Rodriguez has returned - BREAKING: NEW CONTRACT SIGNED

Saint-Armstrong

Great news.

However unless he extends his contract I cannot see how the Club will not sell him this summer.

Daily Telegraph in UK reporting that Spurs fully expect to buy his rights this summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11509329/Andros-Townsend-wants-talks-with-Tottenham-over-his-future.html

Oh right. In the same way as Spurs were nailed on to sign him in January. And that JR and his agent were deliberately misleading Saints and the media to secure the move, in January.

Oh right. In the same way as Spurs were nailed on to sign him in January. And that JR and his agent were deliberately misleading Saints and the media to secure the move, in January.

Well Southampton won't like to allow him to leave for free.

Great news.

However unless he extends his contract I cannot see how the Club will not sell him this summer.

Daily Telegraph in UK reporting that Spurs fully expect to buy his rights this summer.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/11509329/Andros-Townsend-wants-talks-with-Tottenham-over-his-future.html

Maybe not.....

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-transfer-news-spurs-will-revert-to-policy-of-signing-1015million-players-says-daniel-levy-10151564.html

I imagine that Jay Rod may come on as sub for last 20 minutes or so. However, surely the aim will be to have him ready for August ? He will need to get back up to speed etc, but if he is back to his old self it will be fantastic.

Let's hope FF recovery time is quicker. With a bit of luck ready in January ?

I imagine that Jay Rod may come on as sub for last 20 minutes or so. However, surely the aim will be to have him ready for August ? He will need to get back up to speed etc, but if he is back to his old self it will be fantastic.

Let's hope FF recovery time is quicker. With a bit of luck ready in January ?

Fitzhugh Fella is injured?

Would you risk playing him for a few minutes this season or wait until next season and give him more time to get back to proper fitness levels?

I'd play him for 15 minutes on Saturday with crutches or a zimmer if necessary:rolleyes: , then again I've not much time for the other lump really.

Seriously - what team / manager / chairman would spend ANY money, let alone £25M on a player who has played exactly 0 minutes of football in over a year.

Saints will be lucky to get the 10m to 15m their quoting as their max spend. The idea will be to mug us off as he is nearing the end of his contract.

Koeman actually said in the presser that he could be ready to play again in 4 or 5 weeks. [11.08 minutes in]

Fair point, but i would imagine that he will be brought on for the last 15 minutes of a game that is 'comfortably' won or lost in order to acclimatise him in readiness for next season. We do not have to risk him as we are not in a relegation scrap.

Devilish statement: Ronald Koeman has always appeared to play down Rodriguez from the start.

Almost like he knows that the player will not have a future at Southampton FC.

If that is the case then why bother giving the player game time towards the end of the regular season 2014/2015?

Devilish statement: Ronald Koeman has always appeared to play down Rodriguez from the start.

If that is the case then why bother giving the player game time towards the end of the regular season 2014/2015?

Because he is a good player and could win us some crucial games?

Because he is a good player and could win us some crucial games?

And because if he is healthy we can sell him for more money.

• 2 weeks later...

Koeman in today's pre-match press conference when asked if JRod will play this season: "I hope he can be part of maybe the last game against Man City. But the focus is for next season. But if he is part of 1 or 2 games this season then it will be great"

Edited by trousers

Koeman in today's pre-match press conference: "I hope he can be part of maybe the last game against Man City. But the focus is for next season. But if he is part of 1 or 2 games this season then it will be great"

If we're in the race for fourth on the last game of the season and Jay Rod makes the pitch with the game in the balance...I think we all know what would be a dream return...

I've made these comments before ...no need to put him in the shop window this season ...unless that is what we are trying to do!

Much as I love the romantic idea that he will come on and score crucial goals in the final 3 games that win us 4th place ...its unlikely to happen, and I also fear he could set himself back in his recovery and not be available by August.

Not a pessimist, just a realist. :?

If we're in the race for fourth on the last game of the season and Jay Rod makes the pitch with the game in the balance...I think we all know what would be a dream return...

From this...

CCt6w8PWgAA6sXR.png

to this, and...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Qqd6T_A9LY

Well its a nice dream! :D

J-Rod will want the team he is playing for next year to be in the Champions League. :|

Anyone know if there are any contractual implications for a team that rehabilitate a player from a serious injury only for them to come back to towards the end of their contract and seek to move away?

Id be ****ed off if I helped a player back to full health only for them to leave on the cheap.

Anyone know if there are any contractual implications for a team that rehabilitate a player from a serious injury only for them to come back to towards the end of their contract and seek to move away?

Id be ****ed off if I helped a player back to full health only for them to leave on the cheap.

I don't think so. Owen did it to Newcastle.

I get your point, but if we did not rehabilitate him, he would be worth nowt. Morally, I would suggest that he should stay, even if just for a season.

I like to think he won't sign a new contract until he's proven to himself he can get back fit again !

If I were him I would sign a new contract now in case I can't get back fit again!

If I do and am in demand then I'll go and sign another one, either here or elsewhere.