Magic Mushroom over Staplewood today or was I seeing things

Poggs

Is it the one that was there previously which has been moved or an entirely new one. It's been there about a week now.

The old one had structural issues and was ripped down. I think it was originally behind the now ML Pavilion.

So yes, new location. 4G pitch was done 1st of course.

Is it the one that was there previously which has been moved or an entirely new one. It's been there about a week now.

Its a different dome, the new one is inflatable from this company... http://covair.co.uk

The old one had a steel structure to it, with brickwork for attached offices, meeting rooms and gym.

Edited by Matthew Le God

• 2 months later...
It does look damn impressive to be honest. As a potential player or coaching staff, you couldn't fail to be impressed by our facilities. Top level.

surely, most decent premier league sides have top notch training facilities these days?

so? just saying many decent prem clubs have top training facilities. regardless if we are spending £100m to get ours to that level

To be fair many clubs are still renting council facilities or using local universities. Outside the big 6, I think only Stoke has facilities to rival ours. Man City will be taking it to a different level, when theirs is complete but ours is damned good and is ongoing.

Its a different dome, the new one is inflatable from this company... http://covair.co.uk

The old one had a steel structure to it, with brickwork for attached offices, meeting rooms and gym.

It's funny really, when that old dome was announced not even 10 years ago it was the height of cool, the club were so proud. Now it seems so small and outdated.

Also, look at how tiny the doors look in the wall!!!!

Also, how good does the green kit look there :D

Fark imagine the puncture repair kit you need if it starts leaking

We used to go to a hockey tour at Old Loughts every year, their club is adjacent to the Spurs training ground and one of the pitches for the festival was their dome, cue everybody getting there 15 minutes early for their matches,binning the hockey kit and booting a football around for a warm-up. Played in it several times and it was always very hot, plus some bright spark decided that we'd play on the full size football pitch which was absolutely enormous for hockey. Anyway we all turned up for our kick about as per usual, about 4 o'clock in the afternoon on a hot summer's day. Enter an umpire that had never been in there before, hot in here isn't it lads, i think i'm going to open these fire doors over there. Knowing nods from all of us (we'd all had a skinfull of beer, this will be good ... ...). You enter the dome through a double door/airlock type arrangement ..... matey boldy pushes open the two double fire doors and we kick off .... but not for long, I can reliably report that a large dome can become a much smaller dome quite quickly.....!

We used to go to a hockey tour at Old Loughts every year, their club is adjacent to the Spurs training ground and one of the pitches for the festival was their dome, cue everybody getting there 15 minutes early for their matches,binning the hockey kit and booting a football around for a warm-up. Played in it several times and it was always very hot, plus some bright spark decided that we'd play on the full size football pitch which was absolutely enormous for hockey. Anyway we all turned up for our kick about as per usual, about 4 o'clock in the afternoon on a hot summer's day. Enter an umpire that had never been in there before, hot in here isn't it lads, i think i'm going to open these fire doors over there. Knowing nods from all of us (we'd all had a skinfull of beer, this will be good ... ...). You enter the dome through a double door/airlock type arrangement ..... matey boldy pushes open the two double fire doors and we kick off .... but not for long, I can reliably report that a large dome can become a much smaller dome quite quickly.....!

:lol: :lol: