Leicester vs SAINTS Build Up Thread

nta786

Looks like we need another one :lol:

Anyways, can only see a loss right now- just devoid of confidence unfortunately- but I'm gonna go for a draw or a tight Leicester win.

Davis

Clyne Fonte Toby Bertrand

Reed Wanyama

Davis Mane Tadic

Pelle

Bench: Gazzaniga, Gardos, Yoshida, Targett, Elia, Djuricic, Long

This as the team- Koeman needs to put Toby back in defence- I don't care if he is experimenting for next season to see what a back 4 without Toby looks like.

Prediction: 1-1/2-1 to Leicester

On the original thread I said that I thought we'd get tonked, and 24 hours on I still feel the same unfortunately. I can see Nugent scoring, just to really hack me off, hate to say it but worse defeat of the season, 4 - 0 Leicester. Dreading it!

Don't see why we can't get a result here. Leicester have improved but are nothing amazing.

I don't get the logic of people who can only see another defeat. We're playing well below our best but that's the whole point of form, it's temporary and will always change sooner or later. Back in December we'd just lost 5 in a row, most recently at Sheff Utd in the cup, before that Burnley in the League. Then we went and comprehensively beat Everton, without Wanyama and Morgan present.

It's hard to pick a team when nobody really looks like they want a place. I'd probably go with:

Davis

Clyne - Fonte - Yoshi - Bertrand

Wanyama - Toby

Long - Mane - Tadic

Pelle

Depending on any groan injuries obviously.

If Koeman is unsure about our loan ins, he should take this opportunity to play them at 90+ minutes. Clearly, Leicester is in such good form that we have lost already.

-----------Davis

Clyne-Fonte-Toby-Bertrand

---------Vic--Davis

Djurcic---Tadic---Elia

-----------Mane

Gazz, Gardos, Yoshida, Reed, Hesketh, Long, Pelle

Defend and hope to counter with all the speed that the front 4 can muster.

Don't see why we can't get a result here. Leicester have improved but are nothing amazing.

I don't get the logic of people who can only see another defeat. We're playing well below our best but that's the whole point of form, it's temporary and will always change sooner or later. Back in December we'd just lost 5 in a row, most recently at Sheff Utd in the cup, before that Burnley in the League. Then we went and comprehensively beat Everton, without Wanyama and Morgan present.

It's hard to pick a team when nobody really looks like they want a place. I'd probably go with:

Davis

Clyne - Fonte - Yoshi - Bertrand

Wanyama - Toby

Long - Mane - Tadic

Pelle

Depending on any groan injuries obviously.

All down to us really - depends on our attitude and approach - if RK reminds the lads they are not on their hols yet we should win, but if they turn out in their sandals and Hawaiian shirts we are toast!

we cant lose this. Leicester are on a hell of a run and this league is a cruel place and these runs by teams outside of the top 4 or so just do not go on for that long.

a big criticism of last season was how we ran out of steam at the end. Lets not have history repeat itself

Which team wants the win the most ? Leicester, surely. Which team has most at stake ? Leicester. Leicester will make the extra yard, be prepared to go into crunching tackles. Our players will want to avoid an injury just before their holidays. Also, are they really bothered about qualification for the Europa Cup ? Is the club that bothered ?

All points to a Leicester win unless RK can motivate them and sting the Saints into a reply after the Sunderland result.

I think next Saturday will pretty much decide who finishes 6th and 7th, between us and Spurs. If we can manage a win at Leicester and Spurs fail to beat Stoke, or even a draw at Leicester and Spurs lose, this will be the finishing position.

I think we will both win our final home games and lose on the final day.

It would be much more fun to watch Villa win the cup and Spurs not make Europe. Only thing better than this would be playing Villa the week before the cup final, when they were safe!

If we lose and Swansea win, they'll have a good chance of stealing 7th

Cannot see Swansea winning at Arsenal, who are looking to secure 2nd or 3rd. They also have Man City at home, which of course they could win, depending on which City side turn up, but again a city side fighting for 2nd or 3rd over their rivals, which they could secure with a win in this game.

Edited by Dr Who?

If we lose and Swansea win, they'll have a good chance of stealing 7th

Also only think Swansea will get 3 maybe 4 points, which will not be enough on its own. I think we will beat Villa and maybe get a point at Leicester, if not all 3.

But have a terrible feeling that Villa will win the cup, so we need 6th.

we cant lose this. Leicester are on a hell of a run and this league is a cruel place and these runs by teams outside of the top 4 or so just do not go on for that long.

a big criticism of last season was how we ran out of steam at the end. Lets not have history repeat itself

We got 7 points from our last three games last season.

