International Week Ends

70's Mike

Couldn't see a thread about our players on international duty so thought this one would do.

Sounds like Targett has dropped out of the England U-21's injured and sounds like Steve Davis got injured today as he was taken off at half time, seems unlikely you'd take your captain off at half time.

Watched the first 30 minutes of the France vs Brazil game the other day and Morgan looked solid, watching France vs Denmark now and he hasn't been tested once yet, don't see him having much to do tonight but is another cap for him so I'm pleased for him.

Fonté already on for Portugal in the game with 3 of our players involved...

As a Northern Ireland fan i still love them. Kyle Lafferty Legend!

Flew back to Heathrow this morning. What a cracking result. Another six points should be enough to clinch at least second place. Bring on Romania!

Don't really see much future for international football. Not enough money in it, nationalities will blur more and more, which is good globally but bad for national sport! I'd take a Saints FA Cup win over England winning something, club means far more. Guess anything you share with fewer people is better.

eg crack whores.

If only we could play Germany under 21s every week.

Yeah, because the back line that JWP scored against is sh*t isn't it?

ter Stegen, Goalie - plays for Barca (and has played in the first team this season) and has played for the full Germany team

Korb - plays for Mönchengladbach in the Bundesliga (with first team appearances this season)

Ginter - plays for Dortmund in the Bundesliga (with first team appearances this season) and has played for the full Germany team

Knoche - plays for Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga (with first team appearances this season)

Günter - plays for Galatasaray (with first team appearances this season)

So yeah, rubbish that.

Yeah, because the back line that JWP scored against is sh*t isn't it?

ter Stegen, Goalie - plays for Barca (and has played in the first team this season) and has played for the full Germany team

Korb - plays for Mönchengladbach in the Bundesliga (with first team appearances this season)

Ginter - plays for Dortmund in the Bundesliga (with first team appearances this season) and has played for the full Germany team

Knoche - plays for Wolfsburg in the Bundesliga (with first team appearances this season)

Günter - plays for Galatasaray (with first team appearances this season)

So yeah, rubbish that.

Germany U21's are class, so many top flight regulars in that team from all over Europe. They were actually class last night, probably better than England overall.

You didn't notice the irony in my writing?

yep. Loved watching England play as a youngster now I just can't get excited about it.

Same here. When I got into football in 2005 I used to avidly support England and get so into their games, even the friendlies but I stopped giving any sort of a **** about England about 5 years ago. I only take an interest when our players are playing.

One thing I don't understand is why is the competitive game always before the friendly? You'd think it'd be the other way round, so the manager can try various formations and combinations. Having a friendly AFTER the competitive game just seems extremely pointless and a waste of everyone's time.

I don't mind the international breaks actually. It's not just about England, it's also fun to see Bale for Wales, Davis for N.Ireland, Scotland's latest embarassment, various Saints turning out for their respective countries as well as following the latest controversies and chaotic scenes in matches in eastern Europe (Montenegro v Russia this time).

And then when the Premier League returns this weekend it feels even more epic after two weeks of anticipation...

I do agree that it's bizarre having the friendly after the competitive game, although I thought that this week was the exception rather than the rule.