Man City away

Unlikely. All the games will kick off at the same time, so whether Sky pick our game or not doesn't really matter, other than perhaps persuading a few people not to bother going, but if it's picked for TV, that would surely be because there's something riding on the game.

I assume the ticket office are working out how to spend the remainder of the Away Fan Fund, but they might not know exactly how much is left until Friday when the last of the travel club seats are sold for the Sunderland trip.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else having a train-related nightmare due to the pending strike on the Monday?

Cos we sure as hell are. Hotel booked for Sat and Sunday night, train back due to be 2pm on Monday but already no services on Cross-Country from Manchester or on Virgin all day Monday or Tuesday, and despite the tickets now being valid on the Sunday or the Wednesday (and tickets being valid for pretty much any route on the Monday itself), they suggest travelling "the day before at a similar time to that on the ticket" - which of course is slap bang in the middle of the match, not to mention the hotel booking for the Sunday night being non-refundable.

We could get the train ticket back and get flights, but that's an extra £120. Which is about twice what we paid in the first place.

So... hoping for the strike getting pulled, or we're going to be stuck... somewhere... on Monday.

EDIT: Strike Cancelled. :)

Edited by The9

Too many daft sods in orange t-shirts and wigs for my liking. Had none of them noticed we'd already sort-of half failed to do the orange thing at St Mary's already?

FWIW, though my train wasn't cancelled, I don't recommend the FIVE HOUR direct journey from Southampton to Manchester Piccadilly to anyone. Cross-Country train broke down before it even got to Parkway, then broke down again between Stockport and Piccadilly, leaving us about a mile from the terminal for half an hour. I think they got a donkey with a bit of rope to do the last bit. :o

Too many daft sods in orange t-shirts and wigs for my liking. Had none of them noticed we'd already sort-of half failed to do the orange thing at St Mary's already?

FWIW, though my train wasn't cancelled, I don't recommend the FIVE HOUR direct journey from Southampton to Manchester Piccadilly to anyone. Cross-Country train broke down before it even got to Parkway, then broke down again between Stockport and Piccadilly, leaving us about a mile from the terminal for half an hour. I think they got a donkey with a bit of rope to do the last bit. :o

Well United had to give Falcao something to do this season...