Tonight's Traffic Chaos

The Cat

Friend was stuck on the m27 most of the day.

The number of accidents on that stretch is ridiculous.

I used to use that stretch to go to work and, at this time of the year, the sun caused all sorts of problems (both going eastwards to work and westwards coming home) Don't know if the glare was bad this morning when this happened.

Dreadful :(

I used to use that stretch to go to work and, at this time of the year, the sun caused all sorts of problems (both going eastwards to work and westwards coming home) Don't know if the glare was bad this morning when this happened.

I got caught up in this nightmare this morning. Tried to get to hedge end and swanwick for a couple of jobs, gave up after a solid hour of gridlock in every direction.

When I went to collect my mrs from work this evening from the south hants, it was still bad. And yes, the glare was dreadful, I'm sure it must have an effect on accident levels. I was driving blind at times.

Exactly this! I did that stretch from 1993-1995 when I had to go down to the office in Cosham daily, the sun was horrendous both ways, made even worse by the rain. Hideous bit of motorway.

[h=3]BlueTorWell-Known Member[/h]Messages:6,465

Whilst my thoughts are with the person who died in the M27 accident yesterday and their family I can't help but be angered by the management of the resulting traffic chaos that occured after the event. I left work in Eastleigh at 5pm yesterday, it took me an hour to get to Botley to collect my wages and then a further 5 hours to get to Sainsbury's at Hedge End and then onto my home a mile away from there, resulting in me stepping through my front door at 11pm ! I had no choice but to get to Botley as I needed my money to get petrol as I was already playing petrol roulette with my car.

People really do need to be a tad more considerate whilst driving and not drive bumper to bumper in gridlocked traffic and certainly not block junctions on roundabouts, plenty of coffee and sugar is in order today !!

There was no traffic management or police in sight, the A27 is always snarled up eastbound at Swanwick and if those lights were managed during a diversion I think the flow would improve. Impossible for us to carry out our work and let a few people down but as someone has already said, one person did not get home and their family life has changed forever. RIP

The police did manage the A27 at the Navigator later on, not sure what time they started but they were definitely there.

Can't understand why more people didn't just park up and get a train or walk home. Obviously this isn't achievable for everyone but a good few people I've spoken to today said they wished they had done that.

The police did manage the A27 at the Navigator later on, not sure what time they started but they were definitely there.

Can't understand why more people didn't just park up and get a train or walk home. Obviously this isn't achievable for everyone but a good few people I've spoken to today said they wished they had done that.

That's what I did, thought it was unreasonably busy going onto the northam from town, realised I had 20 minutes till the next train and got on that. saved loads of time