Summer 2015 Hcdajfu thread ?

simo

no, no, no, we are no slower than other clubs, according to the "experts" on here...

exactly right alps. when is everyone else going to wake up like us two??

clyne left ages ago, where is his replacement? Its been obvious to anyone paying attention morgan was leaving since last year, where is his replacement?

Forster got injured last year for **** sake, isnt about time we got an extra keeper in? what about full back? we have been weak there since last season, why oh why have we not got extra cover there?

and its not just replacing players that have left, why dont we ever buy promising youngsters from abroad?

if we dont start moving soon we will be left behind and Alps will have been the only one to have seen it coming

we have been run like a sunday league team for too long now

How many other teams have made 5 signings by this point out of interest?

Probably about 7 or 8. To caveat that though, I don't think anyone else apart from Villa lost two of their best players. So I would say whilst our signings have been great, only Juanmi is an addition rather than a replacement. (Martina effectively a delayed Chambers replacement).

Our squad looks really strong and balanced though, centre back aside - and we will be sorting that.

Probably about 7 or 8. To caveat that though, I don't think anyone else apart from Villa lost two of their best players. So I would say whilst our signings have been great, only Juanmi is an addition rather than a replacement. (Martina effectively a delayed Chambers replacement).

Our squad looks really strong and balanced though, centre back aside - and we will be sorting that.

Absolutely. Been saying this for a while now.

Edit: However, Jrod is an addition on last season's squad.

FWIW, the last time I thought our squad looked strong we got relegated.....

100 % alps. If wee dont sine sum1 in the next 7 hours w3 shud u's teh rest of tis transfr windo 2 plan 4 champion ship. start by re unyting jos and foxx. best defensive of 2k17 m9.

is this....english?

100 % alps. If wee dont sine sum1 in the next 7 hours w3 shud u's teh rest of tis transfr windo 2 plan 4 champion ship. start by re unyting jos and foxx. best defensive of 2k17 m9.

100% Alps. If we don't sign someone in the next 7 hours we should use the rest of this transfer window to plan for the Championship. Start by reuniting Jos (Hooiveld) and (Danny) Fox. Best defensive of 2k17 m9.

If you look at the past seasons, you will almost always see that the middle period of the transfer window is often the quietest. You get a few early ones through the door at the start of the window, and then it's a game of poker - up until the last few weeks of August anyway.

Silly to think nothing is happening, as we are probably incredibly busy trying to put things in place. It's not like FM where you can just table a bid and have a response with in a few seconds, in some situations it can take weeks. And if that means we get our prefered target - on our terms - then I'm not bothered. Overpaying and panicking to just get things done isn't the way to go. If some of the people on here ran a football club then they'd be in L2 and in receivership.

If you look at the past seasons, you will almost always see that the middle period of the transfer window is often the quietest. You get a few early ones through the door at the start of the window, and then it's a game of poker - up until the last few weeks of August anyway.

Silly to think nothing is happening, as we are probably incredibly busy trying to put things in place. It's not like FM where you can just table a bid and have a response with in a few seconds, in some situations it can take weeks. And if that means we get our prefered target - on our terms - then I'm not bothered. Overpaying and panicking to just get things done isn't the way to go. If some of the people on here ran a football club then they'd be in L2 and in receivership.

sounds like shane long to me

You are without doubt the thickest person I've encountered on the Internet.

When oh when will people realise that if you don't feed a troll they disappear?

I think we've had a good window so far the only losses have been expected and nothing on a par with last seasons shocks we have moved quickly for our preferred replacements and seem to have got good players for sensible money. We have added 3 other players who complement the squad well, we all know we are a centre back (or two) light but as RK said we are moving on that and again as well all know it's never easy to get top class players but I'm sure we will have a centre back (or two) signed before the real football starts. I wish people would just sit back and enjoy the close season with out the endless fretting over nothing come the end of August or start of September we will see the players we have available and we will see that we have another good side that should finish top 10+

As usual one or two clubs have been out splashing the cash and signing loads of players but again as usual I've not seen many sign players that I would have really wanted us to be in for!

Why are we going for Chambers? why did we sell him in the first place? madness......

There were 16 million reasons I would imagine.

I think there was a rumour we had enquired about bring in him back on loan because he clearly isn't going to see much game time at Arsenal. He reportedly declined and wanted to stay and fight for a place in the Arsenal team (fair play to him for that).

Why is that panic? If he could be available, would be a very good option. Still young, we know he can be good and is still developing. Would get far more game time with us, would have been win win, but I guess he sees it as a backwards step and isn't interested.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

mtYIlLC0_normal.jpeg

@TalkingTHFC

#thfc
Diário De Notícias report Tottenham Hotspur winger Erik Lamela is 'very close' to joining FC Porto on loan.
pic.twitter.com/leW7iXT5YU

Follow

mtYIlLC0_normal.jpeg
Talking THFC
@TalkingTHFC

#thfc
Portuguese sources understand Erik Lamela is unhappy in London and Porto will have a €7.5M option to buy.
pic.twitter.com/SAt0ih4xGJ

Well, that's £30m down the drain.

A player I think we should look at is Dan Bentley from Southend. Young keeper in the Joe Hart mould. Could see him going on to big things.

Can say from seeing him first-hand (media work with SUFC) that he's a great young keeper with added confidence, he'll go a long way.

A pretty good character too and very well-grounded. Had a lot of scouts down at Roots Hall to watch him over the past 12 months.

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

Can say from seeing him first-hand (media work with SUFC) that he's a great young keeper with added confidence, he'll go a long way.

A pretty good character too and very well-grounded. Had a lot of scouts down at Roots Hall to watch him over the past 12 months.

Any from the PL?

I suppose at his age he needs to continue playing first team football. Would be a great addition to our squad and can always loan him out for a couple of years to continue his development. With Forsters injury being potentially career threatening, I think this guy has what it take to replace him in the near future.