Premier League Fixtures 2015/16

nta786

Prem Fixtures will be announced 17th June at 9am! 8 days to go :)

So- let's get a discussion going.

Hoping for a home game to start off the season and end the season- and am desperate for a Boxing Day game to be at home too- haven't had that in the past 3 seasons!

Depending on Europa League- a few of our games will be moved to Sunday too.

I'm not sure whether its better to have all our tough games in one cluster followed by one cluster of 'easier' games- or just to have them randomly scattered- I think the latter might be better.

Prem Fixtures will be announced 17th June at 9am! 8 days to go :)

So- let's get a discussion going.

Hoping for a home game to start off the season and end the season- and am desperate for a Boxing Day game to be at home too- haven't had that in the past 3 seasons!

Depending on Europa League- a few of our games will be moved to Sunday too.

I'm not sure whether its better to have all our tough games in one cluster followed by one cluster of 'easier' games- or just to have them randomly scattered- I think the latter might be better.

Our first Prem game of the season will be on the Sunday or Monday due to Europa.

Our first Prem game of the season will be on the Sunday or Monday due to Europa.

Bottocks; much as I'm pleased to see Saints in the Europa it's a right pain for those of us who play on Sunday, even if I am only a bench warmer. A few Monday games would actually be a help.

As long as we dont get Bournemouth until a few games in I don't mind - Hopefully they will get Chelsea first game who will put them back in their box

Likley to be Sept/Oct and then April time.

Chelsea/Arsenal/Palace all around Xmas and NY.

Sunderland away towards the end of the season. Newcastle away Feb/March

I am sure read something last year about boxing day fixtures and the police not wanting local derbies. The only local game last year was Arsenal v QPR. I always think you want to play the promoted teams early, before they have had a chance to get up to speed with the Premier League. Bournemouth is going to have significance (whether we care or not) at any point in the season, again I would rather get it out of the way relatively early - preferably not after a Europa league game. We will probably find that we are on TV quite a bit to start the season so expect fixtures to change dates and times...

How many will moan this year when the games are moved to sunday, should we qualify for the group stages

I'm still not entirely sure why people are surprised by it or moan about it, and I'm sure they will be if we get into the groups as well. Fair enough it's awkward for some people, but we've pretty much had half of a season to prepare for this eventuality, given where we've been in the league it's always been a possibility.

Home on Boxing Day please. Gives me the perfect excuse to give a visit to the in laws a swerve. Would also like a home fixture on 5th September so I can avoid a wedding I have no interest in going to. It's easier to explain because I have 2 kids to take rather than not going because I'm on the lash in Stoke.

Playing on Sunday is a pain for various reasons. One being clashes with tyro league games, the other being that aways aren't as enjoyable with the threat of work hanging over you while hammered on a train at 10pm.

We wouldn't have them if not for the ludicrous scheduling of Europa League on a Thursday.

I am sure read something last year about boxing day fixtures and the police not wanting local derbies. The only local game last year was Arsenal v QPR. I always think you want to play the promoted teams early, before they have had a chance to get up to speed with the Premier League. Bournemouth is going to have significance (whether we care or not) at any point in the season, again I would rather get it out of the way relatively early - preferably not after a Europa league game. We will probably find that we are on TV quite a bit to start the season so expect fixtures to change dates and times...

They rarely have proper local derbies on Boxing Day anyway, certainly not in the last 20 years. Local-ish matches but not derbies. Liverpool vs Wigan/Blackburn/Bolton/Stoke but not Liverpool vs Everton.

Does anyone know if ours and Bournemouth's home fixtures will be linked so we don't play at home on the same day? I know this is the case for us and Portsmouth, but will Hampshire/Dorset police request this as well in the Premier League?
It's currently the case anyway, so don't see why it'd change.

Stick all your money on Bournemouth at home Boxing Day

I'll take that bet.

They don't arrange "derby" matches on bank holidays, or the first or last game of the season. And it'll be our "twinned" fixture, so in terms of the fixture list, that's our derby.

Does anyone know if ours and Bournemouth's home fixtures will be linked so we don't play at home on the same day? I know this is the case for us and Portsmouth, but will Hampshire/Dorset police request this as well in the Premier League?

There's no particular reason to do it other than maybe traffic, but as there are lots of teams paired for these kind of reason we probably will be as well just as it fits the fixture model better. Eg when Reading were up you'd find (eg) us at home to Liverpool and them away to Everton.

August Bank Holiday away at Bournemouth.

They also don't have spring/summer Bank holiday fixtures in holiday resorts, ever since Leeds fans rioted in the 80s.

Come to think of it, if we're twinned with Bournemouth there's a pretty good chance we can guarantee a home game the week of the August and May bank holidays.

And given that we could well be playing a Europa League PlayOff round 2nd leg match on Thursday 27th August, I'll stick my neck out and say we'll be at home on Sunday 30th. Which is going to crap up my planned trip to Gower good and proper. :(

How many will moan this year when the games are moved to sunday, should we qualify for the group stages

Not just the group stages, Hull played all 4 of their qualifiers on Thursday last season, so assuming we win the 2nd Qualifying Round that's the 3 league matches after the 2nd leg and both legs of the Play Off rounds moved, for a start.

They also don't have spring/summer Bank holiday fixtures in holiday resorts, ever since Leeds fans rioted in the 80s.

Come to think of it, if we're twinned with Bournemouth there's a pretty good chance we can guarantee a home game the week of the August and May bank holidays.

And given that we could well be playing a Europa League PlayOff round 2nd leg match on Thursday 27th August, I'll stick my neck out and say we'll be at home on Sunday 30th. Which is going to crap up my planned trip to Gower good and proper. :(

Don't worry. I know the Europa League is full of teams you've never heard of but I'm pretty sure Gower isn't one of them. ;)

Don't worry. I know the Europa League is full of teams you've never heard of but I'm pretty sure Gower isn't one of them. ;)

Family BBQ planned apparently - to be fair as far as trips to other UEFA nations go, Swansea away is a good one (if you can book early).

Ooh, now that would be serendipity (and also blow either my Bournemouth linking or Bank Holiday seaside resort theory out of the water). :)

What difference will that make?

Less likely we'll have injuries to key players for matches we really need them all for. Also, an injury could mean missing a lot of matches in a tightly packed schedule.

Less likely we'll have injuries to key players for matches we really need them all for. Also, an injury could mean missing a lot of matches in a tightly packed schedule.

Why would we be less likely to have injuries? Why do we really need them for some away games more than others.

Have BT and sky also hoovered up all the rights to Europa games or is that still on normal?

As far as Europa and CL goes, BT have got all of it, Sky none of it.

Might be possible that ITV4 or C5 might get some of the qualifying as previously some of those games are more of a free for all rights wise, but not sure. Safe to assume not.

Not just the group stages, Hull played all 4 of their qualifiers on Thursday last season, so assuming we win the 2nd Qualifying Round that's the 3 league matches after the 2nd leg and both legs of the Play Off rounds moved, for a start.

I think it's 19 games if we reach the final. That's a lot of Sunday afternoon football.

Edited by hutch

Home on Boxing Day please. Gives me the perfect excuse to give a visit to the in laws a swerve. Would also like a home fixture on 5th September so I can avoid a wedding I have no interest in going to. It's easier to explain because I have 2 kids to take rather than not going because I'm on the lash in Stoke.

You had better book yourself a case of Smallpox or Consumption for that day because that is an International break weekend, Bro in Law getting married on the Friday so made sure there was no chance of a game on the weekend getting in the way when he booked it ages ago.