Women's World Cup

Batman

Anyone excited for this?

Seen all the buzz about it on here lol

I doubt I will watch any of it. But still does not stop members of the England team saying it will be as good as the blokes tournament

Ladies football is dire and the keepers provide some real slapstick comedy for the news clips

Still think these plastic pitches are doing nowt for the spectacle, the Cameroon's seemed have the long ball sussed, hoof it up field where their team mate is running to the ball bounces backwards like its a Rugby ball straight into the possession of the player on the run.

Even my daughter commented that the ball bounced a few time like a Rugby ball.

What I don't understand is aluko and others were all saying before the tournament how we shouldn't compare it to the men's game and how it's a sport in its own right, and then the first words out of the coaches mouth is to compare their achievement to male teams of the past. Either you want to be seen as separate or you don't. It's confusing.

I didn't realise Saints Ladies had such a glorious history. Winning the women's FA Cup 8 times and appearing in 11 consecutive finals in the 70's/early 80's.

Impressively lead by Sue Lopez who spent 20 years playing for Saints with a year at Roma.

She was also my PE teacher at Applemore School. If only I'd known what a legend she was.

1-1 in the semi.. Game on.

I'm not watching this shiete as I'm working late . However I see on Twitter that there was a blantant dive for a peno . Thank god for that , now all the metro sexuals going on about how much more sporting the birds are and there's no arguing, diving, blah blah blah will stfu .

What a horrible way to see us out. We were brilliant, deserved to win.

The girls have done us proud. On to the third place game v the Germans. This tournament has been so refreshing, it's easy to support a side when you see they actually give a sh*t.

Typical of this country , mass over reaction . We lost , what's heroic about losing . We lose in a quater final and it's unacceptable but lose in a semi and it's all out of proportion . I just hope there's not a repeat of the 1990 nonsense of an open top bus heroes return , it's just embarrassing .

I've seen the winning goal and there was nothing " unlucky" about it. It was poor defending and poor technique . I feel sorry for the chick , but it really was poor.

Typical of this country , mass over reaction . We lost , what's heroic about losing . We lose in a quater final and it's unacceptable but lose in a semi and it's all out of proportion . I just hope there's not a repeat of the 1990 nonsense of an open top bus heroes return , it's just embarrassing .

I've seen the winning goal and there was nothing " unlucky" about it. It was poor defending and poor technique . I feel sorry for the chick , but it really was poor.

An entire four posts on this thread following the result and you have already dished out a "mass over reaction" speech.

Would be fascinated to know where and when you think this "mass over reaction" has actually happened.

Maybe it's you that has over reacted massively?

at least womens football will disappear into obscurity again.

I wonder how many of these millions of new so called England fans can tell me when their next match is.

How many millions of new fans watched that game? I'd think the BBC would be delighted with one million in total last night.

On Five Live they've done a minute on the freak own goal, then 20 seconds in the sports bulletin on the result itself before moving on to Wimbledon and cricket news and the heatwave. Now on to Syria.

Basically the same level of five live morning coverage as a Monday Night Sky match involving West Brom.

I'm not sure I can handle this massive over reaction. Hysteria I tells ya. Hysteria.

An entire four posts on this thread following the result and you have already dished out a "mass over reaction" speech.

Would be fascinated to know where and when you think this "mass over reaction" has actually happened.

Maybe it's you that has over reacted massively?

Look at twitter

Chick? LOL

I didn't realise Saints Ladies had such a glorious history. Winning the women's FA Cup 8 times and appearing in 11 consecutive finals in the 70's/early 80's.

Impressively lead by Sue Lopez who spent 20 years playing for Saints with a year at Roma.

She was also my PE teacher at Applemore School. If only I'd known what a legend she was.

1-1 in the semi.. Game on.

No sorry I think you're getting them confused with the GREATEST TEAM THAT EVER WAS IN, LIKE, FOREVER AND EVERYTHING down the road because you are clearly forgetting that they are the ones with all the history, not us.

Apparently

at least womens football will disappear into obscurity again.

I wonder how many of these millions of new so called England fans can tell me when their next match is.

So called? Bet you just hated teh Olympics with all these JCL showing interest in badminton etc.

Joyless fck

It was yesterday btw

The SWF Littlejohn /Liddle. I think this 'true bloke' thing is just an act though.

The 3rd place play off game has to be the biggest waste of time in any world cup, proper one or birds one.

All the players running on at the end jumping around like loons was a bit mickey mouse, its a nothing meaningless game .

You couldn't make it up, Littlejohn. I blame the EUSSR and the Guardianistas myself.

What on earth are the FA thinking here?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jul/06/england-women-twitter-world-cup-mothers-partners-daughters

On the back of the 'FA's' best performance in quite some time, looking fd to France 2016, when England men bomb out in the QFs, 'you can all go back to being, fathers, husbands, sons'. WTactualF?

The 3rd place play off game has to be the biggest waste of time in any world cup, proper one or birds one.

All the players running on at the end jumping around like loons was a bit mickey mouse, its a nothing meaningless game .

Are you serious? It may have meant nothing to you but it clearly did to them. They had just clinched third place, way beyond anyone's expectations before the tournament, and beaten the number 1 team in the world for the first time in 21 attempts. I think that is worthy of "jumping around like loons"