Top 5 on SWF

The Kraken

Here is Kraken's list. It's all about opinions, obvs.

1) Bearsy. I love the Bear, he's my favourite by a distance.

2) CB Fry. Knowledgeable and cracks me up.

3) Turkish. Knows what's what, full stop.

4) rallyboy. A literary genius.

5) pap. He seems a good lad and is totally self deprecating, which is a strong trait in my book.

Sometimes I think about paying my fiver and getting back amongst the fold properly again. These chaps are amoongst the reasons why.

:lol::toppa::badger: to them.

Muppets, care to share?

Thanks, Kraken - although you're giving me far too much credit with this self-deprecation lark. It's merely the logical antidote to occasionally being an arsehole. Pure self interest.

Even though I can't stand his views, Pap is up there. Puts himself forward to be shot down and does not give a shyt what so ever. Does not hide behind the 'keyboard' so to speak.

Just a shame he is a fuking loon :lol:

Don't think I have seen much of Rallyboy. Genius should not go unnoticed though.

Agree all the others are good although don't see Turkish around much.

And not sure what ' knowing what's what' really means

Don't think I have seen much of Rallyboy. Genius should not go unnoticed though.

Agree all the others are good although don't see Turkish around much.

And not sure what ' knowing what's what' really means

If you're not an avid reader of SaintsWeb's simultaneously most popular and smalltime thread, the Pompey Takeover Saga, chances are you won't see Rallyboy in the wild.

I'm always a little bit humbled when I appear on one of these lists, particularly when people give spot-on reasons for doing so. I always thought Kraks was a fair poster, even during some of our wilder discussions, so the approbation from that source is valued.

For me, bletch is king in this court. His word is law, and he has a way of defusing things that is both reasonable and laugh out loud amusing. He's also one of the best writers on this site. I like the Bear a lot too; brilliantly honest and disarming in a different way, the constant reminder to not take stuff too seriously. Again, a top writer. Turks wearied me in the early days, and still does a little bit, but he does a fine job and he's magnanimous enough to acknowledge it when one of my tart quips actually turns out to be funny. Jonnyboy has a fine stock in trade with knee-cutting brevity. I'd be lying if I didn't say I didn't enjoy some of CB Fry's content, although I wouldn't put him in charge of club ambition or management selection :)

Special mentions have to go out to trousers, temporarily blinded by the tribalism of the election season, but again, a bit of a heartbeat on this site, and is a humble enough fellow to concede a point. bridge too far for her frequent "trousers containment" (ooh, err, missus). buctootim for services rendered to remote medical diagnosis. Coxford Lou for being the girl who made many of the recent meetups happen, with her girliness and whatever. Goatboy is now one of my faves because of that (and his drinking ability). Saint_Armstrong and stevegrant for publicising my Twitter work to a wider audience :) St. Chalet for his trigger-finger moderation, and humourous retractions. All of the mods for turning a blind eye to the swear filter subversion, and boy, has it been subverted. VFTT, because even though he lay the nasty-hammer on people (including moi, yo), I reckon he's fair-minded overall and again, a humble chap when humility is called for. He just won't suffer fools when he feels it isn't. Ludwig for never suffering anyone :)

Speaking of fairness, I reckon you deserve a mention on that front, whelk. Still not a fan of the Hector Salamanca avatar :)

What's with the pap love in?

Gross.

Also, KRG.

Don't disagree with him much, but what with SaintAndy666 wasting his life in Oxbridge and shít, he is Young Poster of The Lounge atm.

SarniaSaint is my poster of the year. Skin thicker than a Blue Whale and he just keeps going. Bearsy just because. Whitey because no matter how much cr*p you read it is always good to read something by someone who has been around as long as he has to put things into perspective (not that I am that much far behind). There is then a group of posters like Viking Warrior, KRG, Gemmel, Old Nick and a few more who have been incredibly supportive behind the scenes at times for me through the year. It is good to know with all the one upmanship and smartarseness that goes on that people do to the time to listen and to reach out when you need some support or advice. Finally it has been fun watching Coxford Lou toy with the other Muppets and wrap them around her little finger!

