then add in ticket sales & merchandising

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2015-16/jun/020615-premier-league-payments-to-clubs-in-season-2014-15.html

That does not include the nett income from Player Sales

Our wage bill in 2014 was 41 mil, again, I don't think anyone has seen any evidence of us doubling our salaries last year

So unless KL is taking cash out as debt reduction, 18 million is actually only a lot of money to us in fan land these days.

This coming season our TV revenues will increase further. Transfer payments are spread over a period anyway, most usually 3 years.

We have the cash available unless someone has a crazy conspiracy theory

We are not being linked with many CB's which is puzzling considering the amount of midfielders linked?

Maybe it is a wrap and we are happy he will choose us on his return.

We're probably waiting on the Toby issue to be resolved before starting that search. If he does go elsewhere, then no doubt the Van Dyke and Vlaar rumours will all start up again.

I must say I was amazed how slow Vlaar was at St Marys. However Villa's tactics were way off the mark on the day, with so much space between the lines which didn't help him having to cover both the space behind the midfield and the vast space behind the high defensive line.

Now do you think he means Belgium, Madrid or the South Coast?

Well logically Madrid, that's where he's employed at this moment in time. When they report back I guess he'll have to be there unless he's sold in the meantime. If not he's in breach of contract...

Now do you think he means Belgium, Madrid or the South Coast?

Let's hope he doesn't mean North London... ;)