Saints vs Burnley - Build Up

Lighthouse

I'd stick with Long and Mane - they showed enough to convince me they'll be more than a handful for any team, not just teams that play on the front foot with a high line. Pelle is snatching at chances and is one dimensional.

If you were a Burnley defender, who would you rather play against?

I don't mind Burnley, as it goes.

It'll be a tricky fixture. They'll be fighting for their lives. Hopefully, they won't come here to park the bus. I think quality is going to be the only difference. Can't fault Burnley for heart.

I'm going with the same attitude I had at the last game though. I'll be happy enough to see Saints score. One swallow doesn't make a summer, and we failed to score from open play against Chelsea.

Though it sounds crazy as they last beat City, but I'm quite happy to be playing Burnley after they've just won. Their confidence will be high but if anything it means they probably won't park the bus and will fancy their chances of beating us, which means we'll get chances.

While I think we'll start the same team as at Chelsea, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pelle back in. Still I hope for a Saints win and to keep pace with those above us.

Though it sounds crazy as they last beat City, but I'm quite happy to be playing Burnley after they've just won. Their confidence will be high but if anything it means they probably won't park the bus and will fancy their chances of beating us, which means we'll get chances.

While I think we'll start the same team as at Chelsea, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pelle back in. Still I hope for a Saints win and to keep pace with those above us.

Me too! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :thumbup:

can i just get this in early i really hate george boyd and its mainly to do with his hair and that stupid hairband he uses.

Don't know why but he just looks like he's got the wrong type of hair to pull off long hair, he reminds me of someone who has had a hair transplant so he can have long hair and sewed it into his scalp.

Also he is a diving git who fakes injury to waste time.

People seem to forget we have 3 other CBs who are all current internationals ffs.

Throw in Bertrand, Clyne, Big Vic, Morgan and Forster. Does that make the current Saints team the best ever, defensively?

I reckon so, even if we may have had better players in certain positions (Shilton, Svensson, etc.)

Ditto

Toby is doing well here now he's settled, but let's not forget he couldn't get in the AM team last season.

that's why he came here.

He couldn't get into the first XI of the Spanish champions & CL finalists? Definite proof that Fonte is as good, if not better...

We didn't park the bus at Chelsea, Man C, or Man U, so I doubt we'll do it at Southampton. Admittedly we only got 2 points from the 3 games, so you've got a chance.

Same team as last week v. Man City. At least, we've only made 3 team changes since November, so I'm not expecting any changes from the win v Man City. 4-4-2, guaranteed, though one of our wingers (Barnes) is really a centre forward, which introduces some flexibility.

We didn't park the bus at Chelsea, Man C, or Man U, so I doubt we'll do it at Southampton. Admittedly we only got 2 points from the 3 games, so you've got a chance.

Same team as last week v. Man City. At least, we've only made 3 team changes since November, so I'm not expecting any changes from the win v Man City. 4-4-2, guaranteed, though one of our wingers (Barnes) is really a centre forward, which introduces some flexibility.

Good-oh, I wasn't sure I was going to bother using my season ticket, but now I know that... :D

Incidentally, we beat the team a place above you in the table by 8 goals, and have beaten every other side in the bottom 7 at home so far this season. But then we were utter gash at Turf Moor, and we've been a bit quiet on the goals front recently, so maybe this will be the end of our CL hopes. Though we did also put in our best performance for nearly 3 months last week.

4 points from Chelsea and City is pretty impressive. Hopefully that'll encourage your lot to really go for it, and not park the bus. :thumbup:

Edited by Dark Munster

Ditto

Toby is doing well here now he's settled, but let's not forget he couldn't get in the AM team last season.

that's why he came here.

Is not AM's central defence entirely peopled by Argentines,Brazilians and Uruguayans? Managers tend to have binkies you know, often from their own regions of the globe. Toby is a good player, might not have totally fitted into Simeone's schemas though.

Is not AM's central defence entirely peopled by Argentines,Brazilians and Uruguayans? Managers tend to have binkies you know, often from their own regions of the globe. Toby is a good player, might not have totally fitted into Simeone's schemas though.

Hang on if I remember le tissier didn't get in the england team very often so that must mean he wasn't good too. Don't make me laugh Toby with mark wright is the best centre back we've had.

Turks wouldn't have wanted any zany nonsense like that. Please don't besmirch his memory.

Half time fat santa race, in memoriam Turkish. Half price snacks at concessionary stands. Turkish branded giant foam hands. Possibilities is endless!

It's been great having Burnley in the Prem. Great club with a fantastic pedigree. I like your manager and proper passionate fans. Wish you luck in the relegation fight and I think you could get three point off us today, but ultimately I think it will be 1-1.