Replica Shirts

jabei

Hi all

Could be an odd question....

I've just recently had an urge to start up my Saints shirt collection again .....call it a mid-life crisis. I'm talking about 80's onwards...not TOFFS type classic replicas. Is there anywhere other than Ebay that's good for this kind of thing? I have all the Friends Provident & Flybe stuff.....it's shirts either side of the early 2000's i'm after.

Also, even getting this seasons shirt is a struggle...I no longer live in the area and the online store only seems to cater for people of a slightly larger build than me.....I'm after Medium or Large.

Any help would be grateful received.

In fairness, Fleabay will be the best bet. I grew my collection over a few years by scouring Ebay, it is possible, i'm now just one shirt away from completing my desired collection. (Good condition Adult size 1984 home shirts seem to be as rare as rocking horse sh*t.)

Good luck.

Hi all

Could be an odd question....

I've just recently had an urge to start up my Saints shirt collection again .....call it a mid-life crisis. I'm talking about 80's onwards...not TOFFS type classic replicas. Is there anywhere other than Ebay that's good for this kind of thing? I have all the Friends Provident & Flybe stuff.....it's shirts either side of the early 2000's i'm after.

Also, even getting this seasons shirt is a struggle...I no longer live in the area and the online store only seems to cater for people of a slightly larger build than me.....I'm after Medium or Large.

Any help would be grateful received.

If you want this season's shirt in a M/L you should probably be buying an XL. I was a L/XL in last season's home and this season I've got a XXL (and before anyone starts, I've actually lost weight since then). They're skintight, over-long and all the room is in the shoulder area. Oh, and they catch on everything and pull, so if you get one, get two.

As far as collections go, eBay is the obvious one, there are a few websites like Classic Shirts on as well, though you're probably best off just Googling.

I've only bought from people on here and eBay. You get plenty of the Sanderson shirts, there's a couple of Dimplex on there for £70 if you're prepared to pay it, and the Admiral Draper Tools one pitches up from time to time too. Haven't seen any non-match worn ones in the Patrick styles which are larger than a Small though, that was the nature of early 80s replicas, they were mostly kids' sizes.

As far as post Friends Provident, there are plenty of Umbro home and away (charcoal, navy w/yellow yoke) and the Flybe home and away kits pitch up fairly regularly - there are some dubiously-priced ones with name/numbers on the back if you're happy to pay it and ignore the implication they might be match worn. There was even a packaged 2006 30th Anniversary shirt yellow limited edition one on there unopened the other week - which now is almost as rare as the yellow shirt the players actually wore that season which was never sold outside of 2007 and 2008s concourse sales.

I bought a long-sleeved adidas black away earlier this week on eBay with the tags still on for less than the launch price, and I couldn't even get one of those in the club shop after October of that season. (Those ones need to be a size bigger too, they're Formotion fitted, unlike the awful red home shirts which are "normal").

In fairness, Fleabay will be the best bet. I grew my collection over a few years by scouring Ebay, it is possible, i'm now just one shirt away from completing my desired collection. (Good condition Adult size 1984 home shirts seem to be as rare as rocking horse sh*t.)

Good luck.

Are you buying adult sizes or just anything?

I'd quite like one of these. :D

19160-zoom.jpg

Are some of them matchworn? Where do you stand on the 2006 yellow away shirt(s) situation?

I have a match spec Folly white away shirt, otherwise all replicas. And thanks to Ebay I own a medium 06 yellow shirt...... I do need to breath in a little but it fits.

Home shirts are my priority, but I have all aways since around 2001.

I have a match spec Folly white away shirt, otherwise all replicas. And thanks to Ebay I own a medium 06 yellow shirt...... I do need to breath in a little but it fits.

Home shirts are my priority, but I have all aways since around 2001.

So the '06 yellow shirt is the flybe version - do you have the not-actually-worn limited edition one? I have a medium of the Hummel Denmark, ditto. :D

So the '06 yellow shirt is the flybe version - do you have the not-actually-worn limited edition one? I have a medium of the Hummel Denmark, ditto. :D

Yes, I have one of both. I have two Hummels, the Pyjama one and the Striped one. Both in XL. With a few pies ingested they fit perfectly!

Just got a brand new with tags home shirt off of ebay. The guy selling them has a few left in various sizes (inc. M, L, XL). Really chuffed I found that actually as I missed the 50% off shirts in my size from the club.

Just a heads up as someone said they were struggling to find a shirt from this season.

Just got a brand new with tags home shirt off of ebay. The guy selling them has a few left in various sizes (inc. M, L, XL). Really chuffed I found that actually as I missed the 50% off shirts in my size from the club.

Just a heads up as someone said they were struggling to find a shirt from this season.

There are a few on there - I hope people know to go 1-2 sizes bigger or they'll be back on there a week or two later.

What about the yellow flame shirt from 1991' date=' is that an easily acquirable one? Only ask because I have one.[/quote']

It's not exactly rare and I see about one or two a month, but it's probably worth more than a new shirt on launch day - especially if the collar hasn't faded, which is a problem with those Admiral shirts.

Are you buying adult sizes or just anything?

I'd quite like one of these. :D

19160-zoom.jpg

That's away at Sheffield Wednesday in the 1984 FA cup quarter final. Remember it because the game was live on telly which was a rare thing in those days. We must only have worn that kit in that game as they were a 2nd division (championship) side in those days.

That's away at Sheffield Wednesday in the 1984 FA cup quarter final. Remember it because the game was live on telly which was a rare thing in those days. We must only have worn that kit in that game as they were a 2nd division (championship) side in those days.

PEDANT ALERT!!

:smug: