Southampton interested in Newcastle GK Freddie Woodman

Lallana's Left Peg

Not sure why he would come here to go out on loan when he is already sitting on Newcastles bench on occasion seems like a silly article to fill space, Arsenal and saints both need a goal keeper Newcastle have a decent youngster 2+2=6 and away we go.

Not sure why he would come here to go out on loan when he is already sitting on Newcastles bench on occasion seems like a silly article to fill space, Arsenal and saints both need a goal keeper Newcastle have a decent youngster 2+2=6 and away we go.

England's No.2 and Englands GK coach from the last world cup.

Plus he is bound to get game time over the next year.

Would probably confirm the end for Gazza and maybe Cropper too...

Woodman is 18 years old, Cropper and Gazzaniga are 22 and 23 respectively. I think if we signed Woodman he'd be more of an immediate competition to the other teenage keepers we already have and not vying yet with Gazzaniga/Cropper as 3rd/4th choice keeper.

Edited by Matthew Le God

England's No.2 and Englands GK coach from the last world cup.

Plus he is bound to get game time over the next year.

There is no way on earth we are going to throw an untried 18 year old GK in as first choice at the start of next season it simply won't happen.

Woodman is 18 years old, Cropper and Gazzaniga are 22 and 23 respectively. I think if we signed Woodman he'd be more of an immediate competition to the other teenage keepers we already have and not vying yet with Gazzaniga/Cropper as 3rd/4th choice keeper.

Not sure why that is though as we have 3 other keepers around that age level - Britt being one - although I can't see anything in Cropper from the games I have watched him in (about 6) he was very poor.