SFC Awards 2015

Saint-Armstrong

CFb_E1xWAAAkLyo.png:large

[video=youtube;iIclaz-MTX0]

Coverage starts at 19:45.

Awards start at 21:45.

The night is hosted by Ed Chamberlin and will feature five awards, which will be awarded in the following order.

Players' Player of the Season - José Fonte

Young Player of the Season - Matt Targett

President's Choice Award - Victor Wanyama

Goal of the Season - Shane Long

Fans' Player of the Season - José Fonte

The 'Goal of the Season' award will be voted on tonight by those in attendance AND those who are watching online.

I'll post up the relevant links and update this post, as and when the live broadcast begins.

Edited by Saint-Armstrong

My prediction

Players' Player of the Season ---- Fonte

Young Player of the Season ----- JWP

President's Choice Award -----Fonte.....or maybe JWP for cementing a first team place

Goal of the Season ---- Pelle vs QPR

Fans' Player of the Season ---- Fonte

Can't see past Fonte clearing up really

Young Player is usually someone from the Academy teams.

Should be a good night though, and hopefully a slightly different tone to last year where Poch was grumpy, didn't do a speech and left early, and it was clear a few players were counting down the days to the transfer window.

Really looking forward to it tonight.

Which imminently departing player will be lying through his teeth this year as he unconvincingly answers questions about representing Saints next season?

Worth a watch if only to feed the rumour mill, as Lallana did last season with his remarkably distant answers and occasional accidental use of the past tense.

Players' Player of the Season - Fonte

Young Player of the Season - Seager

President's Choice Award - S Davis (or K Davis if he is on he is about to retire)

Goal of the Season - Pelle v QPR

Fans' Player of the Season - Fonte

My prediction is:

Players' Player of the Season ---- Jose Fonte

Young Player of the Season ----- James Ward-Prowse

Fans' Player of the Season ---- Jose Fonte

President's Choice Award ------ Jose Fonte

Goal of the Season ---- Schneiderlin vs Newcastle

Raheem Sterling won 'young player of the year' for Liverpool last night, so if we are doing it to include first team players as well, would Mané be eligible at 23? if so then i'd go

Young Player of the Season - Mané

President's Choice Award - Kelvin Davis? stepping in to replace FF, if not then Fonte again or even Schneiderlin for getting his head down after the summer episode

Goal of the Season - Tough, probably Pelle, just

Raheem Sterling won 'young player of the year' for Liverpool last night, so if we are doing it to include first team players as well, would Mané be eligible at 23? if so then i'd go

Young Player of the Season - Mané

President's Choice Award - Kelvin Davis? stepping in to replace FF, if not then Fonte again or even Schneiderlin for getting his head down after the summer episode

Goal of the Season - Tough, probably Pelle, just

REWARD SOMEONE FOR JUST DOING THE JOB HE IS CONTRACTED TO DO.....TYPICAL OF THE WORLD WE LIVE IN.

I've never understood why on earth clubs hold these before the final league match. Any ideas?

Have it afterwards and let everyone get on the lash.

Actually, I think I've just answered my own question.....

Players' Player of the Season ---- their choice, but I would expect Fonte

Young Player of the Season ----- (all we need is...) Sadio Mane

Fans' Player of the Season ---- Jose Fonte baby

President's Choice Award ------ Kelvin Davis, for loyalty and extended service

Goal of the Season ---- Mane, first goal vs Villa (he was fouled, stayed on his feet and was rewarded - the boy became a man - respect!)

I've never understood why on earth clubs hold these before the final league match. Any ideas?

Have it afterwards and let everyone get on the lash.

Actually, I think I've just answered my own question.....

Unless the club is playing a lucrative friendly in Kalamazoo, the players will be done with the season. No doubt, many of the players will want to get out of town right after the last game.

Yes all 8 candidates are brilliant

http://social.saintsfc.co.uk/

Keep changing my mind. Morgan's might have won if they'd shown all 41 passes against the Mags but in the end went for the quick, simple beauty of Long's against Villa.

