Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

And a second (quite good it was too). Really can't see him taking a step down. He's finally been given a change and he seems to be taking it.

But it's no worries, he's not good enough for us anyway, apparently. Can't believe some fans turned their noses up at him.

Yeah, our system is clearly much more advanced than Real Madrid's. :scared:

Its an entirely different system to be honest, I still stand by my comment that if you are going to spend that sort of money (fee and wages) on a striker that will expect to start you are going to want him to fit the way we play.

Hope Bamford on loan isn't true. He's good and I'd like to see us buy him, not help Chelsea inflate his transfer value. Their mass buying and loaning ploy is disgusting to be honest. Was worried about Bertrand but at least a fee had been agreed, still rather we'd just bought him last summer.

Are we going for loans to see how people settle first or...are we lacking funds?

Possible. The Vilhena attempt in the winter transfer window failed. In short, loan refused by Feyenoord; followed by an offer of 3 payments of 600.000 pounds, first payment starting summer 2015 !. (Vilhena is a talented impatient 20 years old, and in no way regarded as a failure (unlike Elia and Djuricic), so Feyenoord refused immediately). Yes, it reeks of lacking funds - for the 2014-2015 season.Source (Dutch)

And a second (quite good it was too). Really can't see him taking a step down. He's finally been given a change and he seems to be taking it.

It was unbelievable. I genuinely think that his last two performances have cemented his position either at RM or else back at utd

It was unbelievable. I genuinely think that his last two performances have cemented his position either at RM or else back at utd

van Gaal this weekend said...

“I gave him a chance and then I said the same thing as I did to Danny Welbeck. When you are a substitute it’s no good. And I won’t change over that. So if you score a goal you are suddenly different? I don’t think so.”

van Gaal this weekend said...

“I gave him a chance and then I said the same thing as I did to Danny Welbeck. When you are a substitute it’s no good. And I won’t change over that. So if you score a goal you are suddenly different? I don’t think so.”

To be fair there is time for things to change. Van Gaal also ended up changing his mind about Fellani.

Would love to sign Hernandez but wouldn't want us to be a team he reluctantly settled on.

Sigurdsson from Swansea would be perfect. Goal scoring midfielder. Little chance of getting him though.

Would love Sigurdsson, wanted him badly when he left Spurs. Think he's arguably the best player out the top 4 sides would be a great fit for us and exactly what we need. Can't imagine Swansea letting us have him though unless we pay through the roof.

Don't buy Elia or Djuricic for a start. And assuming Morgan, Clyne and Toby aren't here next season ...

Bring in a rb maybe 2 depending on who's coming through. Trippier looks good, not seen much of Byram.

Claise in for Morgan. Vilhena sounds like he's coming, either as a squad player I'd imagine, or for Steve Davis' position.

Van djik would be great to partner Fonte.

Another striker. Probably a starter, Pelle as back up/ Europa. Benteke would be perfect but unlikely. Gingnac on a free is more realistic.

2 attacking mids/wingers to replace Elia and Djuricic. Like the look of Gray from Brum. We really need to start getting goals and assists from these players.

Gk maybe 2. Davis is done. Gaz maybe not ready. Forster obv out for ages.

Damn that's a lot of players in and out.

If it was up to me, players out would be:

Gazza - Just never looked anything like a PL 'keeper

Kelvin - I don't think he is good enough even as back up. CDAJF a Championship club

S. Davis - A solid pro but I feel he has taken us as far as he can. Some will say he is better than JWP but he is also 10 years older.

Elia - Haven't seem much to suggest he is worth keeping.

Djuricic - That signing made very little sense to me at the time and still doesn't.

Long - CDAJF someone like Hull or WBA but he is not a top half player.

Mayuka - Almost forgot to put him on the list TBH.

I know the Javier Hernandez debate will rattle on, but £7.5m sounds like a relative bargain.

http://www.london24.com/sport/football/clubs/tottenham/manchester_united_boss_hints_at_7_5million_sale_of_spurs_and_southampton_target_1_4049393

I wouldn't think twice at that price, but I can't see Man U letting a player go for that price who is curently scoring for Real Madrid! I think he will command around £15m. If we have an option to buy at £7.5m, take it before anyone thinks twice.

