CONFIRMED: Cédric to Saints on four-year deal

JxgrSaint

Things are being done nice and early this year, just as it should be. Obviously, the Club have realised the importance, at long last, of getting players in early and settling in over the summer. I have long advocated this.

Costs a couple more months of salary though, so there is a downside.

Having said that, I like the deals sorted early

Things are being done nice and early this year, just as it should be. Obviously, the Club have realised the importance, at long last, of getting players in early and settling in over the summer. I have long advocated this.

Having said that, I like the deals sorted early.

PLus I am delighted we seem to be getting young talet rather than jaded superstars. A couple of potentially fantastic signings this week

PLus I am delighted we seem to be getting young talet rather than jaded superstars. A couple of potentially fantastic signings this week

Why does this get posted mutiple times?

I like the deals sorted early yet it seemed to go so well getting them in so late last season "If it ain't broke..."

The fact we got them so cheaply means we have no need to sell so we won't be selling cheaply, much like last year.

It's seems like they signed them early just to p!ss off Alpine and make him come up with a new gripe to moan about. He even seemed to be trolling our Austrian curmudgeon, putting two fingers up by saying "We have signed two exciting talents early in the window."

Nice one Sir Les!

Not too sure it's a good idea signing these players so early and giving them holiday pay straight away.

Surprised nobody else has picked up on this.

Agree - bet he can't believe his luck, being paid for **** all for a month or so.Sets the wrong tone, he'll think the club is run like a holiday camp.

The amount we're paying these new guys to sit on the beach is a scandal. Just think how many operations or school teachers that could pay for. That's the only downside of these early transfers IMO.

True, but if anyone can get them firing in the new season Koeman can.

He's pretty small at five foot seven Sayd'rique, Sayd'rique

He's always in the starting eleven Sayd'rique, Sayd'rique

He tends to play in Right Back, but likes to go forward in attack

Sayd'rique So-are-ess, Southampton's new right back

Já já já já já já, já já, já já etc.

I feel it is important to write it phonetically. If some people after a full season were unable to comprehend that Tadic was not pronounced 'Tadick', what hope is there for Sedrick Swarrez?

Ross Wilson doing an impressive job so far. Looks like the black box is in safe hands.
I was thinking that. Seen quite a few snide comments on here over the season about us only going for players from the Dutch League/that Koeman knows, bot of these players look carefully researched and scouted over a period.

I was thinking that. Seen quite a few snide comments on here over the season about us only going for players from the Dutch League/that Koeman knows, bot of these players look carefully researched and scouted over a period.

That can't be right, plenty on here thought that all our intel and Black Box targets would be off to Spuds when Paul Mitchell left?

Sourced from the 'right-backs' thread over on the Oatcake (Stoke City) forum:

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Cedric-Soares-pursuit-doomed-start/story-26724101-detail/story.html

Sporting Lisbon had been in dispute with Southampton over an alleged illegal approach for Marcos Rojo before he ended up leaving Portugal for Manchester United last summer.

But events took a different twist involving another issue elsewhere, it seems, and that suddenly left Sporting Lisbon requiring Southampton's help to win a dispute they have with another party.

WTF is all that about then?

I fail to see how that would influence Soares' choice of clubs as Lisbon had agreed a fee with both Saints and Stoke. So anything between Sporting and Saints concerning Rojo is irrelevant to his choice.

He came to Saints because...

- we have a better team with better players

- Fonte's influence perhaps played a role, as would working for someone of the standing in European football of Ronald Koeman

- we have Europa League football

- have better facilities; bigger stadium and the £40m of upgrade at Staplewood training ground is more impressive than Stoke's training ground

Its just the Stoke paper ignoring that and looking for conspiracy theories.

I fail to see how that would influence Soares' choice of clubs as Lisbon had agreed a fee with both Saints and Stoke. So anything between Sporting and Saints concerning Rojo is irrelevant to his choice.

- Fonte's influence perhaps played a role, as would working for someone of the standing in European football of Ronald Koeman

- have better facilities; bigger stadium and the £40m of upgrade at Staplewood training ground is more impressive than Stoke's training ground

Yeah my thoughts tbh. Those Stokies do like a good 'everyone hates us' moan. For a club trying to become more progressive they don't half remind me of Wimbledon circa 1989.

Can it be said that they even 'agreed' a fee when from what I've read he had a release clause in his contract of about £3.5m. So they had no choice.

He's pretty small at five foot seven Sayd'rique, Sayd'rique

He's always in the starting eleven Sayd'rique, Sayd'rique

He tends to play in Right Back, but likes to go forward in attack

Sayd'rique So-are-ess, Southampton's new right back

Já já já já já já, já já, já já etc.

I feel it is important to write it phonetically. If some people after a full season were unable to comprehend that Tadic was not pronounced 'Tadick', what hope is there for Sedrick Swarrez?

I guarantee my mate who still refers to "Borat" (Boruc) and "Pinocchio" (Pochettino) will call Juanmi "Jumanji". I am unamused by this.

Why does this get posted mutiple times?

No it really doesn't. They become ours when the window opens in July. We will be starting pre-season fixtures within 2 weeks of that and euro league in july as well. So it costs us 2 weeks wages before they play a game, not a couple of months. Not to mention that those signings will be undergoing fitness training and team bonding in those 2 weeks.

Sourced from the 'right-backs' thread over on the Oatcake (Stoke City) forum:

http://m.stokesentinel.co.uk/Stoke-City-Cedric-Soares-pursuit-doomed-start/story-26724101-detail/story.html

WTF is all that about then?

Timely article from our Media team - trolling Stoke?

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/article/20150619-cedric-soares-jose-fonte-2500249.aspx

Les Reed and the Sporting Lisbon DoF are both lizard people?

Need our help to win a dispute they have with another party. That's all a little mysterious.

Filip Đuričić is the only open ended business that we have in Portugal. Apart from that I guess it could be agent related, or the other dodgy area (which we aren't allowed to get involved with in PL so we are clear) is 3rd party ownership of South American players.