Sadio Mane for me. Cracking goal that sums him up. He gives defenders hell and then comes up with beautiful or scrappy finishes. That move has everything about him and was a vital goal allowing us to beat Arsenal at home and keeping our season alive when coupled with the momentum of the man utd and Chelsea games.

If we're going for anything else then the Long and Pelle goals are both great strikes, although I actually prefer Pelle's smash vs Stoke, great technique and power.

Ronald asked what is his secret: "The players."

"I don't think there really is a secret. It's the organisation and the structure of Southampton Football Club. From the beginning, you feel like you're in a family."

"It's a lot of fun. We know football is very important, but life and family is important. Les Reed mentioned already the spirit and ambition of the players. It's amazing."

"It was good to talk to Kelvin and José about the changes in the club, they were maybe a little bit afraid, like everyone else. But I think Les, and I, did a great job to give them the information and give them the feeling to not be in a panic. That was important in pre-season."

"Maybe last weekend (highlight of the season). You like to give to the fans a good feeling for the end of the season. I think that was the best moment of the season, after two weeks where we lost. That reaction, at home, playing good football and scoring great goals - taking a great step forward to playing in Europe next season."

"We already have a Dutch comedian, so no singing and shouting from me."

"You need to relax. I like to play golf, handicap eleven. I like to stay with my family. My wife travels between Southampton and Amsterdam and my kids work in Holland. We will stay together after next weekend. I think I am lucky. I spoke to Janmaat, I said 'you like the Premier League?' - he said 'Yeah, but the ****ing weather!', I say, not down here."

"I believe in the players and the qualities of the players. We are close to reaching something special. Still one game to play, and it's an experience for everybody. The first season in the Premier League for myself with Erwin, Jan, Dave and Sammy. We can reach that level."

Ralph Krueger speaking to Steve Bennett on YouTube:

"The spirit here is so strong and I appreciate all the Saints followers at home tuning in here! It's been a special season. It's nice to take a deep breath, step out of the season and think about what we are doing here, now. It's very important to take time to celebrate - we didn't really have a lot of that this season."

"We put a lot of pressure on ourselves to build on last season and be even better."

"It's really all about 'The Southampton Way'. It's not something we invented - but we reinvented it. Everybody is living 'The Southampton Way' and we are proud of the way we operate. We are very respectful with all people we work with: our fans, the media..."

"It's a family, and we're a club that wants to grow and do something special - but while having a good time."

"What's happening on the pitch is a by-product of all the honest hard-work that is happening."

"I just put myself as being a head coach in a different position. It's a bigger picture that I find myself in. I still find that I have the coach's eye when I walk around the club, to find ways people can find their potential and develop here at Southampton."

"Katharina's support has been outstanding. It's been easy for me to step in and be chairman with the people I have to work with here."

"We want to do things differently. The captains and Ronald chose snow over sun. I don't think many other clubs do that. I used my contacts to build the package in Davos for the squad. Everything we're doing is a unique Southampton connection. Our brand is growing and people around the world know that we are on the map."

Adam Leitch of the Daily Echo - interview:

"We've had a lot of long trips sandwiched together, but it's been a good season to cover them. This is my 13th season for the Echo covering Saints, and this has been a cracking season."

"I would say this is my favourite season so far. The first season I did this was the FA Cup Final - but for all-round enjoyment, this has been great. The atmosphere is the best it's been. I love all the staff here, Ronald is brilliant and they're all great to deal with - players and staff."

"We've all got our own little words, but everybody is invested in the success of this football club. Way more people buy our paper and read our website when Saints are doing well. There's a recognition, a feeling from the top, that everyone has their part in that."

"It is so much easier when they're co-operative. You get good stuff out of them, and you treat them with respect. It works both ways."

"A lot of the things that are really memorable are not even matches. Press conferences - things like Ronald's famous 'Chips without mayonnaise is not chips!'"

"It makes it a better place. There's a nice buzz around St. Mary's. Players are happy, fans are happy and the manager is happy. Writing a report on a victory is much easier than having to write about some shambolic performance from someone you've then got to go and speak to!"