Kelvin - I don't think he is good enough even as back up. CDAJF a Championship club

S. Davis - A solid pro but I feel he has taken us as far as he can. Some will say he is better than JWP but he is also 10 years older.

Djuricic - That signing made very little sense to me at the time and still doesn't.

Kelvin will be here forever tbh. When his contract is up, I can imagine he'll become part of the backroom. He's not going to leave. Davis is a good player, maybe his time as a starter will reduce, but you won't have too much better squad backup than him. With Europe (possibly) next season, we need to be retaining the likes of Long and Davis.

Wonder if Antonio has improved as much as it seems. Good goal record, doubt he'd cost that much and he did well for us before. 25 now, got a feeling someone will take a chance on him, pace, power and maybe a few goals. I mean for maybe 4m would you rather him or Elia?

He'd cost a lot more than £4m as Forest can't even replace him because of their transfer embargo.

Edited by beavis17

Doesn't seem like a club that's going anywhere, he's got 2 years left on contract, I'm not sure he'd be that much. Up to 6m might be worth it but I've only seen him in highlights this season where he's looked very good. 14 league goals for a midfielder is impressive and he's the sort of player we could do with.

Indeed. 15 goals and 12 assists this season. He'd be a nightmare for full backs on his day and would have a similar impact to the one Bolasie has had this season.

Doing what? We already have David Watson and Vince Bartram as keeper coaches, plus others at lower age groups.

Club ambassador? Working with saints in the community? Role with the academy? Scouting?

Sure their is a role for a long-serving club captain and model pro, he is the sort of person we should be trying to keep as a part of the club if we can even if his playing days are winding down.

Indeed. 15 goals and 12 assists this season. He'd be a nightmare for full backs on his day and would have a similar impact to the one Bolasie has had this season.

Good comparison tbf, Bolasie is a real terror to full backs because of his strength and Antonio certainly has that. I'd take him for sure.

Good comparison tbf, Bolasie is a real terror to full backs because of his strength and Antonio certainly has that. I'd take him for sure.

I always saw a lot of potential in him but thought he kind of went off the radar for a couple of seasons when he left.

Good to see him doing well and that goals & assists record is very good at that level. Maybe worth another look?

I always saw a lot of potential in him but thought he kind of went off the radar for a couple of seasons when he left.

Good to see him doing well and that goals & assists record is very good at that level. Maybe worth another look?

He was playing in a not particularly good Sheffield Wednesday team, and he was always one of their better players. For me he could provide a lot of what Shane Long already provides from wide areas - a strong, direct runner with pace to pressure a full-back. That would mean Shane would be freed up to play a more central striker role, although if Jay Rod stays with us over the summer and comes back to fitness, he may find his chances limited there.

Would love Sigurdsson, wanted him badly when he left Spurs. Think he's arguably the best player out the top 4 sides would be a great fit for us and exactly what we need. Can't imagine Swansea letting us have him though unless we pay through the roof.

But they have clearly shown that they will sell him if we do pay through the roof.

We are not going to sell Long for a loss especially if we are in the Europa League. I am not convinced that Elia or Djuricic got enough of a chance to prove themselves in games, but I assume that they are not starting because they have failed to prove themselves in training so I will trust the club's judgment on signing them permanently. The Davises are almost certainly staying. Steve signed a new contract and will be a better squad player than anyone we can get for a reasonable price to replace him. We do have to hope that younger players progress and take away his playing time (or that he learns to shoot). I have no comment on Mayuka or Gazzaniga.

I'd take Nathan Redmond off of Norwich's hands if they don't get promoted.

I am sure they appreciate the thought.

Doing what? We already have David Watson and Vince Bartram as keeper coaches, plus others at lower age groups.

Who knows. He will be kept on in some capacity though.

He could work as the official liaison with SI.

Antonio is a West Ham signing. Not good enough.

Don't underestimate West Ham's future. They have that cheap new government built stadium coming on line and they are far better known world wide. With equally competent management they have significant advantages over us.

