Date of first signing

wanyamaisatank

26th July.

Why don't we ever learn to get our ##*#ing business done early for #*#$# sake bunch of no ambition #$*#*# uselsss #!!#$# shower of #$#*##. I mean, look who West Ham/Brom have signed already etc.

Mock all you want.

I would have expected some Toby news fairly quickly, TBH. I mean, this situation has only been going on for what, 9 f**king months

Seeing as there are numerous complications and he's probably the one we'd be most keen on, I fail to see how it would be resolved "fairly quickly".

To clarify:

1) He's our player as we have a loan to buy condition unless Atletico pay to have him back

2) Atletico haven't officially said they want him back, so we can't react to that

3) Atletico may be under transfer embargo which might mean they can't sign anyone

4) If Atletico are under transfer embargo they may appeal, meaning they can carry on as normal

5) As we have the "clause waiver" fee in hand on the transfer, we can afford to apply that to any revised deal (ie we can pay £2m less than anyone else)

6) Yesterday's rumour that Atletico want Schneiderlin must have come from somewhere and complicates things even further

7) It's really not that simple, is it?

26th July.

Why don't we ever learn to get our ##*#ing business done early for #*#$# sake bunch of no ambition #$*#*# uselsss #!!#$# shower of #$#*##. I mean, look who West Ham/Brom have signed already etc.

Any news on the ashes?

Any news on the ashes?

$##@#ing useless England have blown it already. Not that I care. I hate England and hope they lose but I hate it when they lose but I hope they do but I hate it but I hope they do but I hate it and everything.

Seeing as there are numerous complications and he's probably the one we'd be most keen on, I fail to see how it would be resolved "fairly quickly".

To clarify:

1) He's our player as we have a loan to buy condition unless Atletico pay to have him back

2) Atletico haven't officially said they want him back, so we can't react to that

3) Atletico may be under transfer embargo which might mean they can't sign anyone

4) If Atletico are under transfer embargo they may appeal, meaning they can carry on as normal

5) As we have the "clause waiver" fee in hand on the transfer, we can afford to apply that to any revised deal (ie we can pay £2m less than anyone else)

6) Yesterday's rumour that Atletico want Schneiderlin must have come from somewhere and complicates things even further

7) It's really not that simple, is it?

It looks as if Alpine is now starting to position himself for pre-season and lining his moans up, he's got a lot of making up to do - as we have hardly seen him throughout all of this record breaking season! I guess it's not long until the first thread now. What will it be this year, that we're run like a Seaside B&B or a takeaway joint down town? Get your guesses in now.

Also seems as if our old friend Charlie is getting himself in order and prepared for another summer of wetness as well.

It looks as if Alpine is now starting to position himself for pre-season and lining his moans up, he's got a lot of making up to do - as we have hardly seen him throughout all of this record breaking season! I guess it's not long until the first thread now. What will it be this year, that we're run like a Seaside B&B or a takeaway joint down town? Get your guesses in now.

Also seems as if our old friend Charlie is getting himself in order and prepared for another summer of wetness as well.

The joys of summer, don't forget the odd trawl and update of year old threads!

January 6th 2016

If there were no "outs", I'd accept that!

We usually sign our first player when I'm on holiday, as happened with Lovren. It'll be a bit earlier this year if Koeman stays. June 12th.

If there were no "outs", I'd accept that!

We usually sign our first player when I'm on holiday, as happened with Lovren. It'll be a bit earlier this year if Koeman stays. June 12th.

I wouldn't, we need some fresh ideas up front. There is nobody we can rely upon to score goals in the squad and nobody creating clear cut chances.

Not to mention the goalkeeper. You'd honestly go a full season with Kelvin and Gazza?

I wouldn't, we need some fresh ideas up front. There is nobody we can rely upon to score goals in the squad and nobody creating clear cut chances.

Not to mention the goalkeeper. You'd honestly go a full season with Kelvin and Gazza?

Well it's hypothetical anyway, and yes we wouldn't do so well as this season without a fit Forster, but if it meant keeping the likes of Morgan, Clyne, Toby and Wanyama or whoever else we might lose this summer, I'd be tempted to take that.

Ideally keeping the the squad exactly as it is, bar the chaff like Osvaldo, Mayuka, Ramirez et al, and adding a keeper, Attacking midfielder and a forward would make us undoubted top 4 material. Won't happen though.

Well it's hypothetical anyway, and yes we wouldn't do so well as this season without a fit Forster, but if it meant keeping the likes of Morgan, Clyne, Toby and Wanyama or whoever else we might lose this summer, I'd be tempted to take that.

Ideally keeping the the squad exactly as it is, bar the chaff like Osvaldo, Mayuka, Ramirez et al, and adding a keeper, Attacking midfielder and a forward would make us undoubted top 4 material. Won't happen though.

I have my doubts. It would obviously make us stronger, but injuries/suspensions are unpredictable, so I think we'd still lack the depth to overtake any of the big four.

• 3 weeks later...