Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Sounds like a come a get me plea by Ings :D

One thing I don't want to do is go somewhere and all of a sudden disappear for a while," he told the Independent.

"Somewhere you don't get a look-in."

The England Under-21 international added he wants to work with a manager "who is going to coach me and really develop me as a player".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32364027

One thing I don't want to do is go somewhere and all of a sudden disappear for a while," he told the Independent.

The England Under-21 international added he wants to work with a manager "who is going to coach me and really develop me as a player".

Exactly my thoughts when I read it !

It has been posted on here that apparently Ings wants to stay up north. Like you, I think this sounds like he would prefer to come here.

Didn't have the time to trawl back through 200+ posts, so don't know what everyone else has said..

......but fairly obviously ....having elevated to England's no. 2 keeper, the loss of Fraser Forster is a major blow for SFC and the national side.

I'd expect to sign a keeper with a similar pedigree - even if not English.

Clyne - departure looks imminent, despite all the " double talk " from both club and player. Byram tipped by some, but I'd look for a candidate with established international experience. Alderweireld - only on loan, but if Athletico agreed to £6.8 m fee and back out that means they want in excess of £8 million for a fee. If Les Reed doesn't swing the original deal, then he must be worth £10-12 million (as a good replacement would cost as much).. and he at least wants to stay.

Schneiderlin...another likely departure,(but as with Lambert)...I wouldn't begrudge him a move, as he has done a good shift throughout the lower league years.

There are several candidates on Koeman's short list; Clasie and Verhena for starters.

Pelle ... I think will stay - unless some club in his homeland makes him an offer he can't refuse, now that he is in their national side.

Replacement (?) Charlie Austin.... with the hopes that Jay Rod will return in glory and stay on with a new contract.

Returing from a Dutch weekend of martial arts competition coaching and I got talking to one of the Dutch coaches.

They claimed to know some goings on with Saints. We have secured Claisie and Vilhena (I think it's spelt)

We need to agree a price as they are not happy with the value we want to pay, might be someone else involved if the Dutch team get what they want.

Returing from a Dutch weekend of martial arts competition coaching and I got talking to one of the Dutch coaches.

They claimed to know some goings on with Saints. We have secured Claisie and Vilhena (I think it's spelt)

We need to agree a price as they are not happy with the value we want to pay, might be someone else involved if the Dutch team get what they want.

Bit of a contradiction there, as we're unlikely to have "secured the deal" if the fee has yet to be agreed.

The players might have agreed via their agents, an interest in signing for Saints (&Koeman in particular), but without the clubs agreeing a fee, it is far from a done deal.

Bit of a contradiction there, as we're unlikely to have "secured the deal" if the fee has yet to be agreed.

The players might have agreed via their agents, an interest in signing for Saints (&Koeman in particular), but without the clubs agreeing a fee, it is far from a done deal.

But as we know from experience, it's pretty much done. The fee's will get agreed in the end as it's very much in the interest of all parties. This day and age you often get the players terms sorted out long before the clubs.

Didn't have the time to trawl back through 200+ posts, so don't know what everyone else has said..

......but fairly obviously ....having elevated to England's no. 2 keeper, the loss of Fraser Forster is a major blow for SFC and the national side.

I'd expect to sign a keeper with a similar pedigree - even if not English.

Clyne - departure looks imminent, despite all the " double talk " from both club and player. Byram tipped by some, but I'd look for a candidate with established international experience. Alderweireld - only on loan, but if Athletico agreed to £6.8 m fee and back out that means they want in excess of £8 million for a fee. If Les Reed doesn't swing the original deal, then he must be worth £10-12 million (as a good replacement would cost as much).. and he at least wants to stay.

Schneiderlin...another likely departure,(but as with Lambert)...I wouldn't begrudge him a move, as he has done a good shift throughout the lower league years.

There are several candidates on Koeman's short list; Clasie and Verhena for starters.

Pelle ... I think will stay - unless some club in his homeland makes him an offer he can't refuse, now that he is in their national side.

Replacement (?) Charlie Austin.... with the hopes that Jay Rod will return in glory and stay on with a new contract.

We'll see what is to be seen but I am concerned over the number of people who seem to think that the minute Clasie is an adequate replacement for Schneiderlin, for me he'll be way too small for today's PL.There's small and small and Clasie falls into the latter category.

Edited by Window Cleaner

13 goals, or 8 assists. I'd take that.

Poor 2nd halves from both of them, but enough of an impact in the first half of the season to shape our season.

that is all well and good if they happen in 2 or 3 games.

they need to be miles more consistent than that

claise could easily have a season like Pelle and Tadic

Clasie is having a very good season and is considered to have outgrown the Dutch league.

Pretty much like Pelle and Tadic last season.

Vilhena is another situation. He used to play far more under Koeman last season than this year and well.

Both would need to adapt and may not fire on all cylinders but if we can get them in early, they can have a full pre season under their belts.

