Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

They were talking about Austin on Talksport and Collymore reckoned he would be looking at a team 8th downwards and when Saints were suggested he thought we would be looking for someone better.

Don't know - only Kane, Costa & Aguero scored more goals in the prem this season.

They were talking about Austin on Talksport and Collymore reckoned he would be looking at a team 8th downwards and when Saints were suggested he thought we would be looking for someone better.

Think Austin would do well with us. As well as look abroad I like the look of some Championship players this season. Patrick Bamford (Chelsea I know), Nathan Redmond (still), Bradley Johnson and Sam Byram.

If QPR go down Phillips for me. We've tracked him for a while and would offer some directness that we, at times, lack. Pace, power and gets the odd goal. Looking okay today too.

Ok? He's having a shocker at wingback

Based on what, his past achievements? Their performances and totally eclipsed Vargas this season.

Based on what I've seen of him as a whole, though his performance against Spain in the World Cup still stands out. He's a foreign player, on loan, dropped into badly managed and organised side and has been ruled out with injury. Is it any surprise we haven't seen the best of him. But in a more stable setup....

I would really like Wijnaldum to replace Davis in the 10 position, Koeman gave him his debut at Feyanoord making him the youngest Feyanoord player ever.

If one of the top teams don't get him or stockpile him he would be an awesome addition.

[video=youtube;xKFW-aQo2VI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKFW-aQo2VI#t=132

Edited by Convict Colony

I would really like Wijnaldum to replace Davis in the 10 position, Koeman gave him his debut at Feyanoord making him the youngest Feyanoord player ever.

If one of the top teams don't get him or stockpile him he would be an awesome addition.

Has that been suggested anywhere or is that just your own hope ?

Has that been suggested anywhere or is that just your own hope ?

unfortunately just my own hype based on a clear lack of top team interest, I did read something about Schalke the other day but we can offer him cash to compensate not playing int he CL with PSV or Schalke.

unfortunately just my own hype based on a clear lack of top team interest, I did read something about Schalke the other day but we can offer him cash to compensate not playing int he CL with PSV or Schalke.

PSG / Liverpool / Utd been linked over last week or so.

He'd be great though.

I'd like us to go for Bakery Sako from Wolves, out of contract in the Summer. Seems to get a decent amount of goals from midfield.

Bakery is on a lot of dough at Wolves

*laughs head off*

I'd like us to go for Bakery Sako from Wolves, out of contract in the Summer. Seems to get a decent amount of goals from midfield.

In the Championship...and we've all seen just how much promoted teams struggle in the PL nowadays. The gap is too wide in general.

But equally we have seen decent players make the step up (Ings, Austin, Trippier, Jay Rod, Lallana etc etc.)

I think the question you've always got to ask about any player that's shone in the lower leagues that you might want to ask before signing him is 'why has no-one taken a chance on him already?' This applied to Jermaine Beckford and sure enough, he struggled when Everton gave him a go. I'd apply the same logic to Jordan Rhodes as well.

I'd veer strongly towards proven players rather than risky investments this summer. I'd consider Ings and Austin proven, but be more cautious about Trippier.

I think the question you've always got to ask about any player that's shone in the lower leagues that you might want to ask before signing him is 'why has no-one taken a chance on him already?' This applied to Jermaine Beckford and sure enough, he struggled when Everton gave him a go. I'd apply the same logic to Jordan Rhodes as well.

I'd veer strongly towards proven players rather than risky investments this summer. I'd consider Ings and Austin proven, but be more cautious about Trippier.

Sakho was at St Etienne for a few years, only remember him as bog standard for the time. He's no spring chicken either, might be a sort of West Ham or Hull player but certainly not top of the table material.

Don't know what the fuss is about Trippier. Very ordinary, got absolutely caned down here.

Charlie Austin would be a great signing.

Hum, no he didn't. Though he was the stand out player for Burnley on the day. Was overlapping very nicely and put in some great crosses.

Not sure the club agrees isn't the whole idea to unearth the hidden football gems and then flog them on for a profit later. Buying proven players cost more money and your returns are smaller.

Plenty of our players that no one took a chance on when they played in the lower leagues that have stepped up (J-rod, Clyne, Fonte, Lambert, Morgan, Lallana)

Well yes but the likes of ings and Austin were unproven in the Prem until this year and consequently their prices will be much higher. Our challenge is to find this year's Austin or ings which we can nick from the championship for a comparatively tiny amount.

Ings has a very decent goal record for a Burnley side extremely short on creativity. I have no doubt whatsoever that even for a side like us he will score at least 15 in the season.

You sure lol first goal since February this weekend, where as Austin has ALSO been in a poor side and still banged them in

Kevin Prince-Boateng? Been suspended by Schalke and told to find a new club (according to the Beeb below), not too old at 28 and would provide a more attack minded alternative to Steven Davis...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/32690972

From the article in the link

The Boateng news doesn't surprise me, in truth I would have released him months ago. His performances have largely been lethargic, and he has been an unwanted distraction. His cigarette incident in February 2014 - when he was snapped smoking and drinking a beer after the game before his doping test - was brushed under the carpet by Heldt.

Thanks but no thanks

Ings has a very decent goal record for a Burnley side extremely short on creativity. I have no doubt whatsoever that even for a side like us he will score at least 15 in the season.

He'd fit right in then, as we have **** all creativity these days too.

Ings to Liverpool all but done.

That will underwhelm the Liverpool fans even more. Good player is Ings, but if Liverpool have any real title aspirations (as their fans want to believe) then they need to be looking higher up the ladder.

That will underwhelm the Liverpool fans even more. Good player is Ings, but if Liverpool have any real title aspirations (as their fans want to believe) then they need to be looking higher up the ladder.

Ah I don't know, Ings and Sturridge might make a good pairing with the attacking midfielders that they have. I watched them against Chelsea on Sunday and I'd admit that most of what they do isn't all that bad but they've nothing at the sharp end to finish it off..well that and Sterling being a greedy hog.