Saints Membership scheme is back

beavis17

I plan to protest against this initiative by immediately purchasing memberships for me and all members of my family.

That'll show 'em. Are you with me, Colinjb?

You print the T-Shirts, i'll found the protest group CB Fry..... off you go now.......

Sounds completely fair to me. If you're only planning on going to one game in a season and it has to be a Cat A one I hope it costs a fortune.

Who said anything about only going to one game? I could go to lots of cat C and B games, but when the cat A goes on sale I will be behind those that have forked out £25 for a membership and perhaps haven't been to any games all season? Tell me how that is fair?

I repeat, if you are a non season ticket holder and you want to have any chance of going to a cat A game it will now cost you an extra £25.

No one has to join. No one has to buy replica shirts. If you want your club to compete at the highest level I would think you would be pleased that they are trying to raise the money that will enable them to do that.

Whats the point of having my side compete at the top table of it's too ****ing expensive to watch the bloody games?

I presume you want CL football so bad that you're having your wages paid straight into the clubs bank account?

Personally think anything that keeps out the parasitic plastics is a good thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A sizeable number of saints fans go to the odd game you know. Bloody parasites...

Who said anything about only going to one game? I could go to lots of cat C and B games, but when the cat A goes on sale I will be behind those that have forked out £25 for a membership and perhaps haven't been to any games all season? Tell me how that is fair?

I repeat, if you are a non season ticket holder and you want to have any chance of going to a cat A game it will now cost you an extra £25.

I'm absolutely fine with anyone who only wants to see Cat A games getting charged a premium, it's completely fair - anyone who only wants to see Saints will find plenty of matches they can buy tickets for without a membership.

A sizeable number of saints fans go to the odd game you know. Bloody parasites...

I'm pretty sure you know that's not who I'm referring to. It's southern born big club fans I don't want in our ground and this is a way to put them off. Not really a difficult concept to grasp is it?

I'm pretty sure you know that's not who I'm referring to. It's southern born big club fans I don't want in our ground and this is a way to put them off. Not really a difficult concept to grasp is it?

You and the 9 both seem to fail to grasp that genuine saints fans that perhaps go to five home games a year, a mixture of cat a, b and c now have to pay £25 more than they did last season to have a chance of getting that cat a ticket.

Oh well never mind, if they are genuine saints football mugs they won't care about paying more.

You and the 9 both seem to fail to grasp that genuine saints fans that perhaps go to five home games a year, a mixture of cat a, b and c now have to pay £25 more than they did last season to have a chance of getting that cat a ticket.

Oh well never mind, if they are genuine saints football mugs they won't care about paying more.

Indeed - this membership malarkey seems little more than a (voluntary) tax on non ST holders - very often exactly the type of fan who can least afford it by the way. I've been a ST holder in the past but can't afford it any longer - this doesn't make me 'plastic'!

A poor effort from the club this.

Just as a point of interest and comparison Crystal Palace have a tiered membership system - they have a silver membership for £25, a gold level at £55 and an international level at £45.0o.

So £25.00 for Saints membership is not really a bad deal and not unusual in the PL.

Will the existing customer numbers and history still be valid? Will we need to set up a new network of linked friends for buying groups of tickets? Not clear if this is a total new start or an addition to the current system?

And I'm sure they're always the matches against Stoke and Leicester, rather than Arsenal, Man U etc.

could you not deter these so called 'plastics' by making the game at home to united (which was fairly easy to get tickets for) linked to say another less desirable home game under the existing system?

do not have to pay for a membership scheme at all then!

I guess it brings us in line with what most other Premier League teams do.

But its still £25 extra for fans to pay without a huge amount of benefit. It's a pity they haven't used this as an opportunity to restart the points system that was proposed a couple of years ago, properly fair way of doing things.

Whats the point of having my side compete at the top table of it's too ****ing expensive to watch the bloody games?

I presume you want CL football so bad that you're having your wages paid straight into the clubs bank account?

I couldn't care less about CL football. But it seems to be the yardstick of progress.

I really don't care for the football club as a brand thing but that is the way it is nowadays. If the club are to compete at this level they need to grow their revenue streams. As we have just been named as the fastest growing football brand the club would be crazy not to cash in. I remember well the days when a former CEO said that he didn't know where the next £ was coming from.

I really don't care for the football club as a brand thing but that is the way it is nowadays. If the club are to compete at this level they need to grow their revenue streams. As we have just been named as the fastest growing football brand the club would be crazy not to cash in. I remember well the days when a former CEO said that he didn't know where the next £ was coming from.

