Djuricic

St Lej

Been interesting to read people's view on him, but mine are pretty straight forward - he's a total nothing player.

It's easy to "look pretty useful" when you're coming on in a losing cause against poor sides who are going to sit back and hang on their lead, meaning he will get a few touches and see a fair bit of the ball.

However, the thing is....is he likely to actually ever DO anything that will contribute to any kind of positive results or to Saints working their way back into a game such as this? The game changing passes, scoring a goal, a brilliant through ball etc, even any kind of assist, a corner right on someone's head. So far, we've seen absolutely none of any of these things.

Tadic, even though has gone off the boil this season, has had several match winning/defining moments for us this season, something I'm pretty sure Djuricic will not do. He's barely even premier league standard (Hull, Burnley level at best) with what he offers. A quick look at his career history so far also backs up the suggestion that he is not prem level. A total waste of a signing who looks neat and tidy but offers absolutely nothing.

I was staggered that the asking price is supposedly 10m for him if (god forbid) we try to make his deal permanant. I wouldn't even pay 5m.

I'm not making him any kind of scapegoat, i'm just saying that to me he seemed a bizarre signing from the start and is just wasting a squad place. He is supposedly our "creative" reserve when Tadic isn't playing, but the key point here is....He creates nothing

He was arguably our best player when he came on. Some nay say that isn't saying much though.... :)

This. By far our most effective player today in the twenty minutes or whatever it was he was on for.

He definitely brought something a bit different today, busy player, was looking for through balls, increased the tempo of passes around the box. Went looking for the ball which was something the rest of them didn't do. Would like to see him given a chance to start against Villa with Long and/or Mane making a few runs across the back line today and actually occupying the CB's. Think he could inflict a bit of damage in those circumstances.

Personally he's no better than Gaston

a fair assessment IMHO.

If he was available on a free transfer, I'd say ... take a chance, BUT a longer spell of injury and just few sub.apps and no goals is no sort of recommendation.

We seem to have a number of " impressive-looking midfielders ", few of whom can get a shot on target, let alone find the back of the net...so what's different?

We didn't need ANOTHER midfielder in January... but an extra striker. Pelle was getting a lot of stick, but little support. Tadic should have done more, but flopped after a good start.

If on form, he's just like Davis but does not defend as much. Of course this could be good when we attack, but the role of our midfield in covering for the full-backs and pressing is important, and he does seem to trot rather than run. Davis might be having a hospital run but one thing he always does is balance the team.

Anyway Benfica will not let him go for free, so I don't think it's worth considering him for next year.

Gaston is better than him, and I wouldn't be fussed if we got rid of him.

That position is such an important one in a 4231 formation, and we haven't found a solution yet. I don't think it's Tadic's best position, and Davis doesn't offer enough going forward.

Davis looked better last year, mainly due to the fact he was a key part of the press, and he just dropped the ball off to Lallana/Rickie/JRod, for them to do something more creative.

Struggling at the moment.

Ramirez has done it in Serie A, looked good initially for saints and plays for a top international side. Even while erratic and frustrating he can make things happen.

djuricic has done nothing at saints, Benicia or Mainz. A few nice touches but no actual impact is not enough. Really poor signing and wish we'd been able to keep Ramirez instead, or just play a youth team player. Really hope we don't sign him.

You've got a real hard-on for him, don't you.

Ramirez has done it in Serie A, looked good initially for saints and plays for a top international side. Even while erratic and frustrating he can make things happen.

djuricic has done nothing at saints, Benicia or Mainz. A few nice touches but no actual impact is not enough. Really poor signing and wish we'd been able to keep Ramirez instead, or just play a youth team player. Really hope we don't sign him.

He did look good initially, then stopped looking good, stopped being effective and was deemed not good enough by the club so loaned to Hull. At Hull he hasn't looked any better, he hasn't even looked the best player in their team when he has played. Gaston isn't the answer to our problems.

Gaston has had numerous opportunities and done very very little. I can only remember Djuricic starting in one game (Liverppol at home) and I thought he was our best player. Could have had 2 penalties, looked lively and in the second half when we were struggling to break down liverpool's back 5 he played one through ball to Elia (who obviously ****ed it up) that nobody else in our team could play

I think you gave written him off too early, simply because he hasn't been given a proper chance here yet

Djuricic hasn't done nearly enough to earn a permanent deal. We should be looking at fresh targets.

I wasn't encouraged when he chose to go down looking for a penalty 30 seconds into his debut against Liverpool when clean through on goal. Showed a complete lack of confidence in his own ability to score, and in his appearances since then, there's been no cutting edge to his game.

He did look good initially, then stopped looking good, stopped being effective and was deemed not good enough by the club so loaned to Hull. At Hull he hasn't looked any better, he hasn't even looked the best player in their team when he has played. Gaston isn't the answer to our problems.