But they have clearly shown that they will sell him if we do pay through the roof.

We are not going to sell Long for a loss especially if we are in the Europa League. I am not convinced that Elia or Djuricic got enough of a chance to prove themselves in games, but I assume that they are not starting because they have failed to prove themselves in training so I will trust the club's judgment on signing them permanently. The Davises are almost certainly staying. Steve signed a new contract and will be a better squad player than anyone we can get for a reasonable price to replace him. We do have to hope that younger players progress and take away his playing time (or that he learns to shoot). I have no comment on Mayuka or Gazzaniga.

I am sure they appreciate the thought.

He could work as the official liaison with SI.

Don't underestimate West Ham's future. They have that cheap new government built stadium coming on line and they are far better known world wide. With equally competent management they have significant advantages over us.

Bigger club than us and in London. Huge selling point when it comes to Billionaires.

£15million for Osvaldo wasn't it? If we're willing to shell that much out for a gamble, we can pay that for Sigurdsson, and I reckon that would be enough.

£15million for Osvaldo wasn't it? If we're willing to shell that much out for a gamble, we can pay that for Sigurdsson, and I reckon that would be enough.

Why on earth would Swansea, 1 place lower than us l, sell their best player to us for such a low price?

It's like us selling Morgan to Spurs for £15m.... Not going to happen really is it!

Unlikely, unless they start selling out their 60,000 seat stadium, which I very much doubt. Players only really care about money and Champions League football and Wham can't offer more of either as things stand.

Unlikely, unless they start selling out their 60,000 seat stadium, which I very much doubt. Players only really care about money and Champions League football and Wham can't offer more of either as things stand.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my writing. I did not mean that West Ham currently has equally competent management when compared to us and, therefore, has significant advantages over us. I meant that if they hired equally competent management and gave them time to work, they would have significant advantages. Already they have a turnover about 10 million pounds more than ours. Even if they do not sell out their new stadium, they will sell more tickets than they do now and that will increase their financial edge. If they use it effectively, they will be a problem for us (and Swansea and Everton).

Aleksandar Dragović at Dynamo Kiev, possibly? He's an absolute player by the way, Champions League quality. Arsenal were tracking him/are tracking him. I can't see that happening, but it shows the ambition is to replace our best players with equal.

The quoted price I think I saw was about £15m.

Van Der Wiel is a player I wondered about a few months back - Windows may correct me on this....but I don't think he's been a first choice player at PSG up until recently, and isn't that only down to injury to Serge Aurier? If he wants first team football, as a key player, then it may be on.

Aleksandar Dragović at Dynamo Kiev, possibly? He's an absolute player by the way, Champions League quality. Arsenal were tracking him/are tracking him. I can't see that happening, but it shows the ambition is to replace our best players with equal.

The quoted price I think I saw was about £15m.

I saw a link to him with us just the other day actually - Think we were linked to him a couple of seasons ago too.

Would be a great signing - Maybe he fits that bill of the big clubs are looking at him but aren't quite ready to take a punt on him. (Much like how we got Big Vic).

I saw a link to him with us just the other day actually - Think we were linked to him a couple of seasons ago too.

Would be a great signing - Maybe he fits that bill of the big clubs are looking at him but aren't quite ready to take a punt on him. (Much like how we got Big Vic).

Another player we could make a profit on! ;)

As much as it's quite sad, I'm sure that's in our thoughts - the ability to sell on at a profit in the future after they've established themselves. I think this guy is only 23/24, and is a current international, so he ticks all of our recruitment boxes.

I'm already getting excited by some of the players we're being linked to.

Hopefully it means we'll be replacing quality with quality.

Similar as we did in the summer I think. Tadic is quality, but has struggled with form/fitness in the 2nd half - but he was a quality replacement for Lallana, Mane in some respects added to this area as well. Toby, quality replacement for Lovren. Bertrand, quality replacement for Shaw.

So, if we accept that we're going to lose Morgan, Clyne and Toby (at least) this summer.....it won't look too bad if they're replaced with Clasie, Van Der Wiel and Dragovic.