Charlie Austin Speculation

Saint-Armstrong

Top attempt at trolling so far today. But Hey, it's not 9.00 am yet.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...............

Its having an opinion, not trolling.

If the club really think they need to spend £15m on a striker to realise their ambitions for next season, then they will , if they can.

The ambition is likely another comfortable top half finish, IMO, for which ambition Austin represents a luxury buy.

Lambert might fit the bill of a squad player rather well, for a good deal less. Whether Austin is a better player, or SRL would want to fulfill that role, are completely different questions.

• 2 weeks later...
Is he a credible sort - still in contact with him? 14/1 on skybet. Pretty tempting.

About a month ago the odds of him joining Chelsea were about 4-1 and I can see him being the sort of player they bring in. They Play 50-60 games a season so I can see Austin playing 30 odd games, maybe most as a sub but he help their home grown status and will earn a wedge.

I'm tempted with 14-1

Is he a credible sort - still in contact with him? 14/1 on skybet. Pretty tempting.

He's defo in at Poole town and quite well known around local football. He was defo friendly with Austin even when he was at Swindon . But whether he still is, I wouldn't know. I don't see him as much as I did since hanging up my boots, but he's never struck me as a Billy Liar. I believe 100% that he's been told it, obviously that doesn't mean it'll happen , but I'd have said its better than 14/1

He's defo in at Poole town and quite well known around local football. He was defo friendly with Austin even when he was at Swindon . But whether he still is, I wouldn't know. I don't see him as much as I did since hanging up my boots, but he's never struck me as a Billy Liar. I believe 100% that he's been told it, obviously that doesn't mean it'll happen , but I'd have said its better than 14/1

Cheers.

I'm a fan of Austin and believe he will be a positive asset to our strike force. However, with all of last season's back four except Jose either departed or injured, this is where we must prioritise, now.

Although a weakened defence will require more goal-scorers to maintain our goals-for balance

• 3 weeks later...
I've had a small dabble so fingers crossed.

Chelsea are 50-1 at UniBet whoever they're, very tempting odds..http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/charlie-austin/club-after-summer-transfer-window

Edited by Saint IQ

• 1 month later...

Staying at QPR this window. I see he has listened to my advice on twitter a month or so ago when I told him to play for QPR and wait till January then join us when we're amoungst the top 4 contenders and decide to go for more fire power to help us out. :D. Would be a cut price as well with only 6 months left on his deal. Isn't he reportedly a saints fan?

Good news for QPR fans. Probably not great for their finances.

He is far too good for the Championship and I cant believe he would be happy to spend a year down there after his England call up. He probably wouldn't have got in the squad for the Euros but if he bagged 20-25 goals in the PL this season he'd have a great chance. No chance now.

Got to be more to it than just his wages, surely?

Would have loved us to sign him.

Good news for QPR fans. Probably not great for their finances.

He is far too good for the Championship and I cant believe he would be happy to spend a year down there after his England call up. He probably wouldn't have got in the squad for the Euros but if he bagged 20-25 goals in the PL this season he'd have a great chance. No chance now.

Got to be more to it than just his wages, surely?

Would have loved us to sign him.

What happened to Qpr's penalty from the football league for overspending in the year they went up? I thought they were supposed to have to pay a big fine this year , and/or have a transfer ban etc ..... And that they'd have to sell big earners to avoid breaking the rules again?

What happened to Qpr's penalty from the football league for overspending in the year they went up? I thought they were supposed to have to pay a big fine this year , and/or have a transfer ban etc ..... And that they'd have to sell big earners to avoid breaking the rules again?

It's been dramatically reduced of course, just like everyone (inc QPR) knew it would be.

We all know that football clubs are bombproof - we only have to look a few miles along the coast to the east to realise that.