Has Tommy Forecast retired?

jawillwill

Last I heard he was at non-league Dartford, on loan from Chelmsford City. That's what wiki says, but it hasn't been updated since 2013 by the looks of it.Have looked at both those clubs official websites and no mention of him. Has he dropped down any further now? He must be approaching the peak of his career soon.

£4k a week? Hate to break it to you but 5 years on £200k isn't retirement territory in your mid twenties.

Buy a few terraced houses in a Student area, live off of their rental income. Can be done quite easily. A £120k house can easily yield £900 a week.

Last I heard he was at non-league Dartford, on loan from Chelmsford City. That's what wiki says, but it hasn't been updated since 2013 by the looks of it.Have looked at both those clubs official websites and no mention of him. Has he dropped down any further now? He must be approaching the peak of his career soon.

Why on earth are you interested?

Buy a few terraced houses in a Student area, live off of their rental income. Can be done quite easily. A £120k house can easily yield £900 a week.

How on earth that works I have no idea. There's really a £120K house that is worth £900 a week in rent?? If you mean month then sure. But week? I severely doubt that.

Presuming you mean £900 a month, can you let me know where in the UK I can get a yield like that.

£1m wages is £600k after tax.

He'd have easily ****ed half of that up the wall pretending to be a footballer.

How on earth that works I have no idea. There's really a £120K house that is worth £900 a week in rent?? If you mean month then sure. But week? I severely doubt that.

Too right, least not round Southampton. 6 bed student house rent about £2000 per month. I don't think a 6 bed house can be had for anything like £120k. Daughter was student in Soton until last year, in a 6 room shared house.

Going by what I know from property in my area, a £170k house rents for about £1kpm. £600k after tax, buy 3 houses, live in one and rent out two others. That leaves £90k spare, £18k a year or £1500 a month to pay the bills throughout his 5 year contract. Then £2kpm minus tax after his contract expires.

Baring in mind he wouldn't be paying any rent or mortgage, it's doable although hardly a luxurious lifestyle. I think the reality is more likely to be spending £150k on a super car which will depreciate by £100k over 5 years, booze, women, luxury holidays, 1st class flights, a messy divorce from an 18 y/o page 3 girl who turned out not to be his soul mate and a couple of super injunctions.

As for his sporting career, he played against me in a 5 a side game last Monday for a team called Brian Munich. We scored 8, despite only having 5 actual shots.

Going by what I know from property in my area, a £170k house rents for about £1kpm. £600k after tax, buy 3 houses, live in one and rent out two others. That leaves £90k spare, £18k a year or £1500 a month to pay the bills throughout his 5 year contract. Then £2kpm minus tax after his contract expires.

Baring in mind he wouldn't be paying any rent or mortgage, it's doable although hardly a luxurious lifestyle. I think the reality is more likely to be spending £150k on a super car which will depreciate by £100k over 5 years, booze, women, luxury holidays, 1st class flights, a messy divorce from an 18 y/o page 3 girl who turned out not to be his soul mate and a couple of super injunctions.

As for his sporting career, he played against me in a 5 a side game last Monday for a team called Brian Munich. We scored 8, despite only having 5 actual shots.

Chuckle!

Presuming you mean £900 a month, can you let me know where in the UK I can get a yield like that.

Oxford. My rent is extortionate, the house next to mine (same house) is on the market for £130,000 and I'm paying roughly £110 per week.

Also my favourite thing to do with Forecast is when playing football manager make two accounts, one managing spurs, flog Bale and then use all the money from Bale to buy Forecast. Its petty but fun.

I meant per month, of course, you are right. :) And try Coventry for 900 quid a month, a massive shortage of student property there, my old 120k Terrace now yields that for the landlord.

And yes, no doubt he wasted his money but had he been smart he would have invested in property and bought three houses for about 350k, rent them out for 800-900 per month and enjoy a 30k equivalent salary without any hassle.

Edited by Colinjb

Surely a thread analyzing the hypothetical real estate investments of a former player we don't like because he wasn't very good for us is about as pointless as things can get. (No one need try to prove me wrong by striving for even more pointlessness.)

Surely a thread analyzing the hypothetical real estate investments of a former player we don't like because he wasn't very good for us is about as pointless as things can get. (No one need try to prove me wrong by striving for even more pointlessness.)

Hardly pointless if it inspires a forum member into a lucrative sideline.

The insane money that such a redundant player made makes for a relevant discussion, amazing how some football clubs can provide a ridiculous living to those that simply do not justify it.

Yes indeed buy to lets are a good option if you have a spare £30k.

In three years ours went from 131,000 to 170,000 in value plus the £700 income on top of that.

After paying off the mortgage you still make 10k in 36 months plus 41k in house value.

That works out as making £1,400 a month on a property with the current rise in house value.

This is why I'm getting my 4th buy to let soon :)

Reckon we should start a consortium. Rodders and Boycy are keen, just need a few of you muckers to chip in with a couple of quid and we should be good to go. We could start off small buying a few cheap flats in crap areas like Portsmouth and before you know it we'll be the number one property tycoons in the South! This time next year we'll all be millionaires!

....do you mean his career of NOT being a goalkeeper. It seems that few people have ever seen him play, and many of those who did, either died of shock ...or laughter:lol: