Last 4 fixtures predictions

SNSUN

Sunderland vs Saints

Leicester vs Saints

Saints vs Aston Villa

Man City vs Saints

So a colleague asked me just now what our last 4 fixtures were, and how many points I'd take if offered now. I said that based on those fixtures, I'd take 8 points right now, though of course I think we're good enough to get more.

What do you lot think we'll get for the rest of the season, and what would you take if offered now?

Sunderland vs Saints W

Leicester vs Saints L

Saints vs Aston Villa W

Man City vs Saints D

7 Points. Leicester and Villa games will be very tough - both in form and scrapping. Obviously City away will be, and we never do particularly well at Sunderland...It all depends if the players can keep motivated to play at the top of their game. Wouldn't surprise me if the season petered out a bit and we didn't pick up many points from those 4.

Interesting to look at Spurs and Liverpool final fixtures and estimate their final total.

Seem to remember that their respective last few games are about on a par with ours, perhaps they have more home games though, all 3 clubs have one tough looking game left, Citeh for both us and Spurs and Chelsea for Liverpool.

Sunderland vs Saints W

Leicester vs Saints D

Saints vs Aston Villa D

Man City vs Saints W

Sunderland are fragile score early and we have enough guile to beat them.

Leicester is the funny one if they win the next 2 (yes they are playing the champions elect but strange things happen) they might lose the "we have nothing to lose gung-ho mentality" they seem to be playing with at the moment and we could catch em cold. Villa is another funny one will they have one eye on the cup being only 2 weeks away as a distraction or a motivation, Sherwood seems to have them ticking over nicely.

Man City seem to blow hot and cold, ageing team that looks like they could have very little to play for, so thoughts of flip flops and warm sun on their backs could slide into some of their heads.

We have Swansea to keep us honest as they are only 7 pts back with 12 on the table.

Sunderland vs Saints W

Leicester vs Saints D

Saints vs Aston Villa D

Man City vs Saints W

Sunderland are fragile score early and we have enough guile to beat them.

Leicester is the funny one if they win the next 2 (yes they are playing the champions elect but strange things happen) they might lose the "we have nothing to lose gung-ho mentality" they seem to be playing with at the moment and we could catch em cold. Villa is another funny one will they have one eye on the cup being only 2 weeks away as a distraction or a motivation, Sherwood seems to have them ticking over nicely.

Man City seem to blow hot and cold, ageing team that looks like they could have very little to play for, so thoughts of flip flops and warm sun on their backs could slide into some of their heads.

We have Swansea to keep us honest as they are only 7 pts back with 12 on the table.

Although City have everything to play for, the struggle for 2nd,3rd and 4th places will continue to the last minutes of the last round of games as likely as not, any slacking off will mean 4th place (and the qualifiers) at best and 5th place in a worst case scenario where Liverpool win all of their remaining five games .

I'd eat my hat if Swansea threatened. Swansea's remaining matches:

Stoke (h)

Arsenal (a)

City (h)

CP (a)

tough haul

As for us, I really want to be optimistic (10 points - 5th place - 67 points at the end):

Sunderland W (really need to roll them)

Leicester D (tricky game away)

Villa W (glad this is at home. Hoping Villa is safe by the time we play them, although it is the early game on Sat so they probably won't know for sure)

Man City W (hoping City has nothing to play for and has 2nd or 3rd locked up, regardless they are obviously not unbeatable)

I'd feel a whole lot better and more confident with Forster between the pipes.

all depends on whether the boys are up for it or not.

Can Ronald motivate a tiring squad? I do reckon so.

hope they're not planning their hols or getting their flip-flops on yet.

Sunderland are sh1te. Villa and Leicester will be tougher than normal. City will get a late winner, probably. Minimum 5 points.

Sunderland vs Saints W 3-0. We're on the up again, scoring goals, Sunderland would have been dreading that scenario. It won't be 8-0 again, but could be a few if we avoid arrogant expectations.

Leicester vs Saints D 1-1. A tricky one as Leicester are fighting hard. We'll need to be ready for a scrap.

Saints vs Aston Villa W 2-1. If Jose/Toby can control their rejuvenated strikers, we should manage a win, though Sherwood will have done his homework on us so it'll be a nervous rollercoaster of a game.

Man City vs Saints L 1-3. End of season party type game. Man City won't want to end the season with a home defeat.

So, 7 points according to my predictions. Haven't tried to predict Liverpool/Spurs results yet, so no idea how we'll end up.

Hopefully 6th or 5th.

COYS!