• S davis
    • Pelle
    • Long
    • Mane
    • JWP
    • Tadic
    • Elia

abject 1st half

terrible from all. Koeman got it wrong with the selection.

better in the 2nd half. More so as the game went on. JWP and Tadic looked very good when they came on

my MoM

Pelle. Got better as the game went on and put the ball away nicely. Fair play and well done

Not the best performance but exactly the right result, and the right goal scorers. Pressure on Liverpool & Spurs to keep up.

The win was fine, the standard of play not so great.....But the two goal scorers? That gives me hope for the run in. An excellent confidence boost for both those guys!

Let's not get too excited, that was poor. Delighted for Pelle though, and Tadic was impressive when he came on.

However, massive chance now of at least finishing above Spurs, providing we beat them. A point will do next weekend at Stoke. Still a lot to play for, hopefully even though we've won RoKo will have a word.

That'll do!

Poor first half but still won; that's what good teams do.

Shame to lose Big Vic for the next two games, but maybe it will make us be more attacking.......

Excellent that Spuds lost as well!!!

Well done to JWP and Pelle for finally getting on the score-sheet.

Toby my MoM

Great result, especially as Spurs lost and Swansea dropped points. Can't really think of a stand out MOTM but I'm gonna go with Morgan for his unselfish pass to set Pelle up for his goal. He had a decent game too.

Yet again Steven Davis was ****ing cack and yet again everyone will probably go on about how underrated he is. Hopefully that helps bring certain people back down to Earth as this forum seems to have some sort of weird obsession with him and how "underrated" he is despite his constant **** ups. He works hard, yes but he's nowhere near as good as everyone makes out (which makes his "underrated" tag even weirder).

Also as an added little bonus, Skatesmuff have lost and Eastleigh are still winning.

Utterly appalling first half, made worse by Wanyama's booking. No pressure on the opposition and no other attacking intent other than long ball. Lucky Hull weren't in front.

2nd half started slightly better and a bit of idiocy by Alex Bruce and good play by Long won us the penalty.

After that felt we settled down somewhat & Pelle who looked devoid of any form, got a goal delivered on a plate to him.

Tadic played well when he came on. I still don't understand why he doesn't start more.

Important 3 points & handy that Spurs lost.

Let's not get too excited, that was poor. Delighted for Pelle though, and Tadic was impressive when he came on.

However, massive chance now of at least finishing above Spurs, providing we beat them. A point will do next weekend at Stoke. Still a lot to play for, hopefully even though we've won RoKo will have a word.

Wasn't that poor really, good end of season win. Pity about Victor getting a 2 match suspension though, still we'll no doubt get by without him. In fact looked better in the second half after he'd gone off.

Largely outplayed by Hull, which shows how off form we are, but teams like United have won more than their fair share of games despite being off par, so I'm going to look at it as a great win, ground out like good teams do when they don't play well. That said it would be nice to get back to where we were before the end of the season so we can try and carry that form through to next season.

Chuffed for Pelle and JWP. Five point be hind city. A win for United and maybe we will start dreaming again...

01) We'll be a minimum of 6 points off 4th at the end of the day tomorrow.

02) We are 9 points ahead of 8th place team (Swansea) with 6 matches to go. I would say a Top 7 finish is all but secured.

03) We have matched last years point total (56 points) with 6 matches to go.

04) only 22 goals allowed all season.. last year we allowed 46 goals. Incredible!

05) And I'll say it again, Tadic needs to start every game here on out. He is really the only creative player we got on the pitch.

01) We'll be a minimum of 6 points off 4th at the end of the day tomorrow.

02) We are 9 points ahead of 8th place team (Swansea) with 6 matches to go. I would say a Top 7 finish is all but secured.

03) We have matched last years point total (56 points) with 6 matches to go.

04) only 22 goals allowed all season.. last year we allowed 46 goals. Incredible!

05) And I'll say it again, Tadic needs to start every game here on out. He is really the only creative player we got on the pitch.

01) Are you sure ?

01) Are you sure ?

if City Win or its a draw we'll be 6 points from 4th. If City lose we'll be 5 points from 4th.

So he must mean we'll be a Maximum of 6 points from 4th at the end of the day tomorrow....

Good win after poor first half.

Long had a golden chance after 1min to make it very different but as usual his touch let him down....luckily he won us a pen with a good run but otherwise he was woeful today, awful touch and Bertrand was having a go at him for not getting back into shape a couple of times. Such a frustrating player to watch and even more so when you think what Koeman could have done with the £12m if able to identify someone himself. Paul Mitchell's parting gift I guess. Four year contract too.....jeez.

Quality pen from JWP and nice that Mane was the first over to him.

Toby good at right back, he really is a class act.

Pelle also very good I thought and great to see him get a goal. Proper team player.

Nees to start Tadic and Mane up with him from now on. Nobody combines as well with the full backs as Tadic and he has more composure than Long could ever dream of.

Kelvin with some key contributions.

Only negative (Long aside) was Koeman's decision to start Wanyama when he only needed one booking to miss two vital games. We could have started JWP or Reed and everyone knows you only need to make one small foul to get a yellow these days.

That was pretty **** in the main, to be honest. Result was probably a bit harsh on Hull.

2nd half was slightly better than the first half, but that wasn't hard. The first half was as bad and clueless as we've played in many a year, a long, long time since I've seen a saints team so disjointed, ragged, uneasy, nervy. It was just **** poor.

But I said at half time, the only positive was that it was 0-0 and I'm sure that's what the players said at HT.

I do want to give credit to Hull though, as I felt they came with a real game plan in the first half. They were tight, pressed very, very hard and were first to all the 50/50's - they played with a lot more energy and desire. But based on their first half effort, I felt they'd tire in the 2nd half...and they did, and once they did space started to open up a bit and we looked better for it.

An amazing set of results today in all honesty, it couldn't have gone any better. 7th is pretty much done and dusted now, but 5th and 6th are well and truly on.

Good ugly win. Toby was much better at RB after Tadic came on. Fonte MOM. Wanyama's yellow card looked a really poor decision from where I was. Felt for Pelle today, got nothing from the ref, but was being fouled all day.

Good that we stopped passing back to Kelvin after Fonte nearly sold him short. His save in the second half at 0-0 was superb.

That was pretty **** in the main, to be honest. Result was probably a bit harsh on Hull.

2nd half was slightly better than the first half, but that wasn't hard. The first half was as bad and clueless as we've played in many a year, a long, long time since I've seen a saints team so disjointed, ragged, uneasy, nervy. It was just **** poor.

But I said at half time, the only positive was that it was 0-0 and I'm sure that's what the players said at HT.

I do want to give credit to Hull though, as I felt they came with a real game plan in the first half. They were tight, pressed very, very hard and were first to all the 50/50's - they played with a lot more energy and desire. But based on their first half effort, I felt they'd tire in the 2nd half...and they did, and once they did space started to open up a bit and we looked better for it.

An amazing set of results today in all honesty, it couldn't have gone any better. 7th is pretty much done and dusted now, but 5th and 6th are well and truly on.

Surely Pellès performance was huge positive. I've been critical but today he was superb.

Great day

Swansea fail to win,

West Ham draw with Stoke

Spurs lose

Saints move onto 56 points and now look to beat their best ever points total.

Pelle scores

JWP scores

What is there not to like?

You can add P*mpey losing to the mighty Morcambe to that list too! :)

Surely Pellès performance was huge positive. I've been critical but today he was superb.

He wasn't much cop in the first half, but no one was really. But he's never been as bad as people have been saying. The 2nd half, as the space opened up, he was able to hold it up more effectively. Very pleased to see him score, that will hopefully be a huge weight off the lads shoulders. I've never thought he's a poor player.