Song for Little Bournemouth

Essruu

To the tune of 'She'll be coming round the mountain...' (They'll love it)

D'you remember rattling buckets, you were broke

D'you remember rattling buckets, remember rattling buckets,

If you put money in them buckets, clap your hands [clap clap}

If you put money in them buckets, money on them buckets,

If it wasn't for Southampton, you'd be fücked

If it wasn't for Southampton, wasn't for Southampton

You'll forever be our little fückìng *****

You'll forever be our little, forever be our little,

Southampton (clap clap clap)

1) We've been hours away from going out of business. I don't think it's a good idea to start mocking other clubs about having been in that same situation as they could quite easily sing it back to us.

2) I don't think we kept them in business or anything. I know we helped out a bit but I don't think we saved them.

3) That song has too many verses to remember.

4) The song is a bit gay (gay in the ridiculous sense, not the homosexual sense, though there is a bit of that).

One South coast derby

There's only one South coast derby

One South coast derby

There's only one South coast derby

Worked well enough last time when they got all excited about playing us.

I'll personally give £10 to everyone who doesn't predictably sing "I've got a shed" when we play there.

Some of you lot seem hell-bent on stirring up a grudge match with songs like that, it's a bit lame and it makes us look tinpot. Try and save the hate for the clubs that really deserve it.

When did the tribal aspect of football disappear then? Are we now supposed to politely clap and give three cheers for teams and their fans that come to SMS part of the fun of football, surely, is a bit of banter between the fans. I don't see why Bournemouth should get treated anymore politely than any other visiting team.

Well done Bournemouth. Love it. Looking forward to playing them home and away next season and hope they go well. But not against us. Likeable Manager and club, players with close links with us, drink in the same pubs out West in the Forest as well no doubt. No sense in stirring the pot with them. Save all the invective for the knuckle draggers down the other way. Now there's a club that everyone should hate, and we get first dibs. They must absolutely hate it that both Bournemouth and us are in the EPL and they have spunked everything away like the losers they are.

When did the tribal aspect of football disappear then? Are we now supposed to politely clap and give three cheers for teams and their fans that come to SMS part of the fun of football, surely, is a bit of banter between the fans. I don't see why Bournemouth should get treated anymore politely than any other visiting team.

I think the tribal aspect got watered down when people stopped living in tribes and actually started moving around a bit and met people from other parts of the country. It's harder to go to war with your enemy when they sit in the cube next to you at work.

If I could open my arms

And span the length of the isle of Manhattan,

I'd bring it to where you are

Making a lake of the East River and Hudson

If I could open my mouth

Wide enough for a marching band to march out

They would make your name sing

And bend through alleys and bounce off all the buildings.

I wish we could open our eyes

To see in all directions at the same time

Oh what a beautiful view

If you were never aware of what was around you

And it is true what you said

That I live like a hermit in my own head

But when the sun shines again

I'll pull the curtains and blinds to let the light in.

Some of the congratulations from saints fans has been a nit cringeworthy, Bournemouth sing about hating us and refer to us as scummers so lets not wish them too well.

Great achievement by Howe and his players but I hope we thrash them twice next season to remind them of their place. Have seen run ins with Bournemouth fans at Waterloo back in the days when their core home support was about 4k, no doubt they'll sell out every game next season and the half / half scarf sellers will do a roaring trade.

It's nice to think that there is still romance in football, and if a funny little club from sunny little Bournemouth can get to second place in the Championship it gives hope to the likes of Aldershot and Eastleigh. We should give them the welcome they deserve at SMS, a seaside town up until recently only famous for geriatrics and exiled scouse benefit scrongers, now briefly in the big time. Like Michael Barrymore at the end of the pier...

No grudges against Bournemouth at all.

They took their punishments including a -10 pt deduction which led to relegation to L2 and then starting out in L2 on -17 pts, plus a transfer embargo, plus having 2 yrs to pay of the CVA of 10p in the pound.

A certain other club to the east of us should take note of how this all worked out. No mega Parachute handouts to bail them out, but plenty of Bucket Rattling and acts of friendship from the likes of us in playing a friendly (not for the 1st time to help out) and have come out the other side much like us in much better shape.

And in their manager Eddie Howe, they have one of the brightest prospects in the league, and a man who has featured top of our owns fans wish list each time a vacancy has opened up in recent years.

