Summer Transfer Window 2015

Donatello

Yeah, I heard about that.

He will have to be VERY good though.

If he turns out to be very good, but still not quite good enough for Barcelona, I wonder if there's a clause that prevents them buying him back for what is presumably a fairly low fee and then selling him on immediately?

Interesting news about this Ian Cathro chap, just appointed as McClaren's assistant at Newcastle. Fair to say until five minutes ago I'd never heard of him but looks like he's had a pretty decent career trajectory up to now. A 28 year old Scot who has been already an assistant in Portugal club football and then at Valencia, who finished fourth this year. Impressive.

Interesting news about this Ian Cathro chap, just appointed as McClaren's assistant at Newcastle. Fair to say until five minutes ago I'd never heard of him but looks like he's had a pretty decent career trajectory up to now. A 28 year old Scot who has been already an assistant in Portugal club football and then at Valencia, who finished fourth this year. Impressive.

He has done very well for himself in Portugal & Spain, coming back now for family reasons I believe. The BBC did a piece on him late last year giving a bit more background for those interested.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29463560

Be interesting to see how he and Paul Clement get on (although having taken very different jobs in coming back to this country).

He's exactly the same profile as Clyne when we snapped him up from Palace. Young, highly rated, lots of potential.

...and released by us when he was 16 (2009) before the current regime. Still, hopefully a nice little earner for Chippenham Town. Think we could have done worse, but suspect he would not have re-signed for us anyway. A good prospect, but probably not at LB.

...and released by us when he was 16 (2009) before the current regime. Still, hopefully a nice little earner for Chippenham Town. Think we could have done worse, but suspect he would not have re-signed for us anyway. A good prospect, but probably not at LB.

apparently. they will not get a penny

Not through sell-on clause, but they should benefit from the solidarity contribution for 2012-13, the season when he turned 20, even though he only played half a season before moving to Ipswich.

he was a free agent when Ipswich signed him (apparently)

they paid £10k as a gesture or something

SUNDERLAND IN FOR LENS?

Sunderland have made an £8million offer for Dynamo Kiev forward Jeremain Lens, according to the Daily Mail.

Dutch interntaional Lens, 27, has already worked with compatriot and Black Cats boss **** Advocaat at PSV.

But far with balotelli. Many predicted he would be gash for Liverpool

as did I win the case of Falcao at Utd, he was even crap at Monaco...why anyone would pay money for him or consider him a "wow" signing I just couldn't say. He had 1 good season at Atletico and has been milking that ever since. Some do not seem to understand that in a league containing teams like Elche,Almeria and Eibar scoring goals is not a major problem. If there was anything to be learnt from Soldado's transfer to Spurs this was it.

as did I win the case of Falcao at Utd, he was even crap at Monaco...why anyone would pay money for him or consider him a "wow" signing I just couldn't say. He had 1 good season at Atletico and has been milking that ever since. Some do not seem to understand that in a league containing teams like Elche,Almeria and Eibar scoring goals is not a major problem. If there was anything to be learnt from Soldado's transfer to Spurs this was it.

Falcao scored goals aplenty in Spain and destroyed teams practically on his own in their UEFA cup run. He scored from everywhere and is an incredibly brave player. His main problem is the injuries he has had. Falcao's stock could not have been higher here when he went to Monaco. He would have gone to Real if Atletic would have sold him to them. Bearing in mind the strength of the Spanish league at the moment they have to be respected. That said Messi and Ronald would get nowhere near 50 goals a season in England as you said.

i always say and think this about Ronaldo and Messi yea they're that good! But I really couldn't seem tem scoring a goal a game in the here or in German and maybe even Italy too.

i always say and think this about Ronaldo and Messi yea they're that good! But I really couldn't seem tem scoring a goal a game in the here or in German and maybe even Italy too.

the PL is the only Top League that does not contain chronicly weak teams, I mean some aren't so great but compared to the likes of Eibar, Paderborn and Cesena they are still decent sides. This is also one of the reasons that players involved in the PL are often less effective internationally, the PL wears them down because there are no easy games where you just need to turn up to win. It certainly affects English teams in Europe.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Has to be a rule against this in future. Like you have to play X games if you cost X amount. Utterly crazy for a keeper that good to give up playing.

Why? :lol:

If Begovic is that lacking in ambition that he's happy to go and sit on Chelsea's bench and play 5 games a season, that's his choice.

Swansea signing Eder from Braga, Portuguese Intl.

I think they have done the best business so far this summer and haven't lost anyone of note.

Spurs have signed Konoplyanka according to Italian press. Would be a decent free if true.

Edited by Saint Charlie

Spurs have signed Konoplyanka according to Italian press. Would be a decent free if true.

Free transfers like that are never cheap. The money saved in paying his club for a transfer goes to the player in multi million pound signing on fees, more inflated wages than normal and a huge agent fee.

Swansea signing Eder from Braga, Portuguese Intl.

I think they have done the best business so far this summer and haven't lost anyone of note.

I ain't going to judge which club has done good business until the season starts.

Which buffoon was it that said Norwich had done amazing business at the start of the season- and then ended up getting relegated :lol::lol:

Free transfers like that are never cheap. The money saved in paying his club for a transfer goes to the player in multi million pound signing on fees, more inflated wages than normal and a huge agent fee.

I didn't say it was cheap. Just it was a good free transfer signing. Which it is.

Too black and white. Clubs can still get a relatively cheap deal while giving the player and agent fat wedges of cash

they are (apparently) going to be after a CB from napoli and want another CF.

those years paying off the stadium have finally come home for them.

Yeah, they need one because although they have a few 'nippy forwards' who can fill in for Giroud when he's injured, none of them can lead the line like he can.

(Arguably, a bit like us & Pelle)

CHERRIES STEP UP GRADEL PURSUIT

Bournemouth are apparently considering making a bid for former Leeds and Leicester winger Max Gradel.

The 27-year-old left Leeds for St Etienne in 2011 and, according to the Daily Mirror, is keen on a move back to England.

The Cherries reportedly had a £4million bid rejected earlier this month but will go with back with £5m even though St Etienne are holding out for £7m.

Gradel spent time on loan with Bournemouth in 2007/08.

VIDAL DEAL UPDATE

Reports linking Arturo Vidal to Arsenal are wide of the mark, according to Sky sources.

The Juventus midfielder was “90% certain” to make a move to north London, according to reports in Spain.

Probably because the Arse won't pay the asking price...they never do, unless Wenger gets a bee in his bonnet and they think they landed the deal of the century.

CHERRIES STEP UP GRADEL PURSUIT

Bournemouth are apparently considering making a bid for former Leeds and Leicester winger Max Gradel.

The 27-year-old left Leeds for St Etienne in 2011 and, according to the Daily Mirror, is keen on a move back to England.

The Cherries reportedly had a £4million bid rejected earlier this month but will go with back with £5m even though St Etienne are holding out for £7m.

Gradel spent time on loan with Bournemouth in 2007/08.

Did Gradel play for Leeds when we had played our first game back in the championship after promotion? I seem to remember him going down in the box under a challenge and then throwing a hissy fit that would have made a 5 year old girl proud.

I ain't going to judge which club has done good business until the season starts.

Which buffoon was it that said Norwich had done amazing business at the start of the season- and then ended up getting relegated :lol::lol:

That would be Barry Sanchez, eulogising over their early days signings of Hooper and van Wolfswinkel and decrying our lack of activity which would result in us getting the dross that was left.