It is an interesting forum and covers many different areas. My only issues is that it gets a bit too personal at times but having dipped into some others it is certainly no worse. Long may it run!

SarniaSaint is my poster of the year. Skin thicker than a Blue Whale and he just keeps going. Bearsy just because. Whitey because no matter how much cr*p you read it is always good to read something by someone who has been around as long as he has to put things into perspective (not that I am that much far behind). There is then a group of posters like Viking Warrior, KRG, Gemmel, Old Nick and a few more who have been incredibly supportive behind the scenes at times for me through the year. It is good to know with all the one upmanship and smartarseness that goes on that people do to the time to listen and to reach out when you need some support or advice. Finally it has been fun watching Coxford Lou toy with the other Muppets and wrap them around her little finger!

It is an interesting forum and covers many different areas. My only issues is that it gets a bit too personal at times but having dipped into some others it is certainly no worse. Long may it run!

poof.

Still not a fan of the Hector Salamanca avatar :)

Must confess I don't know how to change it on Tapatalk.

Good summary of the others. Bletch stands out as very composed on the election thread.

If you're not an avid reader of SaintsWeb's simultaneously most popular and smalltime thread, the Pompey Takeover Saga, chances are you won't see Rallyboy in the wild.

I'm always a little bit humbled when I appear on one of these lists, particularly when people give spot-on reasons for doing so. I always thought Kraks was a fair poster, even during some of our wilder discussions, so the approbation from that source is valued.

For me, bletch is king in this court. His word is law, and he has a way of defusing things that is both reasonable and laugh out loud amusing. He's also one of the best writers on this site. I like the Bear a lot too; brilliantly honest and disarming in a different way, the constant reminder to not take stuff too seriously. Again, a top writer. Turks wearied me in the early days, and still does a little bit, but he does a fine job and he's magnanimous enough to acknowledge it when one of my tart quips actually turns out to be funny. Jonnyboy has a fine stock in trade with knee-cutting brevity. I'd be lying if I didn't say I didn't enjoy some of CB Fry's content, although I wouldn't put him in charge of club ambition or management selection :)

Special mentions have to go out to trousers, temporarily blinded by the tribalism of the election season, but again, a bit of a heartbeat on this site, and is a humble enough fellow to concede a point. bridge too far for her frequent "trousers containment" (ooh, err, missus). buctootim for services rendered to remote medical diagnosis. Coxford Lou for being the girl who made many of the recent meetups happen, with her girliness and whatever. Goatboy is now one of my faves because of that (and his drinking ability). Saint_Armstrong and stevegrant for publicising my Twitter work to a wider audience :) St. Chalet for his trigger-finger moderation, and humourous retractions. All of the mods for turning a blind eye to the swear filter subversion, and boy, has it been subverted. VFTT, because even though he lay the nasty-hammer on people (including moi, yo), I reckon he's fair-minded overall and again, a humble chap when humility is called for. He just won't suffer fools when he feels it isn't. Ludwig for never suffering anyone :)

Speaking of fairness, I reckon you deserve a mention on that front, whelk. Still not a fan of the Hector Salamanca avatar :)

Never mind all this....I want to know Pap's bottom 5 !!

Nice one Pap, anyone you missed? Anyone at all?

Yeah, of course, Tokyo. I had a whole bit on how I admired you and UJ for usually slinking off to a corner when I go on one of my regular rants about landlords, but then I had a better idea.

I wondered what if I just omit the pair of them? Which will be first to bítch? Now I know. Telling, Tokes, telling.

Ahem.

Ah, how could I neglect Super Michael, Young Poster of the Lounge atm?

Just like KRG.

tbh, you're both knocking it out of the park with some of your posts. Your styles complement each other. KRG is heart-on-his-sleeve and responsive. Your stuff is more considered these days. The pair of you demonstrate wisdom beyond your years.

Bone up though, boys. SaintAndy666-Zilla-Shoggoth (as-he-shall-be-known) will rise from the depths of his education, get a job he'll batter, leaving plenty of free time to destroy the likes of you, me, and everyone else on this forum.