They are scoring goals for fun in The Championship, obviously it will be differnt in The Prem, but I wish them all the best.

Don't feel the rivalry a minority of our fans have. I can understand there are plenty of their fans who would like to rival us and I have no problem with that. I think it's understandable, a bit like Scottish and Welsh fans wanting to get one over on England, when many English fans wish them well.

Bitter rivalry is generally for the party with the lower status, bit cringey when the side on top starts to get insecure enough to start having a problem with the lower team.

Going back a few years, I recall a number of people (on here) made fun of the suggestion that Saints v. Bournemouth was a derby game....(when we were both in L1).

I also recall the discussion revolved around...what constitutes a derby game?...and should that be judged by (1)..geographical distances or (2) historical games played.

Surprisingly we did play Bournemouth quite often in the 1950's ...I can recall when both sides were in Div.3 (S) / Div.3. and must have played close to 20 times.(?)

Pompey have always been regarded as " the old enemy "....but given the several decades they were in the old Div.1 (pre WW2) we probably didn't play so often either. I can recall several occasions in the 1960's when we (literally) battled with them - until our 1966 promotion, and of course a few times more recently.

It's fair say that those meetings must tally closer to 30-or so games by now.......but so for most fans .....it's always been derbies v. Pompey.

However, if Bournemouth are good enough to survive a season or more in the Prem... then we might have to re-think our definitions of " derby games ", as it's extremely unlikely that Saints and Pompey will meet again in the League ....in the near future.

Note. Geographically speaking, I can only guess the precise distances between SMS ....and Fratton Park / alternative / whatever Dean Court is called nowadays.

Although with the income from the Prem. in the offing for AFC.....they might call their stadium .. Golden Sands ..:smug:

Some of you lot seem hell-bent on stirring up a grudge match with songs like that, it's a bit lame and it makes us look tinpot. Try and save the hate for the clubs that really deserve it.

If you have been to any recent SFC v AFC fixtures then you'd know just how keen some of their more excitable fans are to turn this situation into a proper local grudge match - I remember SFC supporters getting dogs abuse at Dean Court a few seasons ago.

Nevertheless - well done to them. They have one of the best young managers in the game and I hope their fans - a much more common sight in Poole and Bmth than ever before surprisingly - enjoy the season or two they might spend playing in the PL.

Some of you have very short memories. Acting all 'we're such a big club, Bournemouth are small and pointless' despite the fact we were in League 1 and going out of business not long ago. They've done amazing to get to the Prem, and have the same manager who got them out of League 2 from -17 points! How anyone can begrudge them or try to build up hatred for them now they're rivals is pathetic.

Some of you sound like the new breed of Chelsea and Man City fans who only remember the recent success, and they are scum. Don't become like them. Rise above it and congratulate a team on reaching the top flight for the first time ever.

Well done Bournemouth!

Small town in southampton, you're just a small town in southampton

Clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap clap

Wow, how long did it take you to think that one up? Absolute genius, doesn't make you sound pathetic at all! Take a bow.

As the Bompey lot seem to love the idea that being indifferent to them is somehow patronising, we may as well just give them what they want (to the tune of Pompey fan on a string):

"Little Bournemouth trying their best

Little Bournemouth trying their best"

This'll be especially good in response to an approving round of applause for a tough tackle on one of our players (especially if we're a goal or two up at the time).

I think personally we should get this song going.

I believe that we will win

They sing it all the time in the USA and sounds really cool.

Also maybe get going....

"Let's go Southampton, Let go!"

These are better than the usual tripe we sing.

Don't forget:

"The whole stadium sings with us!"

Spot on

Some of you have very short memories. Acting all 'we're such a big club, Bournemouth are small and pointless' despite the fact we were in League 1 and going out of business not long ago. They've done amazing to get to the Prem, and have the same manager who got them out of League 2 from -17 points! How anyone can begrudge them or try to build up hatred for them now they're rivals is pathetic.

Some of you sound like the new breed of Chelsea and Man City fans who only remember the recent success, and they are scum. Don't become like them. Rise above it and congratulate a team on reaching the top flight for the first time ever.

Well done Bournemouth!

I think personally we should get this song going.

They sing it all the time in the USA and sounds really cool.

Also maybe get going....

"Let's go Southampton, Let go!"

These are better than the usual tripe we sing.

F*ck me sideways, I hope this is a joke.