The Streaming Thread

johnnyboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
can someone tell me how to get sportsmania on Kodi bearing in mind I have a mac

cheers

Richard you can do it one of 2 ways 1. Straight from the website in safari at http://www.Sportsmania.eu or you can pay £10.00 for IPAWIND and put kodi on your Mac. Personally I would use the website in your position. You will have to sign up and get a subscription. 6 months is the most popular option for about £26.00.

I have found the first two weeks of the season, there were major issues. But since I have many weeks of no problems, and I use Kodi

Did find PLP is good quality but gerky. over seas channels, are less quality. But when we are on Sky i can't complain about the picture.... The quality depends on what channels we are on.. not all the same

I have 6 months subscription, and will be renewing in the future.

Richard you can do it one of 2 ways 1. Straight from the website in safari at http://www.Sportsmania.eu or you can pay £10.00 for IPAWIND and put kodi on your Mac. Personally I would use the website in your position. You will have to sign up and get a subscription. 6 months is the most popular option for about £26.00.

Richard it depends what your "Mac" is. If you are talking about an iPad you can "jailbreak" it, or as suggested by a subscription to IPAWIND. If however your Mac is an iMac or Macbook, you can download Kodi directly from their website and install it.

thanks for the responses Zurich Boy and Mcjwills

Its an Imac I have - managed to get kodi but now not sure where to find sportsmania on the kodi app

Richard, have a look at this .....If You Are Using Kodi/XBMC Please Follow This Video To Install Our Kodi Addon:

Once you have Kodi installed you have to install the SportsMania addon and this video shows you how. Another good info page is the following https://www.facebook.com/groups/103653266637339 there are some great tips here for keeping your system "clean" and clutter free. This seems to be more important when running the setup on a media type box rather than your iMac. Both SportsMania and Kodi addons and tips run through Facebook and although I'm not a big lover of FB, you'll find all the info you need there. The SportsMania guys are really very helpful and there is a lot of good advice there.

If you want to do this seriously, take a day's pass from SM and see how it runs on your system before signing up for a longer period. It seems that what works for some people does not work for others, even with similar setups. It can be frustrating at times but when it is working for you the streaming quality is excellent and the price is great!

This is also useful info http://bestforkodi.com/buffering-in-kodi/

Have fun and post again if you need any other information.

Surprised to see negative comments about Sportsmania! Poor internet connections?

I have been using it for 4 months now and I think it is superb. Always a picture perfect stream of whichever game/boxing match I want to watch and zero lagging in SD. Some occasional lagging in HD.

What I will say though, is that I don't use it through Kodi as I find that unreliable. Just simply in google chrome.

I watch through the laptop and HDMI, but for the last few weeks I get lots of freezes and delays with sportsmania (same problem with either of my laptops), making it almost unwatchable. I don't have speed problems streaming from any other site and it never happened until recently. Doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else here, anyone know why it could be?

I watch through the laptop and HDMI, but for the last few weeks I get lots of freezes and delays with sportsmania (same problem with either of my laptops), making it almost unwatchable. I don't have speed problems streaming from any other site and it never happened until recently. Doesn't seem to be a problem for anyone else here, anyone know why it could be?

It was perfect this week (and I have had slowdowns before.) have you tried it via ethernet to see if the problem still occurs?

If you are watching via kodi. Download mucky ducks maintenance tools. Google how to do it. Once loaded delete cache and delete packages. Reboot your machine and you should be ok. Also would recommend looking at rebooting your router. If you are using auto wifi channel download a program to interrogate your wifi to find out the best channel to use and change to that as your neighbours wifi maybe interfering. The best option is to use an Ethernet cable.

This may or may not help people using raspberry pi 2. I leave my Pi on all the time but when I want to watch sports mania I pull the power lead out and do a quick reboot. Reboots take seconds on a pi.

After that I get great streaming and almost 100% reliability. I don't have to reboot the pi for anything else, like genesis etc. I've just got into the habit of rebooting it for the sports.

This may or may not help people using raspberry pi 2. I leave my Pi on all the time but when I want to watch sports mania I pull the power lead out and do a quick reboot. Reboots take seconds on a pi.

After that I get great streaming and almost 100% reliability. I don't have to reboot the pi for anything else, like genesis etc. I've just got into the habit of rebooting it for the sports.

Jason why pull the power lead when there is function on the power button in kodi main screen to soft reboot the machine.