Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

Bookies have us as favourites to sign Cabaye - thoughts?

Things like that can happen when the press link a club to a player and then fans of that club place bets on the transfer happening. The bookmakers then reduce the odds, but that doesn't mean the transfer is likely to happen, just bookmakers trying to make the most money possible from the market.

All I'm hoping for the rest of the window is that Tottenham doesn't nick any of our players, backroom staff, serving waiters, goal posts, club shop, or similar. Its been a couple of months now since they took our head of recruitment so its probably about time they come knocking again.

REDS CLOSE IN ON SOUTH AMERICAN TRIO

Liverpool have held talks with South American forwards Roberto Firmino, Carlos Bacca and Salomon Rondon.

Now they're either going to get 1 of t hose 3, or they are going very slapdash again and ignoring the fact that you have to keep clean sheets.

REDS CLOSE IN ON SOUTH AMERICAN TRIO

Liverpool have held talks with South American forwards Roberto Firmino, Carlos Bacca and Salomon Rondon.

Now they're either going to get 1 of t hose 3, or they are going very slapdash again and ignoring the fact that you have to keep clean sheets.

Apparently they want Bacca or Rondon as better-value alternatives to Benteke.

Firmino is good too. Would've thought they had Coutinho in his position though. Guess they need another attacking midfielder for when Sterling departs.

Apparently they want Bacca or Rondon as better-value alternatives to Benteke.

Firmino is good too. Would've thought they had Coutinho in his position though. Guess they need another attacking midfielder for when Sterling departs.

Firmino is decent, will be interesting to see how he adjusts. I seem to remember us being linked with him some while ago.

BREAKING: LIVERPOOL AGREE FIRMINO DEAL

Sky sources understand that Liverpool have agreed a deal with Hoffenheim for forward Roberto Firmino.

The Anfield side have been looking to strengthen their attacking options and it looks the 23-year-old Brazilian international could be on his way.

Formerly with Figueirense, Firmino can play anywhere across the front three, and is currently on Copa America duty with Brazil.

He's been playing more or less as a striker for Brazil in the Copa America I think - maybe they're replacing Suarez a season late.

I think they see him as one of the "supporting 3" behind the striker.

I still think they'll sign another striker.... And that's with them having 6 on the books already though in Sturridge, Origi, Borini, Balotelli, Lambert & Ings. Brendan not very subtle in telling half of that lot they aren't wanted.

I see that Swansea have signed Kristoffer Nordfeldt, a Swedish keeper who began his career with the legendary Brommapöjkarna (Academy type club) in Stockholm.

He moved onto bigger and better things in Sweden ......and then onto Heereven in Holland.

Has already made a few apps. for Sweden's national side, but I really wonder if he is upto Prem. standard?......time will tell.

I see that Swansea have signed Kristoffer Nordfeldt, a Swedish keeper who began his career with the legendary Brommapöjkarna (Academy type club) in Stockholm.

He moved onto bigger and better things in Sweden ......and then onto Heereven in Holland.

Has already made a few apps. for Sweden's national side, but I really wonder if he is upto Prem. standard?......time will tell.

Yes..... I did seee... this were we ever... Linked to him?

swansea certainly seem to be going for it... NEXT year indeed!

Don't see an awful lot of difference between Stoke and Leicester. Don't think they'll be much between them come the end of next season - both around 12th.

Stoke finished 13 points and 5 places above Leicester last season. I don't think its unreasonable to think they are the better team.

Bournemouth throwing down £8m for Tyrone Mings of Ipswich :uhoh:

Seems a peculiar fee for a promoted club to pay for a left-back who is still learning the game. I can't see him being a difference maker despite an argument that his signing is relatively low risk as a bad season won't impact his value by more than a few million. I guess his wages will be cheap too.

Seems a peculiar fee for a promoted club to pay for a left-back who is still learning the game. I can't see him being a difference maker despite an argument that his signing is relatively low risk as a bad season won't impact his value by more than a few million. I guess his wages will be cheap too.

The sort of player who, if he has a good season, will have Liverpool blundering in with a £20m bid, and if he has a bad season, will have QPR doing the same for £10m. They can't really lose here, I suspect.

So from that, we'd get 30% of the 5% cut? If the fee's £8m, that's around £133k.

Yep, I did say it was a tiny %. :p

The same thing happened with Gareth Bale going to Real Madrid, even though we didn't have a sell on clause we still got some money.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Worth noting on the Deloufeu deal, Barcelona have a buy-back clause, which is probably why the price is so low. If he's any good, they'll have him back in a couple of years time.

Yeah, I heard about that.

He will have to be VERY good though.