The income streams coming into this (and other) PL clubs now are enormous, and as player wages seem to be coming under some kind of control at long last club profitability is likewise rocketing into the stratosphere. Baring those facts in mind, can screwing even more money out of this club's less well-off fans really be justified at this time?

For that matter, why do you place the financial interests of big business above that of your fellow fans?

The income streams coming into this (and other) PL clubs now are enormous, and as player wages seem to be coming under some kind of control at long last club profitability is likewise rocketing into the stratosphere. Baring those facts in mind, can screwing even more money out of this club's less well-off fans really be justified at this time?

For that matter, why do you place the financial interests of big business above that of your fellow fans?

If other clubs do it, as it appears they do, surely we would be foolish not to? As I said before, people have choices. Perhaps forgo a new replica shirt if money is an issue?

If other clubs do it, as it appears they do, surely we would be foolish not to? As I said before, people have choices. Perhaps forgo a new replica shirt if money is an issue?

If we sell 10,000 memberships, it'll rake in £250,000. What's that? About 4 weeks wages of an average PL player? Hardly worth the effort really.

I think the only problem with this membership is the cost, it shouldnt be anymore than £15 for an adult. The club need to except the fact that they need to not continue in chasing money off fans. The television revenue should be enough and maybe this fixation of penny pinching fans where possible is due to the club being horrendous on commercial revenue. Two seasons of no sponsor on our much hyped academy is woeful.

Is a membership going to help in any way get away tickets for London games? If they all sell out to Season Ticket holders then it defeats the point of it for me. Managed to get to Arsenal in the cup and Fulham the year before, but it seems the league fixtures are snapped up straight away by season ticket holders.

When it comes to St Mary's, I'm not too worried about which Category game it is, as I go to watch Southampton rather than the opposition, so the away games are the crucial factor for me.

Is a membership going to help in any way get away tickets for London games? If they all sell out to Season Ticket holders then it defeats the point of it for me. Managed to get to Arsenal in the cup and Fulham the year before, but it seems the league fixtures are snapped up straight away by season ticket holders.

When it comes to St Mary's, I'm not too worried about which Category game it is, as I go to watch Southampton rather than the opposition, so the away games are the crucial factor for me.

Even most our London aways go on general sale. Thing is, most non-season ticket holders that go quite regularly will be getting memberships, so you'll need one just to stand still in reality.

As my only SFC shirt is falling to pieces and has 'Friends Provident' written on it, your last cost saving suggestion is sadly of little use to this fan ...

And the cost for me would not be £25 but rather £40 because the boy wants to come along too bless him. Yes it's not a fortune, but trust me when you have to watch every penny you can do without this.

As my only SFC shirt is falling to pieces and has 'Friends Provident' written on it, your last cost saving suggestion is sadly of little use to this fan ...

And the cost for me would not be £25 but rather £40 because the boy wants to come along too bless him. Yes it's not a fortune, but trust me when you have to watch every penny you can do without this.

You could just not buy an over priced piece of polyester you know? I haven't bought a shirt in decades and seem to survive fine

another way to squeeze more money out of fans and people say well done for it

:lol:

Define squeeze? Club gives supporters who can't justify or afford a season ticket a chance to choose to move up the queue by paying a relatively nominal amount that boosts club coffers and you deride it?

Hmm..box, sharpest, tool etc

Define squeeze? Club gives supporters who can't justify or afford a season ticket a chance to choose to move up the queue by paying a relatively nominal amount that boosts club coffers and you deride it?

Hmm..box, sharpest, tool etc

because it can be easily achieved by NOT charging a penny. as stated a few times on here, using the system already in place

If we sell 10,000 memberships, it'll rake in £250,000. What's that? About 4 weeks wages of an average PL player? Hardly worth the effort really.

Except that it will probably only cost the salary of one employ so it will be profitable.

Delighted this is back. Work & family commitments mean I've had to give up my season ticket after 13 years so this is the best option for me to get to see the odd game as and when I can.

where would you spend £25 extra to see the odd game when you can do that without a membership?

Anyone else trying for one of these? I had the adult membership in my basket, and tried t pay abotu 5 times, each time getting a variety of error messages such as make sure you're logged in. I logged out and back in, and now all I can find are junior memberships.

Membership is okay with me . Hopefully it makes life easier when trying to get tickets for thr glamour matches

Membership is okay with me . Hopefully it makes life easier when trying to get tickets for thr glamour matches

It'll make life impossible for those matches for the people without one, that's for sure.

It's a good job you whiners aren’t part of the England fans membership scheme. That’s £75 and you get far less games for your fee. Plus unless you've been going for a few years, you've got no chance of away tickets.