Saints agree personal terms with Tonny Vilhena - Unofficial

Saint-Armstrong

Supposedly.

They say Vilhena flew to Southampton on March the 3rd.

I was at Koeman's pre-QPR presser in February, and I am not at all surprised about this, after what was said (by Ronald) when the cameras were turned off.

(I guess not many people are TOO surprised, but yeah)

https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.feyenoordpings.nl%2Fnieuws%2F15892%2F-vilhena-reisde-af-naar-engeland-en-bereikt-persoonlijk-akkoord-.html&edit-text=&act=url

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

Any idea what he is like? I trust Koeman to get the right people in after last summer.

Calling Jakko (above) back to this thread - has seen him play. My recollection is based on previous lengthy thread below. RK seems to like him as he is left footed. Was seen as maybe a stop gap in January. And he is not able to make the starting 11 for Feyenoord

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/showthread.php?53253-Tonny-Vilhena&highlight=Vilhena#.VRH6fobfWrU

Any idea what he is like? I trust Koeman to get the right people in after last summer.

Pelle - sh*t

Tadic - meh

Long - kinda sh*t

Elia - meh

Djuricic - sh*t

Gardos -sh*t

Forster - sh*t

Bertrand - Very good

Toby - Excellent

Mane - GOAT

Thats a 3 out of 10 success rate, he's been a bit w@nk in the transfer market so far.

Pelle - sh*t

Tadic - meh

Long - kinda sh*t

Elia - meh

Djuricic - sh*t

Gardos -sh*t

Forster - sh*t

Bertrand - Very good

Toby - Excellent

Mane - GOAT

Thats a 3 out of 10 success rate, he's been a bit w@nk in the transfer market so far.

We'll be lucky to escape relegation with that lot!

We'll be lucky to escape relegation with that lot!

Mane, Toby and Bert are the only 3 good enough for our first 11, I kinda like Tadic tbh but his forms been hideous for months. Pelle clearly isn't good enough for us, forster luckily rarely touches the ball and the others are just squad cover.

Pelle - sh*t

Tadic - meh

Long - kinda sh*t

Elia - meh

Djuricic - sh*t

Gardos -sh*t

Forster - sh*t

Bertrand - Very good

Toby - Excellent

Mane - GOAT

Does Saints being likely to finish in their highest ever Premier League finish not make you think you might be wrong in some of those evaluations...?

Does Saints being likely to finish in their highest ever Premier League finish not make you think you might be wrong in some of those evaluations...?

Not at all, which of them apart from the bottom three have been vital to our success? Only two of the others would even make our first 11 and would be by far the weakest players in it.

Not at all, which of them apart from the bottom three have been vital to our success? Only two of the others would even make our first 11 and would be by far the weakest players in it.

Seeing as Pelle is our top goal scorer, Tadic is our highest assister, and Forster has 14 clean sheets to his name.......I'd say they've been pretty pivotal to where we are.

Stop wumming.

I can't start quoting exactly what Koeman said, off-camera, for a couple of reasons. One, it's being kept under wraps by some of the local media.

Two, I don't think it'd go down very well if I outright said what he actually did say to us. But, Vilhena will be a Saints player next season.

He wants the deal. Koeman wants the deal. Price should be good, with just one year left. When he's our player, I'll say.

Now whether people want to make snide remarks or not is up to them - I'm just passing on what I heard, first person, from Koeman at Staplewood.

Take it or leave it.

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

I can't start quoting exactly what Koeman said, off-camera, for a couple of reasons. One, it's being kept under wraps by some of the local media.

Two, I don't think it'd go down very well if I outright said what he actually did say to us. But, Vilhena will be a Saints player next season.

He wants the deal. Koeman wants the deal. Price should be good, with just one year left. When he's our player, I'll say.

Now whether people want to make snide remarks or not is up to them - I'm just passing on what I heard, first person, from Koeman at Staplewood.

Take it or leave it.

I have a crazy idea. Let's all wait and see what happens and then use that to judge your itk credibility in the future.

He probably will be, soon enough.

I would've thought it's fairly obvious why I can't disclose what Koeman said, off-the-record, about someone else's player.

When he's our player, I'll explain. By all means keep having digs if you want.

When you're a bit older you'll look back at all the attention you're trying to get on a football forum and feel a bit embarrassed by it.

