FA Cup Final Thread

Saint Charlie

So, Arsenal win needed for European football.

If Villa defend like they did against us then its no contest. But Arsenal can be flaky on big occassions so you never know. Despite getting a hattrick I reckon Giroud might come back in for Walcott up front.

Will be odd watching this and supporting the bigger team.

After being in the top 4 for such a long period of the season it is pretty disappointing to finish down in 7th.

Understand this, but find someone who would have not taken 7th like a shot, if if had been offered just before the Anfield match

After being in the top 4 for such a long period of the season it is pretty disappointing to finish down in 7th.

We can look at it that way or we can take the fact that we were plenty of pundits' favourite to go down, and I think most of us would've happily taken 7th at the outset. Good times, now here's hoping Arsenal can do us a favour next week....

Understand this, but find someone who would have not taken 7th like a shot, if if had been offered just before the Anfield match

Absolutely. Considering how well we've played this season at times it is a bit disappointing that we haven't finished higher but 7th is still an incredible achievement considering the summer we had.

So if Arsenal win the cup, Liverpool and Spurs automatically go into the Group Stage and we take Liverpool's current spot in the 3rd Qualifying Round. If we make it through that tie, we then face off against a team in the Play-Off Round which consists of winners of the last round and teams knocked out of Champions League qualifying.

Potentially 4 extra games next season, and that's even before Group Stage fixtures if we make it through there! Although saying that, Villa might win the cup and we can all watch Coronation Street on Thursday evenings instead next season.

So if Arsenal win the cup, Liverpool and Spurs automatically go into the Group Stage and we take Liverpool's current spot in the 3rd Qualifying Round. If we make it through that tie, we then face off against a team in the Play-Off Round which consists of winners of the last round and teams knocked out of Champions League qualifying.

Potentially 4 extra games next season, and that's even before Group Stage fixtures if we make it through there! Although saying that, Villa might win the cup and we can all watch Coronation Street on Thursday evenings instead next season.

Looking on the bright side it would mean a couple more Away days, I mean who here hasn't always wanted to visit Kazakhstan?

Soooooooo, today is the day! Come on Arsenal, make your class show.

I think qualifying for the Europa will be a step forward for us, even if we're relying on another team to get there. I'd rather we got Europe than not.

That said, I have had a little back up flutter on Villa winning the cup, should the worst happen...

OK enough about your bedroom activities. How do you think the FA Cup will go?

:-)

I should probably say Villa can be dangerous and it'll be a tight but I can honestly see Arsenal's class shine through and them whipping Villa like we did the other week.

Absolutely. Considering how well we've played this season at times it is a bit disappointing that we haven't finished higher but 7th is still an incredible achievement considering the summer we had.

Even when we were 4th we weren't always consistent and picked up some wins that perhaps we were lucky to. We finished 7th because that is where we belonged overall on average over the season. Yes we could have finished higher but we could also have finished lower. As you say, after losing so many players and our manager to finish 7th was an incredible achievement. Roll on next season!