Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

Ah I don't know, Ings and Sturridge might make a good pairing with the attacking midfielders that they have. I watched them against Chelsea on Sunday and I'd admit that most of what they do isn't all that bad but they've nothing at the sharp end to finish it off..well that and Sterling being a greedy hog.

Most Liverpool fans have given up on Sturridge, and I'm inclined to agree with them.

Why is his latest injury looking like a career ending one ?

He's out until November this time, they think they've got to the route of his problems - but at the end of the day he's always been made of glass, talented player, but Liverpool fans say they need to replace him in the summer as they can't rely on him anymore.

Ings to Liverpool all but done.

There will be a fee set by tribunal, right? Does anyone have any indication whatsoever of what it may be (approx)? (Ta' in advance) I recall in January there being talk about the fee being in the millions (4-6)...but given the history of tribunal fees, I fear I may have just made that up :lol: I swear there was talk though - a vague recollection, if you will.

Walcotts unhappy apparently. Would anyone have him back?

Given that he 'feels' entitled to £100,000+ a week and a central striker role.....naaah. Looking at the data, he's only played something close to regular first team football in 2 out of the past 5 seasons, which surely reflects his injury susceptibility. For the sake of argument, say he accepted £50,000 a week (pah!), could we afford to invest such figures in someone whose selection availability is so evidently temperamental? Probably not. Good player though (obviously), more than good enough for our level.

Walcotts unhappy apparently. Would anyone have him back?

How much do you think Walcott would cost in the current transfer market if the likes of Shane Long cost £12m?

Or how much do you think he'd want to be paid given he is already on a reported £90,000 to £100,000 per week?

Or that he'd want Champions League football which we can't offer him?

How much do you think Walcott would cost in the current transfer market if the likes of Shane Long cost £12m?

Or how much do you think he'd want to be paid given he is already on a reported £90,000 to £100,000 per week?

Or that he'd want Champions League football which we can't offer him?

Other than that, a really realistic signing.

He's out until November this time, they think they've got to the route of his problems - but at the end of the day he's always been made of glass, talented player, but Liverpool fans say they need to replace him in the summer as they can't rely on him anymore.

Has he? I don't remember him being injured regularly until this season?

Has he? I don't remember him being injured regularly until this season?

Not for Liverpool anyway, must have played about 30 games last season and scored 20 odd goals in the PL.

Anyway this season he's still scored more than Balotelli and Lambert put together despite only starting in a handful of games.

Another player on whom last summer's WC has taken it's toll.

My choice for this summer based on supposed going outs:

In: Austin, Trippier, Clasie, Vilhena, Ntep, Van Dijk, New GK

Out: Clyne, Schneiderlin, Elia, Djuricic, Osvaldo, Toby

Bring back Jack Stephens, Gaston Ramirez and send Jordon Turnbull to a championship side

And promote a few academy lads

Summer sorted

My choice for this summer based on supposed going outs:

In: Austin, Trippier, Clasie, Vilhena, Ntep, Van Dijk, New GK

Out: Clyne, Schneiderlin, Elia, Djuricic, Osvaldo, Toby

Bring back Jack Stephens, Gaston Ramirez and send Jordon Turnbull to a championship side

And promote a few academy lads

Summer sorted

Don't disagree with any of them actually...

Januzaj?

I think he's got real talent, is exactly the sort of player the squad lacks and van Gaal doesn't seem to fancy him too much. Not sure if he's on mega money or not burning don't see that there will be suitors from clubs who can blow us out of the water.

Would love him here. He has that knack of knowing where to be and how to put the ball in the net. Kane has it, Inzaghi had it, Kevin Phillips had it, Gary Lineker had it. He doesn't have the ability of the top players, but would help us transform us from a pretty but largely toothless attack

Januzaj?

I think he's got real talent, is exactly the sort of player the squad lacks and van Gaal doesn't seem to fancy him too much. Not sure if he's on mega money or not burning don't see that there will be suitors from clubs who can blow us out of the water.

I'd certainly take him on loan for a year. Can't image LvG wanting to give Koeman any favours, but possibly could take him on loan as part of a prospective deal for Clyne.

£10m for Austin is very good value if we pull it off. As other's have said, he's a goal scorrer and as long as they get the service, they will score goals in any team. It's just about giving them a chance, same with Lambert.

I'm sure he's been on our wanted list for a while though, as we were constantly linked whilst in L1.

£10m for Austin is very good value if we pull it off.

Agree, £10m for the 4th top scorer in the prem is great value.

I'm sure he's been on our wanted list for a while though, as we were constantly linked whilst in L1.

I like it when we still go in for players we've been linked from the old days - Fair play to Austin for making the jumps up the league.

Saints are willing to pay £10 million for Charlie Austin according to The Guardian's rumour mill.

I would applaud this.[/quote)

QPR want £14 m for him, and their finances are in a desperate state. I would still go for that. He is what we should have had this season

Soooo predicted next seasons XI based on rumours so far;

----------------Oyland---------------

Tripper--Van Dijk--Fonte--Bertrand

--------Clasie------Wanyama-------

--Rodriguez---Tadic----Mane-------

----------------Austin----------------

Subs: KD (Forster and Oyland to battle it out for No.1), Yoshida, Gardos, Targett, Vilhelna/Reed, S.Davis/Ramirez (I would rather have him here than more Elia or Djuricic loans), Pelle.

When you add in depth provided by some of our youth players I think we could have another good season.