Pelle - sh*t

Tadic - meh

Long - kinda sh*t

Elia - meh

Djuricic - sh*t

Gardos -sh*t

Forster - sh*t

Bertrand - Very good

Toby - Excellent

Mane - GOAT

This is the worst, most ill informed and knee-jerk post I've seen on saintsweb since I joined

the only redeeming thing about it is the brilliant application of the word "goat"

as memory serves....Saint Armstrong has come up with some accurate info. before.

I wish some others who come up with more outrageous posts were a bit closet to the truth....

"forgotten" by me quote.. (maybe Mark Twain? )... " a rumour can travel halfway around the World....whilst Truth ...is still putting on its shoes..." :lol:

Pelle - sh*t

Tadic - meh

Long - kinda sh*t

Elia - meh

Djuricic - sh*t

Gardos -sh*t

Forster - sh*t

Bertrand - Very good

Toby - Excellent

Mane - GOAT

If Carlsberg did sh*t footballers......

I follow Saint Armstrong on Twitter because he is very productive at providing news for those of us overseas.

Less keen am I though on the rival Southend content. Would be good to split out the two I propose.

As a non native and with the two names similar, it can be confusing.

Yuki.

Pelle - sh*t

Tadic - meh

Long - kinda sh*t

Elia - meh

Djuricic - sh*t

Gardos -sh*t

Forster - sh*t

Bertrand - Very good

Toby - Excellent

Mane - GOAT

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Unlike a lot of helmets who earlier believed we had stumbled on some magic alchemy to reduce the risk of new signings/loanees, our record has been pretty hit and miss.

The implicit conclusion that our success owes more to the performances of old timers -Morgan, Fonte, Clyne, Victor, Davis- is correct. The view that we'll just go out and seemlessly replace the likes of Morgan and Clyne doesn't tally with experience.

Edited by shurlock

The truth is somewhere in the middle. Unlike a lot of helmets who earlier believed we had stumbled on some magic alchemy to reduce the risk of new signings/loanees, our record has been pretty hit and miss

The implicit conclusion that our success owes more to the performances of old timers -Morgan, Fonte, Clyne, Victor, Davis- is correct. The complacent view that we'll just go out and seemlessly replace the likes of Morgan and Clyne doesn't tally with experience.

You can't have a season like ours, using so many new players and doing so well, without our recruitment overall being a success.

You can't have a season like ours, using so many new players and doing so well, without our recruitment overall being a success.

Never said its been a failure. But I don't think it's been a massive success either. Probably give it a 7/10 tops. There are still gaps in the side -precisely where we've been busiest in the market. Ultimately, I don't think we've done enough to be so calm about our ability to replace looming departures in the summer. Let alone repeat it every summer.

Edited by shurlock

I think Vilhena is the Cork replacement.

Pretty sure that was the idea in January. Which tallies with him not being in the Feyenoord starting line up according to others, so he may be a squad player only, but will still have to be pretty useful to replace Cork (and be ahead of Reed)

Take it or leave it.

Can't tell us what he said but confirming that Koeman has told you he's signing for us next year.....

as memory serves....Saint Armstrong has come up with some accurate info. before.

I wish some others who come up with more outrageous posts were a bit closet to the truth....

"forgotten" by me quote.. (maybe Mark Twain? )... " a rumour can travel halfway around the World....whilst Truth ...is still putting on its shoes..." :lol:

'A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on.'

Winston Churchill

Isn't Vilhena more of an attacking player, more likely to play where Steven Davis does? Pretty sure he wouldn't be our Schneiderlin replacement, would he? Pretty underwhelming if true.

Think he can do a bit of both. Tell you what though, if we lose Morgan in the summer and we bring in Clasie & Vilhena, we will have the worlds shortest central midfield, along with Harrison Reed :)

Isn't Vilhena more of an attacking player, more likely to play where Steven Davis does? Pretty sure he wouldn't be our Schneiderlin replacement, would he? Pretty underwhelming if true.

He is indeed more of a Davis player, I think we will get Classie for Morgan (Classie also does quite a few assists).

He started 29 games in the last season with Koeman, scored 6 goals and assisted in 7 goals, that is good enough for me.

He is indeed more of a Davis player, I think we will get Classie for Morgan (Classie also does quite a few assists).

He started 29 games in the last season with Koeman, scored 6 goals and assisted in 7 goals.

So we're going to be Feyenoord in disguise is that it, we'll see how that pans out for us, could be worse I suppose.

The good news for me here is not the specifics of this deal, but more that the scope of our summer replacement exercise known by the club already and plans are pobably largely in place. Hopefully means a worry-free (or at least not much worry) summer.

Don't worry Alps I'm sure that when Morgan and Clyne leave there will be plenty for you to worry about.