Poch barely gave him a chance last season. Still remember that superb pass to Lallana against West Brom and his Debut against Villa, he makes things happen when on form, useful player.

Poch barely gave him a chance last season. Still remember that superb pass to Lallana against West Brom and his Debut against Villa, he makes things happen when on form, useful player.

2 games out of 50 odd. I was hoping his loan this year would establish him in the PL, but he can't even get in Hull's team. Get shot asap, his wages could be used on someone far more useful. We'll take a huge loss on his and Osvalod's transfer fee's, but in one way it's a lesson that so-called 'marquee' signings don't always work out. I wouldn't touch any more players from Italy tbh, especially South American's. Abel Hernandez is another example, seen as a marquee and a coup by Hull for something like £10m - he is **** in this league. But hopefully we're not left with Osvaldo being our transfer record for as long as Delap was.

Definitely has something about him. Tries stuff that doesn't always come off but at least he has been attempting passes through the lines of defence. We definitely had more impetus when he came on yesterday and at Sunderland.

Not sure how anyone can form much of an opinion of him based on a few short cameos.

Having said that I guess if you are loan player trying to get a move you need to really shine when you are giving the opportunity and I can't really say Djuricic has done that.

Personally if we have the money to buy Djuricic I'd rather we used that money to try and get Moussa Sissoko from the toon.

2 games out of 50 odd. I was hoping his loan this year would establish him in the PL, but he can't even get in Hull's team. Get shot asap, his wages could be used on someone far more useful. We'll take a huge loss on his and Osvalod's transfer fee's, but in one way it's a lesson that so-called 'marquee' signings don't always work out. I wouldn't touch any more players from Italy tbh, especially South American's. Abel Hernandez is another example, seen as a marquee and a coup by Hull for something like £10m - he is **** in this league. But hopefully we're not left with Osvaldo being our transfer record for as long as Delap was.

Cambiasso was excellent yesterday, worth every penny if Leic stay up.

Cambiasso was excellent yesterday, worth every penny if Leic stay up.

He ran the game. Plays about 5 seconds ahead of everyone else on the pitch. Spoke to a Leicester fan after who said he's on £50k a week which is a total bargain because they'd probably be relegated without him.

Maybe an easy gig, but I thought he looked class when he came on.

Again, agree with you.

Very frustrating as he has done little really due to being injured but looked good in that little when being on the pitch

would he be able to produce that over a season and produce form like mane can? we have no idea I guess

Say what you want about him, but that backheel for the 6th goal was world class. If Neymar had done that everyone would be creaming themselves. The way he turned the other way as he was doing it completely disguised the direction of the ball.

I can see why DJ and Elia were taken on loan....so we can easily get RID!!...not... they but are skillful players with good dribbling skills and tricks to get past a man. Have they all worked, no, but the potential is there, they are good footballers to my untrained eye. But will they show their true promise? really grow with confidence and grit to make the opponent fear them? I hope our coaches can bring this out in them like they have with Mane. If they come cheap then I think they are worth the gamble (10 mil for DJ is to much, I think Elia would pay us to come, he loves RK so much!).

Anyone know if we have an option on him and how much it is? I'd take him pretty much on the strength of that flick for the last goal alone.

£10m has been commonly mentioned on here, but I'm unsure where that came from originally.

Say what you want about him, but that backheel for the 6th goal was world class. If Neymar had done that everyone would be creaming themselves. The way he turned the other way as he was doing it completely disguised the direction of the ball.

Not to mention the flick/spin-turn when he collected the ball in central midfield before driving forward (immediately prior to the exchange you're referring to). Lallana-esque.

I've liked him from the start for what I think he can do offensively, e.g. 6th goal. We definitely need that creativity. My only reservation remains what he contributes when we dont have the ball and I havent seen enough of him to comment.

Like the lad - has showed promise in the last three games. Has some guile and particularly today, showed the desire to get around the pitch. With Tadic off the pace we have shown a lack of creativity in the final third and he adds so much more in that department than JWP.

It wasn't a bad game to go into really, what you want to see from a loanie like Djuricic is to turn a game we're chasing, which he hasn't had the chance to do yet.

If there is an opportunity to loan him next season, I wouldn't be against that. But in no way what so ever would I shell out the £9m agreed fee on him based on what we've seen.

Around £6-7m, I would take him. Has potential which is obvious to see and inevitably takes foreign imports time to settle in to the physical and fast paced british game.

Elia leaving wouldn't be a great loss.

It was a nice turn but he had 10 mins to come on when 5-1 up against a team defending like schoolboys and being given all the space in the world so had the chance to showboat and do a fancy flick, and suddenly that's enough for everyone here to want to definitely sign him? As S Clarke says, if on a loan deal again or maybe under 5m then may be worth a shot, but I think his composure on the ball is fooling a lot of people. It's about end product, he's yet to convince us he can give any end product to the tune of shelling out 9 plus million