In fact, I'd take that now.

I think next Saturday will pretty much decide who finishes 6th and 7th, between us and Spurs. If we can manage a win at Leicester and Spurs fail to beat Stoke, or even a draw at Leicester and Spurs lose, this will be the finishing position.

I think we will both win our final home games and lose on the final day.

It would be much more fun to watch Villa win the cup and Spurs not make Europe. Only thing better than this would be playing Villa the week before the cup final, when they were safe!

We only have 1 home game left

Davis

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

Reed Wanyama

Davis Mane Tadic

Pelle

Can see us winning this one actually, Elia for Tadic if his groin is still playing up. Mane must start in the middle. 2-0 Saints.

Davis

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Reed

Djuricic

Davis

Mane

Pelle

If RK tries Wanyama/Alderweireld in midfield with Yoshida at CB again, we will lose as it doesn't work. I would alos hope not to see Long play again this season unless Koeman goes for a system that involves two up front and even then I think I would prefer Mané next to Pelle.

Davis

Clyne

Fonte

Toby

Bertrand

Reed

Djuricic

Davis

Mane

Pelle

If RK tries Wanyama/Alderweireld in midfield with Yoshida at CB again, we will lose as it doesn't work. I would alos hope not to see Long play again this season unless Koeman goes for a system that involves two up front and even then I think I would prefer Mané next to Pelle.

Don't think we have any idea if Djuricic is up to it, but probably a good time to find out.

Reed is certainly worth a start, although I'd still have VW in there, can he paly so badly two weeks in a row ?

Surely our loan players will be back and could be considered for the squad. Just depends whether they'll be used thru this week in training where they might show some positives.

Surely our loan players will be back and could be considered for the squad. Just depends whether they'll be used thru this week in training where they might show some positives.

Don't think it works like that at all. Newcastle have already tried it.http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/current/match/scores/live.html

Not that any of them are any much use anyway, barring Boruc of course and there's no chance of him ever playing for us again.

Edited by Window Cleaner

If Tadic is out too and we're that short up front then I think it's time to take a risk on Rodriguez. Yeah maybe 2 weeks training isn't much but if he wants out it'll help to show he's still got it, plus a Rodriguez lacking match sharpness is still better than some of our attacking options.

Rodriguez/Pelle/Mane, if not v Leicester then certainly home to Villa.

I suspect JRod would have been given a run out in the U21s tonight if there was a chance of him figuring at the weekend.

If Tadic is out too and we're that short up front then I think it's time to take a risk on Rodriguez. Yeah maybe 2 weeks training isn't much but if he wants out it'll help to show he's still got it, plus a Rodriguez lacking match sharpness is still better than some of our attacking options.

Sheer madness.

Unavailable this weekend: Forster, Schneiderlin, JWP, Rodriguez, Tadic, Mayuka, Mane? (left the last game with an injury)

-------------K. Davis-------------

Clyne---Fonte----Yoshida---Bertrand

-----Wanyama---Alderweireld-------

S. Davis----Djuricic---------Elia

---------------Pelle--------------

Bench: Gazzaniga, Gardos, Targett, Reed, Hesketh, Seager, Long

Others available: Cropper, McCarthy, Gape, Rowe, McQueen, Sinclair, Gallagher

Considering RK's choices, I understand using Toby in the Midfield. Given the choice, would you start Long or Yoshida?

Start Yoshida and you have Long to come off the bench. Start Long and chances are very high that only youth will come off the bench.

If Mane is available, start Toby at CB. S. Davis at holding Mid.

Depth is concerning, especially considering we need points.

Hoping we can finish this season off with some good performances and a small slice of luck...

id like to see

Davis

Clyne Fonte Alderweireld Bertrand

Davis Wanyama

Long Mane Tadic

Pelle

With the 3 midfielders pushing up a bit more to support Pelle with the long balls we love booting up to him.

If Davis isn't suited then chuck in Reed

Anyway - Saints to win 3-1 ( Pelle, Wanyama & Mane )

Why would you risk him if he's not ready? Just increases the chances of him getting injured again. Luckily Koeman and his staff aren't so shortsighted.

Harsh on Gardos I think

I've expected more from Gardos to be honest, and I think the club probably feel the same. I think he was brought in to be a regular player for us (especially for a £6m outlay), but Yoshida has pipped him to the 3rd choice. He's still young...but he just looks clumsy, error prone and rash at this moment.