Any youngsters envious of this chap?

I know I would be if I was thirty years younger :blush:

The life of "The Candyman," dubbed Australia's Hugh Hefner, is filled with booze, sports cars and scantily clad women,

according to his Instagram account.

Travers Beynon, a wealthy ( and married!! :mcinnes: ) tobacco tycoon, proudly posts photos from inside "Candy Shop

Mansion," his multimillion-dollar waterfront home, where half-naked women audition to be his "angels."

He called himself "a cross between 'The Great Gatsby,' Hugh Hefner, 'The Wolf of Wall Street' and Tony Stark, with a

taste for Versace, who can easily turn into a Willy Wonka character."

There are a couple of pictures in the following link.

http://www.nydailynews.com/life-style/australian-playboy-candyman-blasted-borderline-cult-article-1.2227591

If someone hangs themself, you don't blame B&Q for selling them some rope.

Bit different. Rope has many purposes and I doubt that many people go to B & Q with an express desire to buy rope to hang themselves. For example, I have just bought some sash cord but will use it to tie up my canoe, not wrap around my neck. I think it is fair to say that the tobacco industry kills and maims millions of people each year. Not many other uses for tobacco other than to do yourself harm.

Edited by sadoldgit

Bit different. Rope has many purposes and I doubt that many people go to B & Q with an express desire to buy rope to hang themselves. For example, I have just bought some sash cord but will use it to tie up my canoe, not wrap around my neck. I think it is fair to say that the tobacco industry kills and maims millions of people each year. Not many other uses for tobacco other than to do yourself harm.

and people have a choice. smoke or don't smoke

You could probably smoke 2 or 3 cigarettes on weekends for your whole life and suffer no adverse health effects. If people chose to smoke excessively, that's their problem.

It's the same with alcohol, you could take a tour of French vineyards shouting, "f**king murdered, thousands of people die from liver disease and drink driving accidents every year!"

He's just making money out of other people's stupidity.

Euphemism?

You could probably smoke 2 or 3 cigarettes on weekends for your whole life and suffer no adverse health effects. If people chose to smoke excessively, that's their problem.

It's the same with alcohol, you could take a tour of French vineyards shouting, "f**king murdered, thousands of people die from liver disease and drink driving accidents every year!"

He's just making money out of other people's stupidity.

I agree. I also don't think it is a decent way to make a living. There is a train of thought that says that a little alcohol now and again isn't bad for you. I've never heard anyone say that about a cigarette. The body can metabolize alcohol, it cant metabolize the toxins in tobacco. You may not do yourself any major damage smoking a couple of fags a week, but you certainly are not doing your body any good.

I must say that I am a bit surprised that no-one else has said that they would like to be just like him.

When I was young I wanted fast motorcycles, cars and lots of female "companionship".;)

Actually as I think of it I still would :lol: However my wife wouldn't let me. :(

( I am being polite there as I don't want to upset any PC people who might accidentally read this :lol: )

I suppose then that it just shows that I am getting really old and am very non PC ( dinosaur? ) :(

and people have a choice. smoke or don't smoke

You probably know that nicotine is one of the fastest acting drugs on the central nervous system. People get addicted pretty quickly. I wouldn't say that is a great choice.

Edited by sadoldgit

As Hugh Hefner was mentioned would anyone really want to be him? Prancing around in PJs, dressing gown and pipe he looks like a total ***t. And if he thinks that the women sleep with him because they fancy him his is delusional.

I highly doubt that. I think he knows the score he just doesn't care. After all he was born in the early Triassic period and sleeps with 21 year old super models. I doubt he cares about the hows and the whys.

I must say that I am a bit surprised that no-one else has said that they would like to be just like him.

When I was young I wanted fast motorcycles, cars and lots of female "companionship".;)

Actually as I think of it I still would :lol: However my wife wouldn't let me. :(

( I am being polite there as I don't want to upset any PC people who might accidentally read this :lol: )

I suppose then that it just shows that I am getting really old and am very non PC ( dinosaur? ) :(

well you asked if any youngsters and so that counted out a load of posters on here.

I would be happy trying it for a few weeks but as i have a lovely wife why bother

I wonder who is the sad one in the situation, the old man who can only get the young girls as he's rich or the young girls as they stoop to it?

well you asked if any youngsters and so that counted out a load of posters on here.

I would be happy trying it for a few weeks but as i have a lovely wife why bother

I wonder who is the sad one in the situation, the old man who can only get the young girls as he's rich or the young girls as they stoop to it?

They are both as sad as each other. There is so much more to life.

• 3 weeks later...
Is that MLT on the right?

Beat me to it!

And yeah this 'candyman' fella is taking after this guy, Dan Bilzerian, the original self-proclaimed 'king of instagram'

https://instagram.com/danbilzerian/

Am I jealous? Yeah, sure, and not remotely ashamed to admit it. Whether he's living through ill-gotten gains or not, the man has an objectively better life than any of us, whether or not one is secure enough to say so.