If Schneiderlin and Clyne move on its imperative they go early so we can plan accordingly. I don t want transfer wrangling out till the end of August.

We'll see what is to be seen but I am concerned over the number of people who seem to think that the minute Clasie is an adequate replacement for Schneiderlin, for me he'll be way too small for today's PL.There's small and small and Clasie falls into the latter category.

I agree that his lack of height (compared to Schneiderlin - tall for MF) sounds like a major disadvantage, but surely it's his ability to pass the ball that's important.

Lots of people suggest that he's Koeman's choice and if we sign him..for better or worse...he'll get a first team place. The judgements will come later. I'm sure.

Is he too small to play for Holland? Or in Europe for Feyenoord?

Aren't Silva or Cazorla too small for the PL, going by that logic? Leon Britton also had a massive few years in this league with Swansea in CM.

Being ''too small'' is made too much of. There are plenty of ''small'' players who have been/are top players at this level.

I agree that his lack of height (compared to Schneiderlin - tall for MF) sounds like a major disadvantage, but surely it's his ability to pass the ball that's important.

Lots of people suggest that he's Koeman's choice and if we sign him..for better or worse...he'll get a first team place. The judgements will come later. I'm sure.

Possibly, but Schneiderlin doesn't head the ball a great deal.

Aren't Silva or Cazorla too small for the PL, going by that logic? Leon Britton also had a massive few years in this league with Swansea in CM.

Being ''too small'' is made too much of. There are plenty of ''small'' players who have been/are top players at this level.

Joe Allen is a decent like-for-like comparison size-wise for Clasie, I'd say.

How about Alex Song who is on loan at West Ham?

Think he would be a good signing, intercepts and tackles well and would solve the height issue.

Would be in favor of bringing both him and Clasie.

We would then have 4 midfielders competing for 2 DM spots. Wanyama Song Clasie and Reed.

How about Alex Song who is on loan at West Ham?

Think he would be a good signing, intercepts and tackles well and would solve the height issue.

Would be in favor of bringing both him and Clasie.

We would then have 4 midfielders competing for 2 DM spots. Wanyama Song Clasie and Reed.

Would cost too much money I think, and hasn't been great the second half of the season. Think he's on about £120k/week at the moment.

If we are going to sell Clyne or Schneiderlin to Arsenal or Chelsea, maybe we could do a deal to include either Jenkinson or Bamford in the deals.

Papers were saying West Ham readying a £10m move for Jenkinson, but could haggle a better deal if they really want Schneiderlin. Trippier and Byram have both been mooted as Clyne replacements, but Jenkinson could be a good option if we could get him for around £6m.

Bamford would give us some extra depth up front, especially if we get in Europe too.

Would like to see Van Dijk come in if we can't secure Alderweireld.

Suggested Mowatt on the other page, Will Hughes also if Derby fail to go up he will surely move on also. Not sure either of these, or indeed any player in that position would arrive if we were to sign both Clasie or Vilhenna. But I guess we did sign Djuricic on loan and he probably won't stay, so could open up the option to sign another midfield player.

On his wiki page it says he is 169cm tall (5 ft,6 n a 1/2), not that small and not really relevent to premier league football, Bojan didn't do too badly this year he is 170cm and one of the best centre mids to play in the league was Scholes who is one cm smaller at 168cm tall.

So basically we're going to sign Clasie and he'll be as good as scholes

If anyone thinks that Hernandez is not good enough for SFC......is mental.

He turned us down for Real Madrid last season....can you blame him!

We want him,for 1st team action week i,week out....if he turns us down fair enough.

But he is class.

Man UTD fans couldn't believe they let him go.......snap him up saints.

Hermandez+10m for Clyne....thanks very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone thinks that Hernandez is not good enough for SFC......is mental.

He turned us down for Real Madrid last season....can you blame him!

We want him,for 1st team action week i,week out....if he turns us down fair enough.

But he is class.

Man UTD fans couldn't believe they let him go.......snap him up saints.

Hermandez+10m for Clyne....thanks very much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a mexican restaurant in Southampton ?

He's a good player, but is very injury prone. We'd need him and 1 other, as he wouldn't last all season.

Better sign that Ronaldo fella then. The one that passes, so that the overated Mexican can tap into an empty net.

Back in the real world, how about Rudi Gestade from Blackburn?

Better sign that Ronaldo fella then. The one that passes, so that the overated Mexican can tap into an empty net.

Back in the real world, how about Rudi Gestade from Blackburn?

Back in the real world lets buy a Blackburn player !!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Convict Colony

I don't see how Hernandez would fit into our system tbh - our striker is always key to how we go about attacking in terms of holding the ball up, winning the ball in the air and providing killer passes to players running in behind him. Hernandez just doesn't have those aspects to his game, similarly neither does Danny Ings. Either of those players could work well playing the kind of role that Mane has this season, playing off Pelle in a second striker role, but Ron has shown that he likes his 4-3-3 so I imagine we'll get in players to suit that system.

Gestede may not be such a bad shout after all!