Fonte: I'm trying to persuade Clyne and Schneiderlin to sign new deals at Southampton

Saint-Armstrong

Perhaps watching Lolvren and Lollana sitting on the bench and only playing Europa and Cup games next season will put them off jumping ship for short term glory.

Will Liverpool even be able to offer big wages any more? They've already got some meaty earners their an no CL money this time.

And that is exactly how a captain should behave. Not like some rat plotting his own escape and planning how best to go on strike. Well done Jose

This.

Although when Rodgers comes in with the alleged bid he wants to make for Fonte, we'll see ... :rolleyes:

Definitely Fonte on the banner.

I think I would rather see Fonte on the banner than Lambert. Both joined the club around about the same time, with Fonte just as instrumental at the back, as Lambert was at the front, in our transformation of fortunes. Hopefully Fonte will not jump ship the moment Brenda starts making eyes at him, like Lambert did.

I think I would rather see Fonte on the banner than Lambert. Both joined the club around about the same time, with Fonte just as instrumental at the back, as Lambert was at the front, in our transformation of fortunes. Hopefully Fonte will not jump ship the moment Brenda starts making eyes at him, like Lambert did.

Scale them down & have both on there.

I doubt Fonte grew up in Liverpool and would be fulfilling any kind of lifelong dream. I didn't rate Lambert for the last 18 months with us, but I don't begrudge him wanting that transfer. If anything we've come out of it looking very shrewd, he even missed the first penalty he took for them last pre-season. :D

I doubt Fonte grew up in Liverpool and would be fulfilling any kind of lifelong dream. I didn't rate Lambert for the last 18 months with us, but I don't begrudge him wanting that transfer. If anything we've come out of it looking very shrewd, he even missed the first penalty he took for them last pre-season. :D

The acid test would come I suppose if Benfica ever came calling for Fonte.

You have to look at the longevity of all of those up the top - the criteria aren't obvious but most (Lambert and Shilton aside) are very long term. Arguably Lundekvam and Svensson could be up there on similar measuring stick to Fonte. Though the same goes for strikers and Lambert - I guess it's reasonable that the more recent player is a shorter term thing.