No apologies for Japanese monster movie or Lovecraftian references. These are the end times, so take the praise while it comes.

In three or four years, when SaintAndy666-Zilla-Shoggoth (as-he-shall-be-known) has a job which pays him uber-cash for minimal SaintAndy666-Zilla-Shoggoth (as-he-shall-be-known) effort, we is all doomed, people.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Yeah, of course, Tokyo. I had a whole bit on how I admired you and UJ for usually slinking off to a corner when I go on one of my regular rants about landlords, but then I had a better idea.

I wondered what if I just omit the pair of them? Which will be first to bítch? Now I know. Telling, Tokes, telling.

What do I win?

Here is Kraken's list. It's all about opinions, obvs.

1) Bearsy. I love the Bear, he's my favourite by a distance.

2) CB Fry. Knowledgeable and cracks me up.

3) Turkish. Knows what's what, full stop.

4) rallyboy. A literary genius.

5) pap. He seems a good lad and is totally self deprecating, which is a strong trait in my book.

Sometimes I think about paying my fiver and getting back amongst the fold properly again. These chaps are amoongst the reasons why.

:lol::toppa::badger: to them.

Muppets, care to share?

Does no-one love B-Tripz anymore??

I am trying to be constructive and positive. That's why even the jabs in that missive were light left-handers :)

Ha. See how tricky it is when you start making a list. Mine got so long as I didn't want to leave anyone out! Everyone ends up offended.

You have become the new 'everyone wants to be on your list' person...

Oh the irony.

After all my feminist ranting, saintsweb perception of me is of 'girlishness' and 'wrapping men round my finger'.

I clearly need to up my contributions to sporty topics and serious threads like the general election one. Groan.

Ha. See how tricky it is when you start making a list. Mine got so long as I didn't want to leave anyone out! Everyone ends up offended.

You have become the new 'everyone wants to be on your list' person...

I think there is nowt wrong with celebrating the virtues of other posters. It's a shame when someone gets left off, such as dear bTripz (who I think I had a hand in re-branding) who has consistently been a top muppet over the years. As you've evidently taken the hump (women, eh? :D) at previous descriptions (my own included) allow me to take a conciliatory second stab. I like the way you try to keep the peace. Fighting a rising tide, but I like it regardless.

Oh the irony.

After all my feminist ranting, saintsweb perception of me is of 'girlishness' and 'wrapping men round my finger'.

I clearly need to up my contributions to sporty topics and serious threads like the general election one. Groan.

You really need to change that avatar :)

I think there is nowt wrong with celebrating the virtues of other posters. It's a shame when someone gets left off, such as dear bTripz (who I think I had a hand in re-branding) who has consistently been a top muppet over the years. As you've evidently taken the hump (women, eh? :D) at previous descriptions (my own included) allow me to take a conciliatory second stab. I like the way you try to keep the peace. Fighting a rising tide, but I like it regardless.

I don't really take the hump! It was just ironic ;)

:thumbup: i love everyone. Especially Krakens tho, I had to work really hard to get krakens onside, his originally position was that i (bearsy) was massive dumbass and he (krakens) didn't understand why anyone (everyone else) tolerated this (bearsy) try-hard bumhole or something like that :thumbup:

:thumbup: i love everyone. Especially Krakens tho, I had to work really hard to get krakens onside, his originally position was that i (bearsy) was massive dumbass and he (krakens) didn't understand why anyone (everyone else) tolerated this (bearsy) try-hard bumhole or something like that :thumbup:

I still hold that view, just have less time and posts per 24hrs to enforce the view with trolling and slights on your personality.

That was in the days when you insisted that you ended all threads. Ah, the cub days, watching you scamper about, shít on people's threads (in nicest possible way) and confuse people.

:toppa: with retrospect, i concede that kraken may have had a point. As I recall in any case, after kraken tore me new bumhole on the frm, he come crawling back next day, and was like all, sorry b., sorry bout yesterday, i was all emotions cos i just found out i got aids from bumming next door's cat, or something like that, we forget the details. It was definitely something like that tho :thumbup: